Reload this Page >

Amanresorts Thread 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amanresorts Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:14 pm

My guess is that these Spa houses at N'oi were Lake Pavilions in former incarnations... they never dared to allocate these very unfortunate rooms, close to the spa lake. No view to speak of, many mosquitos and no pools. Privacy was also an issue with some (not all). It seems to me they added pools plus treatment rooms on an additional level so they have a bit more inventory. Makes a lot of sense actually, thinking about it. Gives them some room to play with in terms of upgrades, plus potential to sell them at a premium (rates are higher than ocean pool pavilions now). Dedicated therapists for these rooms is easy, considering close proximity to spa (possible backup for peak demand). Could sell these now to guests seeking a retreat.

Personally I'd take an ocean pool pavilion over the spa houses any day, but I salute them for turning these rooms into something beautiful. Investment made sense (despite complicated owner structure at N'oi), rooms finally put to use + another profit center possibly.

Views are far too good from other pavilions to give up on them for a steam room -- I'm just more comfortable there!
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by scented
many mosquitos [...] Privacy was also an issue with some
This is interesting. I could have been tempted but we'll stick to the ocean pool pavilion.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
This is interesting. I could have been tempted but we'll stick to the ocean pool pavilion.
I am sure Joy or Sean will show you and let you decide on property. Maybe split, if mosquitos are sorted?

Spa houses remind me a bit of new beach cabanas at Zoe. Another layer and completely different guest experience. I like this approach, quite creative.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

completely secluded with tranquil views of rolling hils, the aon spa house features an aman banya

lake across from the aman spa, the thuy lien spa house features a contemporary hammam
both spa houses have two pavilions
seems it has gone from 31 pavilions to 29. so seems two 1BR spa house each with one 'connecting'

re lowest pavilions - originally 3 lake pavilions and 2 mountain ?
thuy lien spa house could be booked with 'connecting' + (3rd) lake pavilion

resort map http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post26235056
view comparisons >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post22716165
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post22722336
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post23963823
IIRC Musken and i think some others liked the (lake) pool pavilion they received. seems 7 non-ocean pool pavilions, not all along lake.
edit >
Originally Posted by Musken
We had booked a lake view pavilion with pool and asked for number 28 which has one of the larger private pools (did not see any others, but it was large) and a central location with walking distance to the main building. It was very private and had a view to the lake and the mountains.
Originally Posted by Musken
We had requested 28 (lake view with pool) since it has one of the larger pools. Probably missed opportunity for upgrade by being so specific. What a pity! And that from someone who does not normally call herself a view-person. In particular I love the view from the bath tub. Ours had no view, just bushes outside of the bath tub window... But we did have nice sunsets over lake, I will see if I can manage to upload some pics.
re beach cabanas at zoe - dolphin sold "use of one beach cabana" and might advertise that option to zoe villa buyers.

dolphin originally planned beach cabana rooms (and beach pool and much larger main pool) at nera. they just sold nera.

hope amanzoe is sold to a good owner..

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 19, 2017 at 9:42 am
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:39 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Upcoming first time stay at kila...had planned on being there last year but had to cancel due to the SO's health...

Since there doesn't seem to be a dedicated kila thread, I'll ask here

Was curious if anyone had any insight on the garden suites...any to avoid and/or request? What's the view like..dirt, trees, obscured ocean view? I've seen the site plan and it appears both ocean and garden suites are spread all over the property

Or is it necessary to go for ocean view? Most of the talk on FT seems to be around ocean suites or higher..Was thinking of saving the difference and putting it towards an activity or two...

Last edited by Cityflyer10; Jan 27, 2017 at 12:52 pm
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:18 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Upcoming first time stay at kila...had planned on being there last year but had to cancel due to the SO's health...

Was curious if anyone had any insight on the garden suites...any to avoid and/or request? What's the view like..dirt, trees, obscured ocean view? I've seen the site plan and it appears both ocean and garden suites are spread all over the property

Or is it necessary to go for ocean view? Most of the talk on FT seems to be around ocean suites or higher..Was thinking of saving the difference and putting it towards an activity or two...
Can't comment on the Garden suites but would highly recommend using an agent. Most seem to be able to obtain an upgrade at booking; thus obviating the need for a garden suite.

