Amanresorts Thread 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Congrats on the honeymoon! I am actually planning something rather similar for next year but with 10-12 nights in Bali as we absolutely love it. The one suggestion I would give is to reconsider doing Dari/Nusa/Kila in seven days. That's a lot of moving around and packing / unpacking (even with Aman transfers...) that I wouldn't necessarily want to "go through" that during a honeymoon. Two properties may be much smoother.

I'd probably skip Amandari just based on what I've heard here about the property itself and my own experiences of Ubud. Maybe stop in Ubud on the way from Amanusa to Amankila for a lunch / day trip? So first 3 days Amanusa, last 4 days Amankila?

Then again, different strokes. Congrats again!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

some here have had aman unpack/pack, could ask ian and ernst

can also always re-arrange, when same rates, and im sure they would refund difference if dropping from say specialty at kila/dari and moving to nusa. nusa has residences but probably better value at kila/dari, if doing it.

if interested in villages aman has ties with, could ask re that at both kila and dari

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2017 at 8:01 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:48 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by callmedtop
Congrats on the honeymoon! I am actually planning something rather similar for next year but with 10-12 nights in Bali as we absolutely love it. The one suggestion I would give is to reconsider doing Dari/Nusa/Kila in seven days. That's a lot of moving around and packing / unpacking (even with Aman transfers...) that I wouldn't necessarily want to "go through" that during a honeymoon. Two properties may be much smoother.

I'd probably skip Amandari just based on what I've heard here about the property itself and my own experiences of Ubud. Maybe stop in Ubud on the way from Amanusa to Amankila for a lunch / day trip? So first 3 days Amanusa, last 4 days Amankila?

Then again, different strokes. Congrats again!
Echo this. 7 days and 3 resorts might be a little too hectic. Do Amandari or Amanusa + Amankila, with more time spent at Amankila.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

some here do extremely short stays. others do extremely long stays.

speaking only for myself, i have had no issues doing 3 night stays. in 7 nights, that could be 3+3+1. 3+2+2 i do not think i would have a problem with. especially if property did most (i would do a little myself) of unpacking, packing, transporting. one thing about nusa is that it is closer to airport. i have also had no issues doing 1 night stays after arriving at destination, before moving to other properties.

and again one thing about aman bali that is unique is that the rates are the same, for multiple room categories. as well as generally low occupancy. so re-arranging the stay (and there are reports of doing so here) is much easier than almost any other place, or with any other company. one exception to this would be it may not be as easy to extend stay in specialty suites at kila/dari. but then, they could upgrade one of the two guests involved, if there was not availability in same suite.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2017 at 8:14 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:06 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
some here do extremely short stays. others do extremely long stays.

speaking only for myself, i have had no issues doing 3 night stays. in 7 nights, that could be 3+3+1. 3+2+2 i do not think i would have a problem with. especially if property did most (i would do a little myself) of unpacking, packing, transporting. one thing about nusa is that it is closer to airport. i have also had no issues doing 1 night stays after arriving at destination, before moving to other properties.

and again one thing about aman bali that is unique is that the rates are the same, for multiple room categories. as well as generally low occupancy. so re-arranging the stay (and there are reports of doing so here) is much easier than almost any other place, or with any other company. one exception to this would be it may not be as easy to extend stay in specialty suites at kila/dari. but then, they could upgrade one of the two guests involved, if there was not availability in same suite.
Unclear if it's 7 days or 7 nights. 7 days would mean 6 nights, which would be 1 + 2 + 3 or 2 + 2 + 2 which is quite short!

I liked Amanusa more than Amandari, but having said that if you are going to Bali for the first time and/or will be doing Amankila later anyway, I see no reason to do both Amanusa + Amankila if time is restricted.

Amanusa is good for a one night stay though, typically combined with Amanjiwo/Amanwana or long stays in Bali and heading out somewhere else later.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

when all on bali, can spend full days at property even if (rare at aman) room is not available early/late. it is different if flying to another place, or otherwise losing vast amounts of time / entire days to travel between properties.

but there are indeed also mentions here of daytrips between amans, especially to beaches at nusa/kila.

opinions on which way to split amongst properties is always good, and when some always skip certain properties. it is always interesting to see many differing opinions/practices, then one sees which they end up agreeing with.

