FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)
Old May 3, 2022, 6:50 pm
pstm91

Originally Posted by jman4321
No discussion on this thread of the Mandarin Oriental Paris - Any thoughts from anyone would be welcome - Considering either the MO, La Reserve or the Ritz for the next trip in the fall. Agree the Reserve is a bit far from things so I will likely take a pass, but it does feel quite relaxed. I ate there a coulpe of years ago and it was very very good. We stayed at the Park Hyatt Place Vendome last fall just after fashion week and it was terrible - service awful - room dirty. My third time at the PHV and it was not great-management was very apologetic and responsive, so that did help. On the same trip we also stayed at the Lutetia to try the left bank. Great location. Very nice hotel. Vibration from the metro in our room and the bed headboard is on the hallway/corridor wall so anytime the doors in the adjacent rooms closed, it shakes the wall and the headboard; very odd design-annoying. The Hermes bathroom amenities were great and the street noise wasn’t as bad as I would have expected. I will likely give them another chance as the location is great. thx
That's a testament to how many excellent options there are in the city. I love MO Paris and think it is hugely underrated (if that's possible). It's true though that you hardly hear it mentioned. Their team is fantastic and the rooms/suites are beautiful and spacious. They also had the largest "apartment" of any hotel in Paris for a while (I believe Cheval Blanc's is now the largest), and it has everything you could want plus an enormous terrace. I find their decor a bit more modern in style, and I think a lot of people go to Paris to experience the grand/Parisian style, so I can see how it's not for everyone.