Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Given that the previous consolidated thread was started in 2008, it is time to start a new thread, beginning with an excellent review by KatW.

The previous thread may be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479
Print Wikipost

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Originally Posted by MattEvan
Had a fantastic stay at the Lutetia last week.

The spa was a highlight, one of the best massages in recent memory.
Any further feedback to share please
Rooms/public areas/F&B/service etc ?
How do you feel about the location ?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AC75K, Bonvoy LTit, HH Diamond, SL Jade, ALL GOLD, IHG Diamond, GHA Plat, BA Gold
No discussion on this thread of the Mandarin Oriental Paris - Any thoughts from anyone would be welcome - Considering either the MO, La Reserve or the Ritz for the next trip in the fall. Agree the Reserve is a bit far from things so I will likely take a pass, but it does feel quite relaxed. I ate there a coulpe of years ago and it was very very good. We stayed at the Park Hyatt Place Vendome last fall just after fashion week and it was terrible - service awful - room dirty. My third time at the PHV and it was not great-management was very apologetic and responsive, so that did help. On the same trip we also stayed at the Lutetia to try the left bank. Great location. Very nice hotel. Vibration from the metro in our room and the bed headboard is on the hallway/corridor wall so anytime the doors in the adjacent rooms closed, it shakes the wall and the headboard; very odd design-annoying. The Hermes bathroom amenities were great and the street noise wasn’t as bad as I would have expected. I will likely give them another chance as the location is great. thx
scented likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:47 pm

How’s the concierge at Lutetia? Any other thoughts on the location, service, F&B, etc.?
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
Originally Posted by nycnyc
How’s the concierge at Lutetia? Any other thoughts on the location, service, F&B, etc.?
We did not stay there, but had a wonderful dinner on the patio at their Brasserie. I really like the location, and we might give it a try next time depending on rates.
nycnyc likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Now staying at the Crillon and it's magnificently beautiful. Service is top notch as well and they noticed and do things for guests that will be missed by lesser luxury hotels. Very impressed. Will report back with more after completing the stay.

Old May 3, 2022, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by jman4321
No discussion on this thread of the Mandarin Oriental Paris - Any thoughts from anyone would be welcome - Considering either the MO, La Reserve or the Ritz for the next trip in the fall. Agree the Reserve is a bit far from things so I will likely take a pass, but it does feel quite relaxed. I ate there a coulpe of years ago and it was very very good. We stayed at the Park Hyatt Place Vendome last fall just after fashion week and it was terrible - service awful - room dirty. My third time at the PHV and it was not great-management was very apologetic and responsive, so that did help. On the same trip we also stayed at the Lutetia to try the left bank. Great location. Very nice hotel. Vibration from the metro in our room and the bed headboard is on the hallway/corridor wall so anytime the doors in the adjacent rooms closed, it shakes the wall and the headboard; very odd design-annoying. The Hermes bathroom amenities were great and the street noise wasn’t as bad as I would have expected. I will likely give them another chance as the location is great. thx
That's a testament to how many excellent options there are in the city. I love MO Paris and think it is hugely underrated (if that's possible). It's true though that you hardly hear it mentioned. Their team is fantastic and the rooms/suites are beautiful and spacious. They also had the largest "apartment" of any hotel in Paris for a while (I believe Cheval Blanc's is now the largest), and it has everything you could want plus an enormous terrace. I find their decor a bit more modern in style, and I think a lot of people go to Paris to experience the grand/Parisian style, so I can see how it's not for everyone.
Old May 6, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Short Review - Crillon Paris - Magnificent!

Happy to resume my travels after a 2 year hatius ( for obvious reasons ) and I decided to book this hotel. Actually I booked this hotel way in advance in 2021 when Delta was still raging on. I did not book through Virtuoso or a travel agent and decided to contact and negotiate with the hotel directly for a 3 night stay ( and another 3 nights at the Ritz ) and got what I feel is a bargain with upgrade a time of booking, round trip transfer and a very generous €89 of F&B per night.

Here's a quick run through :

The Hotel

The hotel underwent a full scale renovation and it shows. Truely live up to it's "Palace" status, the common areas are palatial, high ceiling, gleaming chandeliers and tapestry and artwork everywhere you turn. Check-in was at a dedicated reception room and sit down reception of course.