has anyone had aman hold luggage at one aman or send to next aman? especially for those who bring a lot of luggage, for example the beach luggage could be sent to beach aman if heading to dari first, as one possible example. or vice versa depending on what one is bringing.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 30, 2017 at 10:12 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
It is fairly flexible. I could swing 7 nights, 8 days, or even 8 nights, but that would be the most. Question - is there any way to pay for Aman's with gift cards?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

only 'credit' gift cards.. anything else would be negotiated with owner of amanresorts

does aman indonesia/bali still honor those F&B(spa?) discount cards sold in australia?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
It is fairly flexible. I could swing 7 nights, 8 days, or even 8 nights, but that would be the most. Question - is there any way to pay for Aman's with gift cards?
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
when all on bali, can spend full days at property even if (rare at aman) room is not available early/late. it is different if flying to another place, or otherwise losing vast amounts of time / entire days to travel between properties.

but there are indeed also mentions here of daytrips between amans, especially to beaches at nusa/kila.

opinions on which way to split amongst properties is always good, and when some always skip certain properties. it is always interesting to see many differing opinions/practices, then one sees which they end up agreeing with.

- has anyone had aman hold luggage at one aman or send to next aman? especially for those who bring a lot of luggage, for example the beach luggage could be sent to beach aman if heading to dari first, as one possible example. or vice versa depending on what one is bringing.

- is aman boat transfer between kila/nusa expensive? for some reason just wondered about that.

- re amandari - do they still do annual temple ceremony at hotel in april ?
Aman can hold luggage , etcetera .
Amans can do about anything , seriously ..

We have held luggage , Aman & other shopping . For sure if Wana is involved as we did the float plane .

Boat transfer between Kila & Nusa ??
Whatever for ?

We have stayed at Kila / Nusa & detoured to Dari for lunch , etc numerous times , instead of staying
Have done 3 & 3 , 3 3 2 .. actually various combinations ..

Remember to ask Ian & team when you email them about gift cards

Last edited by FlyerEC; Mar 5, 2017 at 8:46 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
My fiance is really wondering about this "do anything" policy. Her question was "can they bring me a puppy to play with" haha Thanks all for the recommendations! We are really looking forward to this, and I am slightly afraid/excited at how addicted I become to Aman hotels. Maybe I will do 8 nights, on your suggestion. I feel like I could do all 3 hotels in 8 days. We really want to experience all 3 hotels.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:58 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
My fiance is really wondering about this "do anything" policy. Her question was "can they bring me a puppy to play with" haha Thanks all for the recommendations! We are really looking forward to this, and I am slightly afraid/excited at how addicted I become to Aman hotels. Maybe I will do 8 nights, on your suggestion. I feel like I could do all 3 hotels in 8 days. We really want to experience all 3 hotels.
Many moons ago , Puri had Sanuk & Sabai plus others , then they , of course , became cute huge dogs
Think cocktails still named after them

So puppy request am sure doable , as in Bali not Java where Jiwo is .. Will explain in email / pm later

Amans have had lots of " outrageous " requests
8 nights is good , better than 7

Have done shorter stays of 3 nights only at one Aman , sometimes even 2 at Kila & ending at Nusa

Last edited by FlyerEC; Mar 6, 2017 at 1:18 am Reason: Add info ; correct more iPad typos
Old Mar 5, 2017, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

(how have you handled shorter stays and changing hotels in the past ?)
8 can be 3+3+2 , maybe try to fly in early morning / fly out late at night

talk to ian, hes been with aman a while, FlyerEC said ernst was in past

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2017 at 10:55 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: CX DM
Doing the 3 hotels in 8 nights will work great. We have done just that (plus 3 nights at Wana in the middle of it) and it was completely smooth, we never felt rushed. Aman will make the transitions easy for you.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:57 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Just let her read this: http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/n...resort-321923/

Really everything is possible - at a cost obviously.

Congratulations on your wedding plans. I am sure that Amans in Bali will be perfect. I love all of them, with Kila as a favorite. I have, like others, great expperience in booking directly. Not sure if this is because we have been so so many Amans already, but does not hurt mailing them to ask for a special offer.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Altocumulus
Doing the 3 hotels in 8 nights will work great. We have done just that (plus 3 nights at Wana in the middle of it) and it was completely smooth, we never felt rushed. Aman will make the transitions easy for you.
Can you share what order you did this in? We have 11-12 days and would love to fit Wana / Jiwo in as well as Kila and likely Chedi Club (instead of Amandari) but feel like 4 properties is too many for that time period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.