Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RichardInSF
Given that the previous consolidated thread was started in 2008, it is time to start a new thread, beginning with an excellent review by KatW.

The previous thread may be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...ferrerid=14479
Print Wikipost

Paris Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread started 9/21)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2022, 3:12 am

For value:

The Prince de Galles next door to the FS is a solid choice. The new Akira Back restaurant is both fun and great food. We very much enjoyed our one night stay there last week.

If you like le Marais and a more boutique style, the Pavillon de la Reine is great. One of our favorites in Paris. We did a few night at their top de la Reine suite and it was outstanding. It would set you back about the same as an entry level room at the FS.
KatW, FlyerEC and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by offerendum
I booked FS in January and from this point rates for my dates in July went up around 400 € per night. It seems pricing is very dynamic and only the sky is the limit.
Not just George V either, most of the others are starting around 1,500€ too
offerendum likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by scented
To be honest, I think it also has to do with limited inventory and ongoing staffing issues. Limited inventory from rooms taken offline for either renovation or due to reduced capacity.

The suites are still priced pretty much the same.

FS dynamic pricing algorithms are extremely sensitive.
Well, my Executive Suite is now around 2600 € per night, booked it 1 month ago for 2200 €. In my memory it was 1800 or even less pre-pandemic

Last edited by offerendum; Feb 24, 2022 at 9:23 am
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by United747
Not just George V either, most of the others are starting around 1,500€ too
Absolutely true
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:47 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by erik123
If you like le Marais and a more boutique style, the Pavillon de la Reine is great. One of our favorites in Paris. We did a few night at their top de la Reine suite and it was outstanding. It would set you back about the same as an entry level room at the FS.
Good to hear. It's been many years since I've stayed there, but I loved the hotel and I love the location. It has character and charm. There is so much that is in easy walking distance, both museums and restaurants.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 5:00 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by erik123
Great location. If you like Marais, Cour des Vosges is nice too (if you don't need all the bells and whistles of a proper hotel). I liked my stay at Sinner too - but it is not for everyone. Very certain demographic and definitely not the same as the palaces we often talk about here.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Thinking of splurging on 1 night in a top tier Paris luxury hotel. After doing some research and looking at prices, I'm between Cheval Blanc, Le Meurice and Le Bristol. Anyone have strong feelings for/against 1 of those in particular?
Old Feb 28, 2022, 1:04 am

Programs: FB Gold, IB Plus Plata
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Thinking of splurging on 1 night in a top tier Paris luxury hotel. After doing some research and looking at prices, I'm between Cheval Blanc, Le Meurice and Le Bristol. Anyone have strong feelings for/against 1 of those in particular?
IMO le Bristol is superior to Cheval Blanc and Le Meurice. Cheval Blanc surroundings are not nice, with hellish traffic at all time of the day and the rooms are not well noise isolated, which is a real problem. Service is very fine but not extraordinary. Same for F&B.

Le Meurice would be my second choice, but some parts of the common areas feel tired and the area feels more touristy than Le Bristol.

Le Bristol is an amazing hotel. I was born in Paris and the Faubourg St Honoré location is far better for me than Cheval Blanc and Le Meurice locations. The hotel gardens is beautiful and peaceful. Service is out of this world, and the rooms and common areas are very tastefully decorated and not in a overstated way like the Ritz. F&B is also amazing.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
My vote would go to Le Bristol and recommend you to stay away from the LVMH branding exercise that is Cheval Blanc.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Satie
IMO le Bristol is superior to Cheval Blanc and Le Meurice. Cheval Blanc surroundings are not nice, with hellish traffic at all time of the day and the rooms are not well noise isolated, which is a real problem. Service is very fine but not extraordinary. Same for F&B.

Le Meurice would be my second choice, but some parts of the common areas feel tired and the area feels more touristy than Le Bristol.
I'd avoid Cheval Blanc. Based on everything I've read it's too noisy and more concerned with image than providing a nice place to stay.

We like Le Meurice. Our room was lovely, the service was generally fine and the location was great for us since it's a short walk to the Louvre and we are major museum goers.

Le Bristol is probably more popular on this forum, with near unanimous praise for its service.
miles4CDG, Satie and exlibris like this.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:42 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
One reason I'd choose Le Meurice of Le Bristol would be if you had a park view room - the views are stunning across the Tuileries to the Louvre and Eiffel Tower. I adore Le Bristol - not once have had a complaint and clients I've sent there after they've stayed at other palaces on previous trips have loved it.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:26 am

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

How do people feel about the Crillon these days?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:27 am

I see that restaurant Plenitude at the new Cheval Blanc has been awarded an immediate *** in the 2022 Michelin Guide. Andy Hayler's review is here -
https://www.andyhayler.com/restaurant/plenitude
tdiddy23 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by richarddd
I'd avoid Cheval Blanc. Based on everything I've read it's too noisy and more concerned with image than providing a nice place to stay.

We like Le Meurice. Our room was lovely, the service was generally fine and the location was great for us since it's a short walk to the Louvre and we are major museum goers.

Le Bristol is probably more popular on this forum, with near unanimous praise for its service.
From what I've heard and read it's only the lower rooms that are noisy. I have not heard any complaints from the suites about that. The service has either been the greatest ever or is going through growing pains, so it's hard to say where they really are.

I actually just heard my first complaint about Bristol with noise - avoid the lower level junior suites facing the front of the hotel. A friend just stayed last week as part of an organized trip and said the room was beyond loud. When busses passed by, items in the room (including the bed) vibrated. No one showed gave them a tour of the room either, so the confusing light switches were a nightmare and the thermostat didn't work. Took 3 calls to get someone to come look at it. I had always heard great feedback from Le Bristol so I was very shocked to hear this. However, even without this feedback, I'd still pick Le Meurice for a variety of reasons.

I am more curious if anyone has seen the new Pavillon Faubourg Saint-German? I believe it just opened like 2 weeks ago.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:28 am

Had a fantastic stay at the Lutetia last week.

The spa was a highlight, one of the best massages in recent memory.
Nizar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.