Search

Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.batemansbaypost.com.au/st...erpiece/?cs=34
http://www.smh.com.au/travel/holiday...627-2ozj0.html
did that article use this thread as source? published 2.5 hours ago? maybe not - "second piano nobile, which includes a library of antique books and original 300-year-old leather wall coverings" identifying location of leather
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Yes, stayed for a few days. Best in Venice without doubt. I agree, you really can't trust those travel writers can you.
Cool! Got any pics or other TR-type tidbits?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Updated pics , but still unimpressed by furniture .

http://www.amanresorts.com/amancanal...nice/home.aspx
The photographs in Aman Venice website and some in Aman Sveti Stefan appear to be quite different in style to the older pictures from the Asian Amans. The lighting is harsher and as a result pictures look more contrasty.
Personally I prefer the soft and slightly ethereal quality of the older Aman photographs.
Perhaps they have changed photographer?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by halibahs
The photographs in Aman Venice website and some in Aman Sveti Stefan appear to be quite different in style to the older pictures from the Asian Amans. The lighting is harsher and as a result pictures look more contrasty.
Personally I prefer the soft and slightly ethereal quality of the older Aman photographs.
Perhaps they have changed photographer?
Aman have a stable of photographers across the world - they tend to use different ones each time. The final photography for Aman Venice has not yet been done. Different light, though, than Asia!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:43 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Yes, stayed for a few days. Best in Venice without doubt. I agree, you really can't trust those travel writers can you.
I agree you really can't travel writers. You can read too many words from that Lynne. But you, Vuittonsofstyle get it right every time.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 7:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by MOR
I agree you really can't travel writers. You can read too many words from that Lynne. But you, Vuittonsofstyle get it right every time.
Huh ? One & the same??
Old Jun 29, 2013, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Huh ? One & the same??
Priceless
Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

http://www.luxemode.fr/escapade/1032862.html
tons of pics (many or all from aman?) linked in a comment on aman facebook
(lets you go through them all. aman site has tons now, but not all in the gallery in one place.)

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/trav...-1226670709876
HOTEL OF THE WEEK

library, where the shelves are stacked with books from Count Gilberto Arrivabene Gonzaga's original collection

small roof terrace at sunset to enjoy stunning city views; on a sunny day you can see clear to the Alps. A gym on the fourth level also has good views

flat-screen TV, docking station, a mini-bar hidden in an armoire

Venetian and Thai specialties from executive chef Lorenzo Bau

Favourite neighbourhood haunts include Trattoria Antiche Carampane, Ristorante da Fiore and Trattoria alla Madonna.

Stanza del Tiepolo, affording the best views of the Grand Canal from beneath one of the loveliest frescoed ceilings in the palazzo. The light here is at its most beautiful in the late afternoon.

private trip to the Peggy Guggenheim museum or joining Venetian food expert Maria Grazia Calo for a visit to the Rialto market followed by a cooking lesson in her home.
https://www.facebook.com/Amanresorts...tal_comments=2
Originally Posted by Lyn Middlehurst
Only [hotel of] the week? Should be the decade!! Amazing hotel.
i wonder if sveti stefan owner is connected in any way. with someone appearing in the interviews, and perhaps leases both being signed in 2007. then perhaps both being pushed back or delayed some because of economic crisis.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 30, 2013 at 9:17 pm
Old Jun 30, 2013, 3:49 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Looks really beautiful - much better than the first pictures.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 2:46 pm

I am bit puzzled. Since I managed to organize a very short hop to Venice for the weekend, I tried to arrange a dinner at the Aman on Saturday night.
I sent an email and had an immediate reply from the central Amanresort office (saying that they were addressing my request to the hotel) but then no reply from Venice until the day after (too late). I pointed out that my request was for the night before. No reply or apology.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:03 pm

I can't believe a hotel such as this wouldn't deal with its emails immediately - I certainly have replies from lesser establishments usually by return.

There is an interview by Lee Marshall with Giberto and Bianca Arrivabene in this month's CN Traveller. I don't know if it was mentioned previously but I note the Giberto is a glass designer. It's interesting that he says he couldn't previously afford to stay in Amans - hopefully now the whole family has been treated to a few stays at Aman Hotels.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hubertus
central Amanresort office
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
hotel such as this wouldn't deal with its emails immediately

he says he couldn't previously afford to stay in Amans
no 'corporate' sales offices are well regarded

"afford" is one of the most misused words, and often in this forum

what is the title of the interview? ill keep an eye out for online copy

http://archivio.panorama.it/Cnr-il-b...azzo-del-mondo

Contratti d'oro, come quello per il secentesco Palazzo Papadopoli a Venezia, di proprietà della famiglia Arrivabene-Gonzaga. È una delle più belle residenze veneziane, sul Canal Grande, e sicuramente i saloni affrescati da Giambattista Tiepolo ispirano al meglio i lavori dei ricercatori dell'Istituto di scienze marine: pazienza se l'affitto costa l'equivalente di 2 miliardi di lire l'anno.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palazzo_Papadopoli

Palazzo Papadopoli dagli inizi degli anni settanta al 2005 ospita l'Istituto di Scienze Marine
(http://www.bing.com/translator)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 1, 2013 at 9:29 pm
Old Jul 1, 2013, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Hubertus
I am bit puzzled. Since I managed to organize a very short hop to Venice for the weekend, I tried to arrange a dinner at the Aman on Saturday night.
I sent an email and had an immediate reply from the central Amanresort office (saying that they were addressing my request to the hotel) but then no reply from Venice until the day after (too late). I pointed out that my request was for the night before. No reply or apology.
Since its such a small property and fully booked, I presume they gave first priority to the guests. I would have called them when I was in town or had a concierge do so.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I can't believe a hotel such as this wouldn't deal with its emails immediately - I certainly have replies from lesser establishments usually by return.

There is an interview by Lee Marshall with Giberto and Bianca Arrivabene in this month's CN Traveller. I don't know if it was mentioned previously but I note the Giberto is a glass designer. It's interesting that he says he couldn't previously afford to stay in Amans - hopefully now the whole family has been treated to a few stays at Aman Hotels.
There is a lovely little Glass boutique within the hotel which showcases some of Giberto's designs. Also some of the glassware used in the hotel was designed by him - beautiful stuff.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by Blackbook
Since its such a small property and fully booked, I presume they gave first priority to the guests. I would have called them when I was in town or had a concierge do so.
That is not the answer I received and that, obviously, I would have understood. Anyway, I am a huge fan and long time recurrent customer of Amanresorts, this is not going to change my overall opinion on the company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.