Search

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2004, 4:39 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
One more came to mind:

1. Direct frontal Mediterranean Sea view suite with terrace at the Hotel Majestic Barriere in Cannes. Having breakfast on your private terrace overlooking the Croisette and facing the sea was remarkable. Best part we were on a Leading Hotels 4 night package, supposedly in a side sea view room and at check-in were upgraded to the suite.

Last edited by luxury; Nov 4, 2005 at 11:06 am
Old Feb 16, 2004, 8:42 pm

Although I've enjoyed Ventana on Big Sur many times and "hotel" suites, last summer I had one of the most pleasurable experiences I had staying at "The Aerie" Relais & Chateaux Inn and spa on Vancouver Island, a half hour north of Victoria, in an upper level corner "Aerie Suite."

There was a wrap-around private balcony with view of the Olympic mountains, a spacious living room area with fireplace, wetbar, bedroom area with canopied bed, and in the middle of all of this a Roman style huge whirlpool tub with view of the Olympic Mountains. Everything was one huge room but the decor was so light and airy and with the view we felt like we were on top of the world with all the space we needed.

Service for whatever we wanted was outstanding, the restaurant also had a view and multicourse gourmet meals with wine pairing, there was an indoor pool, spa services, etc. Even the room service presentation of the food was so beautiful we had to take a picture of it!

The room was also relatively inexpensive by "luxury" standards, about $350. We'd just gotten back from a strenuous hiking trip in the Canadian Rockies with Butterfield Robinson and we spent our 3 days at the Aerie just vegging out and sucking in the view, service, ambience, and food. I can't wait to go back!
Old Feb 21, 2004, 2:09 am

Programs: Leaders Club, Small Luxury Hotels Club, Starwood Gold ,Marriott Gold, Pestana Elite.
The best suites I have stayed so far were at the Ritz in Paris and at the Kempinski in Budapest. Here we had booked a small presidential suite and were upgraded to the beautiful large presidential suite, which was like a huge luxury apartement. The boy that took us there kindly told us it was the suite where Melanie Griffit and Antonio Banderas had stayed. During my stay I sometimes imagined their stay there
Old Feb 21, 2004, 9:44 pm

Programs: HYATT-Nothingness; Starwood-Nothingness; AA-Nothingness
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by flamboyant 1:
http://www.stregismonarchbeach.com/docs/Pres_Suite.pdf

Impressive! Anyone here stayed on the Astor Floor at the St. Regis Monarch Beach ?

How was it ?

Do all rooms and suites have a Jacuzzi ?

http://www.stregismonarchbeach.com/a...dations.shtml#
</font>
Yes! I stayed at a very beautiful full suite on Astor Level. It was incredible with jacuzzi, multi-baths, large screens TVs throughout, balcony, and a great stereo system that you could hear and control throughout the suite. My second favourite stay. My best room ever was the Mardavall Resort and Spa in Mallorca -- beautiful suite with private balcony overlooking Meditteranean --- amazing hotel and facilities!
Old Feb 29, 2004, 3:41 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
bump
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:22 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
1) Presidential Suite at the Monasterio in Cusco - pure decadence, complete with coca tea for two.

2) Jnr Harbour View suite at the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong

3) King Cnr Rm Park Hyatt, Tokyo - what a view, what an intriguing toilet...

4) Dbl Superior at the Ritz, Madrid - tie with below

4) Dbl superior Avenida Palace, Lisbon - what a breakfast...

5) Dbl Pera Palac, Istanbul

6) Anything at the Cipriani, Venice

Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:12 pm
G2

Room 105 of the Hotel de Crillon in Paris. Not a suite, but part of the former chapel of the de Crillon family. Hand painted walls - it is very beautiful. I have photos somewhere that I will try to upload someday.

Recently stayed at Raffles in Singapore. The room was huge, among the largest I have ever had, and spotless. Service is perfect. I had Room 107 and took photos. I will link to them whenever I get them uploaded.

A suite - can't remember number - at the Jefferson Hotel here in Washington DC for my wedding night. It was very luxurious.