FDW
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

can also negotiate direct

news >

swinton left nusa for six senses bhutan

ex aman Tracy Atherton GM at new 46 room Jackalope hotel outside Melbourne

sally, swinton, reed were among those at virtuoso vegas conference last year

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jan 30, 2017 at 9:29 am
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:59 am

Programs: some
The garden view suites are fine - you'll spend most of the time outside anyway, by the pools or on the beach. As suggesed, book Virtuoso and you may be able to get an u/g. Good luck and enjoy! I got married at Kila and it's a great great property.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:31 am
Aman Contributor Badge

For us it is most important to get one of the "end"-suites which are most private, avoiding people walking by seeing you while you are sitting outside. If you have a map, you will see which ones to ask for, by the end of a walk way. If you prefer avoiding too many stairs, do not take one of the upper ones. Views are not really that different unless you take one of the best ocean ones. View is fantastic from the main areas where you will spend most of your time, so I would not worry about it.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:46 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more

Some of the suites afford better privacy than others - use a Virtuoso agent (plenty on here) who have been to the property (again, plenty on here) or ask for more info from Amankila.

It's not 'necessary' to go for ocean view - Amankila is usually quite generous with upgrades when property is not full. If budget is of a concern, better to use it for better things in/around Amankila than for the rooms, especially if it's not a special occasion.

Also, as some mentioned, you'll be spending a LOT of time out of your room - much to do at the property and in the area. We had a Kilasari Suite (one of the signature suites) and barely spent any time in it. Almost a waste really...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:08 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Some of the suites afford better privacy than others - use a Virtuoso agent (plenty on here) who have been to the property (again, plenty on here) or ask for more info from Amankila.

It's not 'necessary' to go for ocean view - Amankila is usually quite generous with upgrades when property is not full. If budget is of a concern, better to use it for better things in/around Amankila than for the rooms, especially if it's not a special occasion.

Also, as some mentioned, you'll be spending a LOT of time out of your room - much to do at the property and in the area. We had a Kilasari Suite (one of the signature suites) and barely spent any time in it. Almost a waste really...
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
Can't comment on the Garden suites but would highly recommend using an agent. Most seem to be able to obtain an upgrade at booking; thus obviating the need for a garden suite.

FDW

Should be able to get an upgrade , unless it is over some holiday , even if liaising with Kila directly . GM Ernst L & team are helpful . He is forthcoming .
Try an Aman exclusive as a choice of activities is usually included . One can often request a change , swap or discuss what your preferences are .

The views are varied as it depends on where the suite is & privacy depends on the foliage around too . There was some pruning done so parts were more exposed earlier this month . Noticed though that some parts the bamboo , etc have matured nicely & better " screens " . The trees generally are in their natural positions though some are strategically planted with the intention to provide some / more privacy .
That being said. The walkways are such that for a few suites , the entry area privacy is somewhat compromised even if it is your only neighbour walking by .

We too are often out of our suite - on the beach , beach club , by the various pools .. & at times out on the various excursions .
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:18 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Enjoying Amanpuri changes - improvements .
Here are some ..
The fairly new tapas lounge is now a South American bar with a private dining room , thankfully air conditioned .
Also bales / cabanas on the " tiers " by the main steps to the beach .

Nama is the new name of Aoki
Old Jan 30, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Aman Shanghai is officially Amanyangyun, which means "the nourishing of clouds". Autumn 2017 open date, but from what I've heard, that's more like December.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
Aman Shanghai is officially Amanyangyun, which means "the nourishing of clouds". Autumn 2017 open date, but from what I've heard, that's more like December.
GM is Benoit Amado, ex-Disney Shanghai GM, who joins in February.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:32 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Should be able to get an upgrade , unless it is over some holiday , even if liaising with Kila directly . GM Ernst L & team are helpful . He is forthcoming .
Try an Aman exclusive as a choice of activities is usually included . One can often request a change , swap or discuss what your preferences are .

The views are varied as it depends on where the suite is & privacy depends on the foliage around too . There was some pruning done so parts were more exposed earlier this month . Noticed though that some parts the bamboo , etc have matured nicely & better " screens " . The trees generally are in their natural positions though some are strategically planted with the intention to provide some / more privacy .
That being said. The walkways are such that for a few suites , the entry area privacy is somewhat compromised even if it is your only neighbour walking by .

We too are often out of our suite - on the beach , beach club , by the various pools .. & at times out on the various excursions .
Thanks for all the opinions!

I think I will just keep the direct booking and get in touch with Ernst and team about setting up the activities while briefly discussing suite preferences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.