Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BESVISOR
FT Members who are Virtuoso Agents and listed in this and other threads

Most are also FS Preferred Partners as well as member of other luxury hotel chain travel agent groups. Contact them via PM or email from here. You may also want to search your choice in this thread or in the forum to see what comments have been made.

ABG
ajinlondon
Alexisonsmith
Antepali
aschulke
Ashleigho
BESVISOR
bocastephen
challett
DavidO
ddavault
ellencraig
imvalo
JanePond
JessicaO
KimberlyH
LindaTerrill
luxtrvlwrks
luxury
Luxetravels
MarshKing
pricesquire
sarahlee
stef9152
TravelConcierge
Travel K
traveldesigner

(list linked here)

There are some others who are not FT members who are mentioned by name in this thread.
Print Wikipost

seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I prefer booking directly at hotels and resorts where I am a regular and can negotiate preferential rates and/or substantial upgrades by myself. I often do this directly through management or another employee with whom I have a good rapport, and this always ensures highly perosnalised service with close attention to my preferences in my profile from past stays.

Unfortunately at the majority hotels and resorts this type of negotiation is simply not possible (at least for me), or management and/or the reservations department is not helpful or even unpleasant. In these cases working with an agent can be invaluable. In many cases one cannot get anything close to the same rates, upgrades, or other benefits without an agent.
We've used DavidO when booking at a particular resort in the US. The first time, no upgrade. The second time, we received a double upgrade. The third time, we received an upgrade to a suite that was six grades (by price) above the room that we booked. While I'd like to believe that the hotel provided such a generous upgrade due to the fact that we visit it every 18 months and it was our son's birthday, it is more probable that we treated so well due to DavidO's standing with the particular resort. Obviously, YMMV, but as far as we are concerned, booking through DavidO is a no-brainer for us.

Note: we've booked with DavidO at other hotels, and have received no upgrade at all in some instances, and in others an upgrade to the next level of room. So it obviously depends on availability and each individual hotel's policy, but even when we've received no upgrade we've always appreciated the included breakfast and credit included in our virtuoso booking.

Last edited by janehoya; Apr 20, 2013 at 1:39 pm
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:42 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by janehoya
Note: we've booked with DavidO at other hotels, and have received no upgrade
That is interesting. Guess that's why they have that disclaimer "subject to availability".
Old Apr 21, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by spizzy
That is interesting. Guess that's why they have that disclaimer "subject to availability".
I often donīt get upgrades, especially if I practical always book a suite
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: Ensemble, Virtuoso, FSPP & RC STARS TA
Hi - some hotels now are able to secure upgrades upon time of booking. Others its based on time at arrival based on availability. I always try to tag my clients as VIP and follow up to do whatever I can for them - whether its Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partners...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

OK, surely the OP must have enough recommendations by now and the same is true for any other readers of the thread. So I am going to keep the thread closed.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Apr 23, 2013 at 8:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.