Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BESVISOR
FT Members who are Virtuoso Agents and listed in this and other threads

Most are also FS Preferred Partners as well as member of other luxury hotel chain travel agent groups. Contact them via PM or email from here. You may also want to search your choice in this thread or in the forum to see what comments have been made.

ABG
ajinlondon
Alexisonsmith
Antepali
aschulke
Ashleigho
BESVISOR
bocastephen
challett
DavidO
ddavault
ellencraig
imvalo
JanePond
JessicaO
KimberlyH
LindaTerrill
luxtrvlwrks
luxury
Luxetravels
MarshKing
pricesquire
sarahlee
stef9152
TravelConcierge
Travel K
traveldesigner

(list linked here)

There are some others who are not FT members who are mentioned by name in this thread.
Print Wikipost

seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:34 am

ok thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver
Hello all - Alyssa Schulke here - My good client referred to me towards the top of this string. I am currently taking new business and am happy to help with any Virtuoso/luxury hotel bookings. I do not have minimums for these bookings.

I am affiliated with Travel Experts, a top five Virtuoso agency based on volume. That affiliation makes me a member of FS Preferred Partner, Ritz STARS, Orient Express Bellini, and many more elite supplier groups that provide additional amenities.

In addition to luxury hotel bookings, other specialties of mine include:
- Customized travel itineraries for group and independent leisure travel
- Off the beaten path expeditions focusing on wildlife and cultural experiences
- Villa rentals for multi-generational travel or groups

I also support a number of small/medium sized businesses and non-profits in their travel needs – from negotiating hotel contracts to supporting business meetings and creating incentive trips.

Thanks so much and glad to be of service for your travel needs! Alyssa
www.schulketravel.com
651-330-2727
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:35 pm

I'll apologize in advance for hijacking this thread a little...

How long is it appropriate to wait for a response from an agent that I contacted about a Virtuoso booking before moving on to find another one? It's been 2 weeks since I left my first voicemail and I sent emails both 10 days ago and then a follow-up email 2 days ago and I have not heard a word back. This is not an agent I have ever booked with before but is occasionally recommended here. He priced a Las Vegas weekend trip for us that we wound up not doing, but I don't he was offended by that...

All I'm looking for is a fairly basic booking (of course there are one or two wrinkles) at the Fairmont Kea Lani for a week. How much effort should I put into this?

Thanks
Old Mar 3, 2013, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by azlotus
How long is it appropriate to wait for a response from an agent that I contacted about a Virtuoso booking before moving on to find another one? It's been 2 weeks since I left my first voicemail and I sent emails both 10 days ago and then a follow-up email 2 days ago and I have not heard a word back.
You left a VM, waited 4 days then sent an email, waited 8 days and sent another email. 2 days later still no response. I would say that this agent does not want your business. At the same time, if indeed he didn't want your business I feel he should have told you so after your initial VM rather than have you waste your time with follow-ups.

Last edited by janehoya; Mar 3, 2013 at 8:30 pm
Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
If any business, that's open for business doesn't get back to you within 48hrs or sooner,then go elsewhere.

DavidO is the best agent period(!) that I've used and would highly recommend.
Though he probably thinks I've died or something as I've been using SPG a lot lately for status and convenience.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 7:02 am

Considering it's a ~$5,000 booking (next week shows ~$600 per night), the agent clearly actively doesn't want your business or is just inept at forming a working relationship with a client. I'd book elsewhere.

Also, I agree with Earthman, 48 hours, 72 if it's a particularly busy time of year is the max turnaround time for an email for any business I interact with.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by Earthman
If any business, that's open for business doesn't get back to you within 48hrs or sooner,then go elsewhere.

DavidO is the best agent period(!) that I've used and would highly recommend.
I have the same 48 hour rule you do.

We've used DavidO for several years, and I've never had to wait more than a few hours for a response, and that includes several very modest bookings we've asked him to make. He is great!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:15 pm

Slightly off the topic again but...

