FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in
Old Jul 4, 2005, 1:00 pm
TMOliver

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by luxury
Hello everybody,
Every now and then I start dreaming about the "suite life" and I was curious to read about the nicest/best room or suite other FTer's have stayed in..... I guess I am hoping to live vicariously through your experiences and to see and learn more about what is out there in this fascinating world of ours.
Recent weeks...

The Presidential Suite of the Eldorado Hotel, Santa Fe, the ultimate in overdone Southwestern Kitsch, outdoor hot tub, party balcony about the size of a football field, but the rooftops of Santa Fe are not a very prepossessng view.

Last year....

A corner room (SE corner) of a Marriott on the South side of downtown Miami. The room was small but turned out to be perfectly equipped/arranged with as good a bed as I've ever found. High, the view of downtown and the Bay was hard to beat.

Recent years....

In the grand manner, one of the suites in the old Muehlbach Hotel, KC, MO, now a part of the Marriott across the street. For a taste of how the robber barons lived (or a feeling for the world of Harry Truman and the Prendergast Machine, or what KC was like back when it was an important city), this suite, a bottle of good bourbon, and dinner a few blocks down the hill at the old Savoy Grill provide an image.

Several Christamses back...

Redeeming points at the Renaissance on Market in San Francisco at Christmas, hotel nearly empty, a grand two bedroom suite on the conccierge floor. Daughter and son in law from LA, daughter from Texas, an almost ideal Christmas in a city with much open on Christmas day.

The halcyon days of my youth. A second floor bay front in Santa Margarita adjacent to Portofino. Blond secretary from Dusseldorf. Floor length gauze curtains. Open French doors. Gentle breeze. Summer afternoon.

Now, if you want to talk about the worst (and the worst of the worst)......