Reload this Page >

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 3:40 pm

My best was the Le Prince Maurice on Mauritius. Nice suite at a laguna.

www.princemaurice.com
Old Jan 23, 2004, 6:15 pm

Programs: Various
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Ericka:
As a teen, I used to travel with my father to the ocassional business meeting. He was head of a national organization at the time...needless to say, we did not pay for this.

In the mid-eighties, we stayed in the San Francisco Fairmont Presidential Suite. I'll keep it simple:
- 6000 square feet
- circular 2 story library with rolling staircase
- formal dining room with table that seated 30+
- formal living room with 2 story stone fireplace and grand piano
- floor, wall and ceiling mozaic tiled billiard room
- complete kitchen
- secret passageways for the staff to come and go unnoticed
- enormous outside terrace with bay views
- $7000/night back then (can't imagine what it goes for now)

And you wonder when I got so picky about hotels. :-)
</font>

Isn't this the suite that they used in the film The Rock with Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery?

Thanks,
Richard
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Svcs 3 MM, LH Senator, BA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMannion:

Isn't this the suite that they used in the film The Rock with Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery?

Thanks,
Richard
</font>
Yep, it certainly is the suite/deck with haircut featured in "The Rock"
Old Jan 24, 2004, 2:10 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Sorry to be off topic,

but the scenes shot at the Fairmont SF are as great as the following chase with Cage in the yellow Ferrari 355 Spider and Connery in the black Hummer. The suite and room service looks very good in this cool action movie.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:03 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I was looking through my personal diary and I should add the following rooms:

Dlx Junior Suite, Hotel de Crillon, Paris

Dlx room, Hotel le Bristol, Paris

Cheers
Old Jan 24, 2004, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM
My best upgrade has to be a penthouse suite at the Riviera in Las Vegas. This was probably about 9-10 years ago, and long before I had learned any FlyerTalk travel secrets.
I was traveling alone and had taken an evening flight from JFK to LAS to attend an academic conference. The flight (on a discount airline) was 100% full and carried a variety of passengers, including Mafia wannabes, drunken fratboys and several crying babies.
After deplaning and collecting my bags I headed for the airport shuttle service. I think I paid $21 for a roundtrip van ride to my hotel.
By the time I arrived at the front desk, I must have looked pretty exhausted. The front desk rep took my driver's license and credit card and began furiously typing away at her computer terminal keyboard looking for my reservation. After several "uh-ohs" and "hmmms" on her part, I looked up and said, "You have to help me, I just spent 5 hours on a full plane between 2 crying babies"
She looked up from her screen and without batting an eye lash asked me if I would mind staying on a higher floor. I answered, "anyhting you can do would be appreciated."

You can imagine my amazement when I opened the double doors to a 4 room suite that was well over 1,000 square feet. It included a formal dining room, a lounge with a grand piano,the biggest bathroom I had ever seen, and a balcony overlooking downtown Las Vegas.

All of this without even a hint of an extra Vegas check-in upgrade tip on my part.

Definitely the best suite I have ever stayed in, and at less than rack rate for a standard room.

DTW newbie
DJJ
Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat., AA Gold
I've stayed twice in one room at Hilton Shanghai. It's 2423 or similar; a two room suite with 2 baths; The bedroom has a big bay window overlooking the city and...this is what really blew me away: a 42" LCD hanging on the wall with a seriously powerful surround sound system.

Maybe that kind of entertainment setup is normal, but it was a first for me!
Old Jan 26, 2004, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Joseph Conrad suite at the Oriental, Bangkok, several years ago.

Uncomparable!
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:59 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LondonElite:
Joseph Conrad suite at the Oriental, Bangkok, several years ago.

Uncomparable!
</font>
LondonElite -- my sister and I are thinking of taking a trip to Bangkok and we were thinking of staying in an Author Suite at the Oriental. What was the Joseph Conrad suite like?
Luxury
Old Jan 26, 2004, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
A 1 BR suite at the RC Laguna Niguel with a huge living room, lovely furnishings, a long terrace and that amazing ocean view.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 2:16 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by luxury:
LondonElite -- my sister and I are thinking of taking a trip to Bangkok and we were thinking of staying in an Author Suite at the Oriental. What was the Joseph Conrad suite like?
Luxury
</font>
Well, it's hard to describe, but just imagine a room full of Thai antiques and silk, with a beautiful view over the Oriental's gardens.

I had a look at some of the other suites and also staying in the Somerset Maugham once, and they are all fantastic. Have a look here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?K1A021437

For the price you really can't go too wrong.

[This message has been edited by LondonElite (edited Jan 27, 2004).]
Old Jan 27, 2004, 1:35 pm

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
I wonder what the replies of B Watson, QuietLion, speedbird and Pickles are to this thread!!!

Please take a moment to post your "best suite(s)" here, I would really appreciate it.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 2:15 pm

http://www.stregismonarchbeach.com/docs/Pres_Suite.pdf

Impressive! Anyone here stayed on the Astor Floor at the St. Regis Monarch Beach ?

How was it ?

Do all rooms and suites have a Jacuzzi ?

http://www.stregismonarchbeach.com/a...dations.shtml#
Old Jan 27, 2004, 3:33 pm

Hotel Cala di Volpe on Sardinia's Costa Smeralda ("Emerald Coast") is probably best known to Americans as the place where L. Dennis Koslowski, the disgraced former CEO of Tyco, held his wife's bacchanalian birthday party cum corporate retreat. But if you go there, you probably won't do it like Dennis: You won't find models dressed like gladiators, dancers dressed like nymphs, laser light shows, or anything of the sort. Koslowski trafficked in ostentatious vulgarity; Cala di Volpe's style, when he's not there, is serene elegance...
http://www.forbes.com/2003/12/04/cx_...dow_print.html
Old Jan 28, 2004, 6:08 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by luxury:
Luxury
</font>
I found some photos for you...

http://www.asianetonline.com/oriental/room.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.