Since Virtuoso TAs can arrange for AMEX FHR bookings as well, what are the advantages
of having your TA book the rooms rather than booking them yourself online?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:22 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by shingu79
Slightly off the topic again but...

Since Virtuoso TAs can arrange for AMEX FHR bookings as well, what are the advantages
of having your TA book the rooms rather than booking them yourself online?
Actually, *any* TA can book through American Express agency services... but to respond directly to your question:

(1) Your TA can follow up on your behalf with a phone call or email to the sales manager of the hotel to VIP your stay, flag your reservation for an upgrade, and convey any of your standard requests to the hotel.

(2) It saves you the hassle of dealing with FHR's website or phone system.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO
Actually, *any* TA can book through American Express agency services... but to respond directly to your question:

(1) Your TA can follow up on your behalf with a phone call or email to the sales manager of the hotel to VIP your stay, flag your reservation for an upgrade, and convey any of your standard requests to the hotel.

(2) It saves you the hassle of dealing with FHR's website or phone system.
When a TA books through FHR or LHW does this have any effect on commission for the hotel or for the agent?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
When a TA books through FHR or LHW does this have any effect on commission for the hotel or for the agent?
With FHR, if you book directly through FHR, the hotel pays commission to Amex. If your TA books through FHR, the hotel pays commission to the TA.

With LHW, if your agent makes the booking, the hotel pays a commission to the TA. I don't know what the arrangement LHW has with hotels for direct guest bookings.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 1:00 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a friendly reminder that in this thread, we're happy to have substantive comments as well as a single post by any Virtuoso agent who wishes to offer their services, but rule out posts that contain nothing material other than +1's for already mentioned agents.

Thanks,

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you cant get similar benefits by booking direct..
(didnt you say this before, if you cant get similar benefits, then use a TA?)
(personally all i care about is when there are potential upgrades that are valuable)

you do not like using TA/etc. others dont like talking to management, or even hotel (and only book online)
preferences vary, those are just some examples
but if you book through LHW or R&C they take a cut (ah some LHW no longer pay 10%)

Originally Posted by behuman
hoteliers still care
self important agents
what reason and with what justification
referral spend - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post19524254
if a hotel didnt get any benefit, they wouldnt do it. like those quitting LHW.
although not sure about management company vs owner etc.

Originally Posted by behuman
agents will disagree, but in many cases a traveler's best friend is loyalty to a brand and the internet with sites like FT
agents here recognize the quality of this forum, thats why theyre here, mainly to keep up to date
only those who are "one time posters" are here solely for gaining clients
at least 3 agents here have said at one time that they were not taking new clients at that time (in past)
this specific thread is asking about specific agents and first hand experience
there are not many agents on the forum, a number of posters use agents who are not on forum

re brand loyalty, are you forgetting hotels created their own TA programs? (not 3rd party virtuoso etc)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-programs.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Apr 21, 2013 at 11:06 am
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:20 am

Programs: Ensemble, Virtuoso, FSPP & RC STARS TA
Hi...I'm just jumping into FlyerTalk and I saw this posting (I know its old but as I said I'm a newbie...) I work at an amazing Virtuoso Agency and its my pleasure to extend any discounts/special offers I can. We often get great amenities including free breakfast for 2 daily at luxury hotels as well as other great offers. Feel free to contact me. Thx.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:55 am

I prefer booking directly at hotels and resorts where I am a regular and can negotiate preferential rates and/or substantial upgrades by myself. I often do this directly through management or another employee with whom I have a good rapport, and this always ensures highly perosnalised service with close attention to my preferences in my profile from past stays.

Unfortunately at the majority hotels and resorts this type of negotiation is simply not possible (at least for me), or management and/or the reservations department is not helpful or even unpleasant. In these cases working with an agent can be invaluable. In many cases one cannot get anything close to the same rates, upgrades, or other benefits without an agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.