Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aman Canal Grande, Venice, Italy

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:19 am
BLV

I was so mesmerized by the entire process and in such disbelief that this is actually happening that my otherwise natural reaction to call this out on the spot and to send the cookies back didn’t happen. We just sat there, stunned and broke out in laughter when he left. It is now part of those luxury hotel stories one acquires with years
SanDiego1K and scented like this.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
To be fair, 2019 dinner was weak but breakfast very good. So this changed.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by LM225
This sounds like a different property than the one we visited over Christmas. Pre-arrival requests were met, service was noticeably proactive, prompt when asked for, and multiple requests for flexibility with F&B were accommodated without issue.

Licinio the GM was present throughout, and even took a group of us on a walk to Piazza San Marco for a coffee, followed by a water taxi to the Guggenheim on Christmas Day (all paid for by the hotel).

Maybe they were just on their game for the holiday, but we had a great stay.

The dropped cookie debacle sounds stunning, though.
Definitely not the same property I was at - you appear to have stayed at an Aman the way they are supposed to be
Old Aug 27, 2023, 8:20 am

Just finished a 3-night stay. No complaints on our end about the service - everyone was warm, courteous, and the restaurant staff remembered our preference. We brought our small dog and they also took very good care of him.

We booked pick up services through the hotel knowing full well that it was 2x what other companies charged. It was a bit of a let down that they outsourced the service to a third party instead of using the house boat. It worked out fine, but left us wondering what the premium was for

Concierge also helped us get a private gondola that picked up directly from the hotel pier at sunset. It was good old fun.

We did rent the house boat to go island hopping and had lunch at Locanda Cipriani per recommendations from this forum. This was the highlight of our trip, I’m still thinking about the risotto

Overall a great trip and I’d definitely return.
offerendum and Pierre&Cédric like this.

Last edited by benjinito; Aug 27, 2023 at 3:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.