Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live @ Six Senses Zil Pasyon. (Seychelles islands)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
Sorry, but I´m not really able to hear it. Rape is something so disgusting that I had to stop. All my sympathy. I discussed it with my GF and it ended in a bluster what I would do with someone who cross my way and tries to rape a woman.

I don´t wonna speak about the incident in general as I´m not capable to do so. What confuse me are 2 things.

First the reaction of SS at this forum is inacceptable. It´s one Thing to answer with a standard text. It may be inpersonal but regarding the fact that also damage claims under civil law against SS may be raised one day justifiable. What I can´t accept is that they wrote 2 and 3 times the same answer. That let me think they think I´m stupid what´s not good for potential business partners (yes, as a guest I do business with them!).

Second I´m very confused about the obvious (so far I heared the text) fact that members of staff of a resort (business operation without any sovereign rights) did some Kind of criminal Investigation. It seems as someone didn´t understand their part and competences. While a captain on a boat has some competences under maritime law a GM has surely not. They may be allowed to capture someone until the police arrives but that´s another cup of tea. Of course they have immediate to call the police if a serious crime is reported. No matter if they think the police officer in charge is qualified or not. It´s only the decision of the competent authorities to decide if their are further investigations and who carries them out.
Thank you, thank you for the answer! I can imagine It is very hard to listen to this conversation. Your reaction is only natural. I personally can't listen again to this and ask a friend to do the transcript. Yes, they interrogated me two times, and I was shocked and thought they are trying to help me, so, while demanding for the police, I obediently repeated the details. I only started to understand what is going on after GM hinted several times that I invited the man myself.
And I still wonder, it is my main question, that not helping me, immediately blaming me for faking the rape, insulting me to my gut with questions if I experienced pleasure that night, hiding the knife, CCTV footage, can be justified by the possibility of civil claim against them? What If I broke my leg in their pool, or was robbed by the housekeeper and caught him red handed, or hurt in any other way? Can the fact that they may be responsible for that ( and they are responsible) justify them not calling the doctor and police and blaming me?

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 10, 2017 at 10:51 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Omnis Si Mulier
What If I broke my leg in their pool
speaking of, at a newly reflagged FS in france >

Originally Posted by hannisen
cut her foot

It turns out that one of the lamps about 2 feet below the water has come loose, which in turn has exposed some very sharp edges and screws...The lamp in question, now floating, four days later

no one, except the lifeguard who helped our daughter, ever asked how she was or if we needed anything. We had to ask for new band aids from the concierge each day

being told by my daughter to be careful around the lamps in the pool so that I don't hurt myself, is not the lasting memory I was hoping for from this trip
Regarding the lamp, I told the person who checked us in the same evening, and I also talked to one of the lifeguards about it the following day.
The GM has assured me that the lamp was repaired imnediately, but that it didn't hold up. They will have to do proper repairs once the pool is emptied.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Oh, so sorry for them, this is also unacceptable!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Can the fact that they may be responsible for that ( and they are responsible) justify them not calling the doctor and police and blaming me?
Of course not! Under no circumstances the by you depicted behaviour of Six Senses staff is acceptable. I only have understanding (not symathy) for someone who [B]now[B] withdraw on generally juristic innocuous statements.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Resorts never want to admit any liability for ANYTHING and love to put it on guests. Happened to my wife at RC Mandapa with a particularly slippery outdoor shower and slippery surface. She sprained that left ankle so bad it would have been better to have a complete break. They got her a nurse but no follow ups or anything after we left. Compensation? That place is just about making money and not giving an inch.

Thank you, thank you for the answer! I can imagine It is very hard to listen to this conversation. Your reaction is only natural. I personally can't listen again to this and ask a friend to do the transcript. Yes, they interrogated me two times, and I was shocked and thought they are trying to help me, so, while demanding for the police, I obediently repeated the details. I only started to understand what is going on after GM hinted several times that I invited the man myself.
The GM sounds very smarmy from the get-go. No compassion in his voice. I've never even met him and I can tell he's probably not a great GM.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Another point: Especially if I guess as a hotel it´s a case of faked accusations I would avoid any interference and left everything to the police. Everything else left a bad taste and do ist damage.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:31 am

Of course not! Under no circumstances the by you depicted behaviour of Six Senses staff is acceptable. I only have understanding (not symathy) for someone who [B]now[B] withdraw on generally juristic innocuous statements.
Agree, even now I feel that sympathy for their communication manager and those who have to deal with this case but have no authority and responsibility to change anything.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Resorts never want to admit any liability for ANYTHING and love to put it on guests. Happened to my wife at RC Mandapa with a particularly slippery outdoor shower and slippery surface. She sprained that left ankle so bad it would have been better to have a complete break. They got her a nurse but no follow ups or anything after we left. Compensation? That place is just about making money and not giving an inch.
How can one protect her/himself in this situations? I am thinking of writing the tutorial on this.

The GM sounds very smarmy from the get-go. No compassion in his voice. I've never even met him and I can tell he's probably not a great GM.
He was very polite and yet no empathy and compassion, that scared and hurt me most.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:39 am

Another point: Especially if I guess as a hotel it´s a case of faked accusations I would avoid any interference and left everything to the police. Everything else left a bad taste and do ist damage.
In the beginning I thought everything was so clear - blood on bedsheets, the knife, the camera footage - I even hadn't a slightest idea they may dare to say I am lying. (they call it great discrepancies between my report and the resort's findings) FINDINGS! They were hiding, not finding.

