FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IBobi
test wikipost
Print Wikipost

Amanresorts Thread 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Keen to read about your Hoshinoya experience (perhaps another thread?).
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Amen to sharing the Hoshinoya Tokyo experience! Our neighbors just went at the end of their Japan trip and had mixed thought. Please post in this thread:
Tokyo luxury hotels (newer consolidated thread)
Sure thing! You can read that here . I wasn't planning on writing a review, so I don't have a ton of pictures but feel free to ask anything I wouldn't have mentioned!

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Give Aman another go - perhaps one of the more famed resorts.
Agreed. Perhaps the more famed remote resorts where there really aren't any other luxury options--places where Aman truly can shine. Like Jiwo. Pulo. Bagh. Giri. Zoe. Kila. Wella. Maybe even Wana. That's really it for me. I'm still waiting for Gabon and Oca...
Thanks guys, I definitely will! I was actually going to ask which ones are the most "representative" of the Aman experience as it should be. I read several times that the Indonesian ones are probably the best out there. I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but any thoughts on Amanyara (as it's a lot easier to get to from the US for a long week end for instance)?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:41 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Klems
...any thoughts on Amanyara (as it's a lot easier to get to from the US for a long week end for instance)?
I wouldn't recommend Amanyara personally, unless perhaps if you're a big scuba diver--as there is great diving really close. Even with us being major divers, though, the inland pool pavilion arrangement just doesn't appeal to us for the price. We'd be more likely to try COMO Parrot Cay or Grace Bay for the cost/benefit.

For a US property, go to Amangiri. Period, end. It's spectacular. It's almost always at high occupancy but it's still tremendous IMO. We are toying with returning in Jan for my birthday. We first went in April 2015 for our 5th wedding anniversary--and knew we'd return. Loved it.

You also can try Amangani, but I recommend it less for skiing and more to just explore the town and Grand Teton National Park (and Yellowstone before/afterward). We've been twice. It's less pricey than Giri, but also a bit less "Aman-ish" than Giri, too. But we absolutely love Jackson.
Klems and mumum17 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by A380 Flyer
The Datai Langkawi surely comes close to any Aman beach resort?
No it doesn't
Musken and bhrubin like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:04 am

I wouldn't recommend Amanyara personally, unless perhaps if you're a big scuba diver--as there is great diving really close. Even with us being major divers, though, the inland pool pavilion arrangement just doesn't appeal to us for the price. We'd be more likely to try COMO Parrot Cay or Grace Bay for the cost/benefit.

For a US property, go to Amangiri. Period, end. It's spectacular. It's almost always at high occupancy but it's still tremendous IMO. We are toying with returning in Jan for my birthday. We first went in April 2015 for our 5th wedding anniversary--and knew we'd return. Loved it.

You also can try Amangani, but I recommend it less for skiing and more to just explore the town and Grand Teton National Park (and Yellowstone before/afterward). We've been twice. It's less pricey than Giri, but also a bit less "Aman-ish" than Giri, too. But we absolutely love Jackson.
Thanks! Yeah Amangiri is definitely on my bucket list, and has been for a while. Hopefully next year!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:56 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Oh boy, third Aman for Revolve’s social media people ...Sveti Stefan.

All these social media people are approaching Amanjunkie level

Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

details on revolve bookings?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Ernst just let me know that he won't be on-site for our trip to Amankila in a couple weeks. Does Amankila run better than most hotels when the GM isn't around (as in, not particularly well)?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
You will still be in good hands , callmedtop . Shane L , will be around as will Agus & team .
Even if Ernst is around , things would be about the same .. many have been here from the beginning , just remember that this is East Bali & maybe like different ‘ piper ‘ .

No event that weekend either so it should be Aman as it should be . Cannot vouch if another weekend though !
Will connect with you separately if it helps .

Some FTers here had a mini meet up yesterday .. All enjoying our stays .
callmedtop likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:52 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Ernst just let me know that he won't be on-site for our trip to Amankila in a couple weeks. Does Amankila run better than most hotels when the GM isn't around (as in, not particularly well)?
Yes - Shane is fantastic.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Question for the Aman experts here - 4 nights at Amankila or 2 nights at Amandari and 2 nights at Amankila? Also, any experience using the Citi Prestige 4th night free on a multi property stay?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by RunningforMiles
Question for the Aman experts here - 4 nights at Amankila or 2 nights at Amandari and 2 nights at Amankila? Also, any experience using the Citi Prestige 4th night free on a multi property stay?
Not even close: 4 nights at Amankila.

Lots of experience with Citi Prestige 4th night free. Just book through Citi for each stay. Easy.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:51 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.

Lots of experience with Citi Prestige 4th night free. Just book through Citi for each stay. Easy.
+1....Def 4 nights at Kila
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: AA, CX, AS, DL / Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
+1....Def 4 nights at Kila
Thanks, will keep my reservation as is then
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:02 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by RunningforMiles
Thanks, will keep my reservation as is then
You easily can do a day trip to Ubud from Amankila. Ubud actually isn’t as interesting as so many pretend.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold

You easily can do a day trip to Ubud from Amankila. Ubud actually isn’t as interesting as so many pretend.
Agreed Amankila is by far the better experience and you can still go to Ubud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.