The Room

I got a Premier Suite at a high floor and it's spacious and luxurious. And as a surprise bonus, it has not one but 5 balconies, one of which is spacious enough to have a relaxing coffee sitting down and has a side view of the Effiel Tower. The bedroom features a hidden TV that rises on the press of a remote. The bathroom is also full ensuite with its outdoor balcony. The suite is full of natural light and is one of the better suites in this category. Only minor nitpick is that the ceiling is a bit lower than normal as typical of European building, lower floor higher ceiling and higher floor low ceiling.

Service and F&B

The hotel provides Butler service and this is no housekeeping or customer service staff doubling as butler like some hotels do but they are dedicated butlers. Even better, every room has butler service regardless of category. The butlers are incredibly responsive to any requests and they can be reachable by a dedicated whatsapp number which is incredibly convenient. So I just type my request in the phone and within minutes ( sometimes seconds ), a butler will turn up at my door with the things I want. Butler service when done well provide focal point to guests service and significantly elevate the experience. And I made many many requests during my stay, including re-arranging some furniture in the suite to my liking and add a small working desk, all done with no fuss and superb efficiency

Now one of the highlight of the service I got is definitely this. I recently has a fondness for hibiscus tea that I brought some with me and left in the pantry and the butlers noticed it when servicing my room. They then proceed to provide 2 complimentary hibiscus tea sachets, made in house by the hotel. Now that’s service! Another case was when I asked the concierge to find me a rather rare Rose champagne and they manage to find it after like calling literally all the wine parlor in Paris.

Every where I went while in the property, I was always greeted by name without fail, by the staff and this include the bellhop, the concierge, the butlers, the waiters, the Managers and literally everyone. All the staff were eager to please and always asked what more they can do for you. I literally never waited for anything. This level of personal touch was really missed now that I am staying at the Ritz and by contrast, the service seems a lot less personal. Also to mention the attire and level of grooming of the staff are also uniformerly excellent.

Breakfast is ala carte order from a menu and I am not sure if there were any restriction but basically I just order anything I want and they didn’t even asked me to sign anything. Quality of the food is of course extremely high and I also dine at the L’ecrin restaurant, their signature fine dinning establishment. Another must try is their bar, with wonderful atmosphere and a must try is their selection of 10 specialty cocktails called the Les Ambassadors.

On the day of my check-out, I was shown a few specialty suites which I will share the photos later in this thread. They are suffice to say, jaw-droppingly beautiful.

Conclusion

Crillon is an excellent hotel and manage to surpass my last favourite hotel in Paris ( the Ritz Paris ) in terms of excellence of service and the overall enjoyment of my stay. The public areas and rooms are beautiful, the staff are wonderful, you are basically cocooned in luxury staying here. It is not easy to impress me but the Crillon did it in spades.
Old May 6, 2022, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Crillon sounds amazing.
Old May 6, 2022, 6:00 pm

Programs: FS,
May I ask how did you approach the upgrade request during booking directly with the hotel? I have numerous experience with Virtuoso, so I would like to know an alternative.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by user136
May I ask how did you approach the upgrade request during booking directly with the hotel? I have numerous experience with Virtuoso, so I would like to know an alternative.
Basically I simply asked and they offered to me. But I booked this hotel last year before travel was back to normal. Not sure if can get same now. You probably have better luck booking via your Virtuoso agent.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: FS,
ah, I see , thank you. Will definitely recontact Virtuosos.
Old May 7, 2022, 8:03 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by BENLEE
Basically I simply asked and they offered to me. But I booked this hotel last year before travel was back to normal. Not sure if can get same now. You probably have better luck booking via your Virtuoso agent.
And in most cases, the upgrade at Hotel de Crillon is provided at time of booking, directly via the GDS for the balance of 2022. The daily F&B credit you had is unique, assuming your rate plan included breakfast. Thanks for these photos, it really is a beautiful hotel.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Checked the dates in July for my Four Seasons suite at George V again. Its now nearly double the price with 4400 per night.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Checked the dates in July for my Four Seasons suite at George V again. Its now nearly double the price with 4400 per night.
Is that for a specialty suite?

Unfortunately inflation affects everything, including luxury hotel rates which are already higher to begin with.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
With probably half the expected service levels too...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.