There was no space, no controversy in the events that may suggested there was no rape.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 10, 2017 at 11:53 am
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How can one protect her/himself in this situations? I am thinking of writing the tutorial on this.

He was very polite and yet no empathy and compassion, that scared and hurt me most.
If the property is willing to work with you through their insurance then you can at least get medical bills covered. I've had a massage gone wrong before at a PH and their GM was very cooperative in helping me get compensated for CT scans, hospital bills, medication, etc. Mandapa was dismissive. Like, since we left then it wasn't their problem. One of the major reasons I'd NEVER go back there or recommend it to friend and family.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:15 pm

If the property is willing to work with you through their insurance then you can at least get medical bills covered. I've had a massage gone wrong before at a PH and their GM was very cooperative in helping me get compensated for CT scans, hospital bills, medication, etc. Mandapa was dismissive. Like, since we left then it wasn't their problem. One of the major reasons I'd NEVER go back there or recommend it to friend and family.
Respect to PH! And what if you find yourself completely depending on the hotel's decisions and power? Like in the situation with RC or mine? No other way to deal with this, only to go public?
I am actually thinking about what I could have done differently that night and understand that I did my best, really, with how I managed to escape, with how I cooperated with the management and the police. I couldn't do better but I still see no way to prevent them from what they did.
Perhaps I could've taken a photo of the scene before I run away, or took the knife with me, perhaps I could've check the CCTV footage myself. But I was too frightened and exhausted I didn't think about taking care of the evidences, I just wanted to escape, I was so shocked and had no idea they would never help me.

Last edited by Omnis Si Mulier; Jul 10, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Respect to PH! And what if you find yourself completely depending on the hotel's decisions and power? Like in the situation with RC or mine? No other way to deal with this, only to go public?
My former agent didn't want to screw up his relationship with the burgeoning property and didn't do much. "What do you want from them?" was his response.

What someone could do in terms of personal injury like an ankle sprain or the blood of pool?

1. Try to resolve it with the property. Write to GM or discuss if they're on site. Reasonable properties would keep in touch and keep asking if there's anything they can do. Keep receipts from hospital visits, etc.

2. This fails then take it to corporate. Area Vice presidents usually work.

2a. Take it to social media and TA.

I was just really frustrated with my agent and the sh**ty property that I just wanted to wash my hands of the whole situation. Mandapa made it seem like we were whiners when their property had some major flaws in the beginning. Apparently, this RC reserve says they appreciate constructive criticism but calls you difficult behind your back.

I am actually thinking about what I could have done differently that night and understand that I did my best, really, with how I managed to escape, with how I cooperated with the management and the police. I couldn't do better but I still see no way to prevent them from what they did.
It's not on you Omnis. You did the best you could in a frightening situation. I think we're all glad you managed to escape and lived to tell this tale and to bring this horrible property/brand to light.
The people who should have been helping you were only trying to cover their own butts. SS as a brand should be ashamed.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:43 pm

My former agent didn't want to screw up his relationship with the burgeoning property and didn't do much. "What do you want from them?" was his response.

What someone could do in terms of personal injury like an ankle sprain or the blood of pool?

1. Try to resolve it with the property. Write to GM or discuss if they're on site. Reasonable properties would keep in touch and keep asking if there's anything they can do. Keep receipts from hospital visits, etc.

2. This fails then take it to corporate. Area Vice presidents usually work.

2a. Take it to social media and TA.

I was just really frustrated with my agent and the sh**ty property that I just wanted to wash my hands of the whole situation. Mandapa made it seem like we were whiners when their property had some major flaws in the beginning. Apparently, this RC reserve says they appreciate constructive criticism but calls you difficult behind your back.
I am really sorry for you experienced that, to wash one's hand is the right expression.

I did exactly those steps - I tried to communicate with Six Senses SEO, it is like talking to the wall, he replied with formal answers, some of them they posted here as the replies to posts.

TA is not approving my reviews, wrote on their FB, and I am here.

It's not on you Omnis. You did the best you could in a frightening situation. I think we're all glad you managed to escape and lived to tell this tale and to bring this horrible property/brand to light.
The people who should have been helping you were only trying to cover their own butts. SS as a brand should be ashamed.
Thank you for this words, sometimes I feel so frustrated and exhausted thinking I could do better, be more clever, more alert.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really sorry for you experienced that, to wash one's hand is the right expression.

I did exactly those steps - I tried to communicate with Six Senses SEO, it is like talking to the wall, he replied with formal answers, some of them they posted here as the replies to posts.

TA is not approving my reviews, wrote on their FB, and I am here.

Thank you for this words, sometimes I feel so frustrated and exhausted thinking I could do better, be more clever, more alert.
I gave up on Mandapa but you stay strong.

TA is so crooked. They don't approve anything negative (but true!) against Signiel Seoul either.

The upside with FB and Google reviews is that they can't be deleted by the property or owners...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:55 pm

I gave up on Mandapa but you stay strong.
I will! I am into sport since my childhood, and I am used to long distance.

TA is so crooked. They don't approve anything negative (but true!) against Signiel Seoul either.

The upside with FB and Google reviews is that they can't be deleted by the property or owners...
FB and Google - that I did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.