A junior suite at the Peninsula in NYC with a bathroom that you could have had a dinner party in.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 3:54 pm

Programs: LH FTL, EK Gold, AMEX Centurion, . HH Diamond, Ambassador Platinum,Sixt Diamond
Nicest Hotel room with service:

Ritz Carlton osaka

Nicest suite:

Inn at Spanish Bay, Pebble Beach

Hotel with most Atmosphere:

Ventana Inn, Big Sure, California
Old Mar 7, 2004, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.7MM, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Spire
This thread makes me realize how fortunate I am to stay in some beautiful places. However, the best has to be the Imperial Suite at the Caesar Park hotel on Ipanema beach at Rio de Janeiro. We weren't happy with our standard room so called the front desk and had them show us some suites. This suite is the best in the hotel and is about 3000 sf with four bedrooms. Since we had a friend traveling us, we took two bedrooms and struck a deal with the front desk.

The suite had a huge living room with long dining table, couches, bar, and then a more intimate yet very comfortable sitting room and bedroom overlooking the beach with a huge marble bathroom. Fabulous and highly recommended.
Old Mar 7, 2004, 11:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Not a suite, but a corner deluxe room at the Voile d' Or in Cap Ferrat - probably the most amazing views ever - the little harbor, bay & Corniches out the left windows & the Med & more Corniche action out the right - could sit on that balcony for hours!

Hyatt Guadalajara - arrived at 3am after nightmare flights & were given the Presidential Suite & the one right under it for our ROH points redeemed. Too bad we were too tired to enjoy.

MO Munich - most beautiful bathrooms in Germany & coziest beds.

Aman's - as already mentioned - wow!

Wakaya Club, Fiji - just gorgeous - huge tubs, outdoor showers, sooo romantic!
Old Apr 2, 2004, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, VS Silver.
Smile My honeymoon in Sandy Lane, Barbados

Nothing over the top, just a luxury ocean room, facing the sea, romantic balcony with seductive lighting, fantastic bed with really nice linen and a great bathroom with Penhaligon's toiletries.

But best of all, after a lifetime of business trips on my own in hotels around the world, this room had the best feature of them all, my lovely wife.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 7:15 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Grandest stay for me was in the Burj al Arab in Dubai. Nothing so bourgeois as a room there - it's all duplex suites with a sweeping staircase that makes you feel like doing Hello Dolly impressions. I counted 11 telephones in ours and there are 2 huge plasma TV screens. Loved the nifty projected clock on the stairs. Also came complete with laptop and internet connection. The bathroom goodies were all full-size luxury items from Hermes. And the cleaning staff come with their rags and detergents discreetly tucked away in a Gucci (or something) shoulder bag looking smarter than some of the guests.

But despite all the luxury, the room (sorry, suite) had an oppressive opulence that we fled from whenever possible. But the architecture and decor of the public areas was magnificent (and worth the price of the room just to experience it close up) as was the the service.

Later the same holiday stayed in a simple but sophisticated bungalow made of Finnish pine on the Maldivian island of Komandoo. A strange concept in a tropical climate but it was fantastic - nicest room I've stayed in in the Maldives - and practical. If it wasn't for the awful "art" it would have been perfect.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 7:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Hands down, it was the 3-story gatehouse suite at the Hotel St. James in Paris. Whitney Houston had just checked out of it the day we settled in. Besides the wonderful decor and spacious rooms, I'll never forget the sight of 6 white-tie waiters proudly carrying our room service dinner across the hotel courtyard on domed trays, then presenting the plates and lifting all the domes with the synchronized precision and elan of a symphony orchestra.
Old Apr 24, 2004, 7:53 pm

Location: BKK, formerly Irvine, CA, UA 1-k-MM, Hilton-gold, Gold Starwood
Asia, Australia and Europe

In Asia: Presidental Suite Westin Bangkok

Australia: Sheraton South Park Corner Suite

London: Dolphin Square, 1 bedroom suite
Old Apr 24, 2004, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
This may sound cheezy but my biggest room was at the Anaheim Marriott. I worked for a company that owned the hotel. The GM said he would take care of us when my family checked in for a Disneyland vacation weekend. We didn't pay anything for the room.

When we checked in, they gave me three keys. I didn't think much about it since hotels will often give you two sets of keys when you check in. The bell captain had our luggage and we had some small talk while riding up the elevator. He asked when the rest of our party would be arriving. I told him that there were no others in our group ( we were husband/wife and two small children). Turns out they gave us the Marriott Suite. This consisted of two normal guest rooms on each side of a large central living room. I would say it was the equivalent of five or six guest rooms side by side. Maybe 2,500 to 3,000 square feet.

Like some others have posted, it was an absurd amout of space for our family of four. We had a great time and this will always be a fun memory for us.

I've been a Hilton guy for the last few years but have recently had some very nice stays at some Marriotts. Looking forward to more hotel adventures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.