Search

Amanresorts Thread 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2017, 12:59 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by injian
**moderators, please move if this is not the right thread to post in**

hi folks,

im staying at amankila in late march. i would like to contact the resort ahead of time to book some scuba/snorkelling excursion plus arrange a special dinner for my wife and myself.

does anyone have a specific contact email that i can use? or is it best to email the general email posted on the website - [email protected]?
Amankila.fo@aman definitely works as it's what the emailed me from proactively asking for some additional info.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 6:53 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
They're usually quite responsive.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 8:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Have PMed info - emails , etcetera

Sorry that was to jmann2380
Will possibly PM soon
But others have given info , other threads too

QUOTE=injian;27975212]**moderators, please move if this is not the right thread to post in**

hi folks,
staying at amankila in late march. i would like to contact the resort ahead of time to book some scuba/snorkelling excursion plus arrange a special dinner for my wife and myself.

does anyone have a specific contact email that i can use? or is it best to email the general email posted on the website - [email protected]?[/QUOTE]

Last edited by FlyerEC; Mar 1, 2017 at 8:58 pm
Old Mar 3, 2017, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just checked the Amanruya calendar for 2017 and didn't find a single available date
Originally Posted by aa213bb
Finally took it upon myself to call Aman. As per Aman central reservations, Amanruya will be close the entirety of 2017.
wonder re staff and monty

for small seasonal properties, anyone ever heard re buyouts right after closing / before opening?
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri

for small seasonal properties, anyone ever heard re buyouts right after closing / before opening?
It does happen, but apparently only for 'substantial' bookings. Often seasonal staff moves on to other properties or goes on leave. Buy out must be 1 week+ or involve substantial cash flow through F&B sales or catering to make economical sense for the property (they might have to extend contracts or find some sort of agreement). I recall a big pharmaceutical company doing a buy out for meetings, which included 100,000$ of alcohol sales alone (Dom Perignon, Petrus..). Does not surprise me.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

scented, my thought was reduced staff/service

updates >

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Could be something to do with the owners (husband and wife architects who designed the resort). I heard they split up, so it could be that the resort suffered from the divorce and is now in litigation limbo?
Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
I heard from someone at Aman that the resort was losing a lot of money.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 4, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old Mar 4, 2017, 10:38 pm

scented, my thought was reduced staff/service

updates >

Ruya is closed for refurbishment .
Monty B is at N'oi for a bit awaiting new GM ' s arrival .

As I mentioned somewhere , Sean F has moved to Sri Lanka to oversee Amans there .

Ian W is still covering Jiwo before his replacement comes in .

Think I said somewhere that Mark S has moved on to oversee SS developments in Bhutan .
Old Mar 5, 2017, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I am an early 30's business owner who, until about a year ago, had never even heard of Aman. Some good success (and, of course, good luck) has put me in a position to be able to start allowing some Aman stays in my life. We have never stayed at one, but will be headed on a 35 day honeymoon and what better time to start! I will have a week in Bali, and am looking at the Dari/Kila/Nusa package. I am looking for a very good agent with significant Aman experience for my first experience. I have an additional 3 weeks (Selous, Zanzibar) I will also be looking to book, but want to secure my Aman Bali experience first. Suggestions? Or PM is fine.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Mar 5, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I am an early 30's business owner who, until about a year ago, had never even heard of Aman. Some good success (and, of course, good luck) has put me in a position to be able to start allowing some Aman stays in my life. We have never stayed at one, but will be headed on a 35 day honeymoon and what better time to start! I will have a week in Bali, and am looking at the Dari/Kila/Nusa package. I am looking for a very good agent with significant Aman experience for my first experience. I have an additional 3 weeks (Selous, Zanzibar) I will also be looking to book, but want to secure my Aman Bali experience first. Suggestions? Or PM is fine.
Congratulations !
Brilliant move on honeymoon in choosing Amans in Bali , should try other 2 too in Indonesia along with Amanpulo / others in the region .. Since you have time

But will set the bar high for future holidays

You should just email Ian W , Regional Director for Aman Indonesia , or other GMs there .
You may pm me if you like info from an Amanjunkie ( or others on here ? )

You can check other threads for TAs ..
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

definitely consider adding amanjiwo
indonesia - ian - iwhite@
amankila - ernst - eludick@
(correct?)

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Trust Ruya ' s refurbishment does wonders .
Wish I had made it couple / few years ago to appreciate the changes ..
Perhaps more boats / yachts in the fleet too Looks like we will have to wait till the next season & the .. situation " improves "
are they investing money in 5 year old resort if it is losing money? maybe seeing if they can sell a few residences now? or finally build (destination) spa? VD big on wellness. wonder if aman has some equity, or investing.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Congratulations !
Brilliant move on honeymoon in choosing Amans in Bali , should try other 2 too in Indonesia along with Amanpulo / others in the region .. Since you have time

But will set the bar high for future holidays

You should just email Ian W , Regional Director for Aman Indonesia , or other GMs there .
You may pm me if you like info from an Amanjunkie ( or others on here ? )

You can check other threads for TAs ..
Thanks. I have read most Bali threads in this subforum, and it sounds like booking through a TA allows for some additional activities or meals, as well as confirmed upgrades. Are you saying Ian W will offer same?
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:48 pm

Thanks. I have read most Bali threads in this subforum, and it sounds like booking through a TA allows for some additional activities or meals, as well as confirmed upgrades. Are you saying Ian W will offer same?
When will you be in Bali ?
You should stay at Jiwo & Wana too .

Yes , the GMs have always done better for us & friends when I email the GMs , from what I gather .
Perhaps I am Amanjunkie who also happens to alert them on " events " , FTers staying
It ' s rather OTT but some years , our stays at Amans have been monthly .

Pity there are none in Canada , will be back May / June so Amanless then .

Looking forward to Nemu in April .
Old Mar 5, 2017, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

some here get same direct, yes. aman website has Exclusives. if aman Exclusive includes breakfast, probably avoids problems some mentioned here with virtuoso breakfasts at aman and elsewhere.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Mar 5, 2017 at 7:02 pm
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:01 pm

When will you be in Bali ?
You should stay at Jiwo & Wana too .

I will be in Bali in mid-September, 2017. I only have about 7 days, and since it is our honeymoon, we just want to stay on the island. Again, as this is our very first Aman experience, so maybe Jiwo and Wana next time.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:08 pm

I will be in Bali in mid-September, 2017. I only have about 7 days, and since it is our honeymoon, we just want to stay on the island. Again, as this is our very first Aman experience, so maybe Jiwo and Wana next time.
It ' s alright & best actually to spread out the lovely things in life

Will likely be back at Kila & Nusa in July / August when it's " cooler " .

Have a wonderful time planning .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.