Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2013, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BESVISOR
FT Members who are Virtuoso Agents and listed in this and other threads

Most are also FS Preferred Partners as well as member of other luxury hotel chain travel agent groups. Contact them via PM or email from here. You may also want to search your choice in this thread or in the forum to see what comments have been made.

ABG
ajinlondon
Alexisonsmith
Antepali
aschulke
Ashleigho
BESVISOR
bocastephen
challett
DavidO
ddavault
ellencraig
imvalo
JanePond
JessicaO
KimberlyH
LindaTerrill
luxtrvlwrks
luxury
Luxetravels
MarshKing
pricesquire
sarahlee
stef9152
TravelConcierge
Travel K
traveldesigner

(list linked here)

There are some others who are not FT members who are mentioned by name in this thread.
Print Wikipost

seeking Virtuoso travel agent recommendations (with Wiki)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Naomi Childs was my TA for years and she is affiliated with Protravel in Beverly Hills. She was the best travel agent I have ever known. Unfortunately, she is now quite ill. Big ^^to Naomi Childs. She was the master of the upgraded room and the impossible to get reservation. Moreover, a very dignified, elegant lady. She loves traveling as much as she loves planning travel.
sounds like a class act.
impossible reservations - sounds like she wasnt one to give up either.

Originally Posted by obscure2k
I have complete confidence in this Virtuoso Agency.
http://www.protravelinc.com/ My agent is Naomi Childs and she is the quintessential travel agent. She has been in this business for 40 years; is well-traveled, very honorable and takes extraordinary care of her clients. Although you pay a fee, it is well worth it. This is travel professionalism at its very best. This is not a TA looking for freebie travel for herself. This is a TA who will fax hotels all over the world looking for the best upgrades and amenities for her clients. She knows the back alley shopping for beads in Morocco as well as fine jewelry in Greece. She and her agency have contacts all over the world. I trust her and her agency implicitly. I am a savvy traveler. When I travel to Vce or Rome and stay in my favorite little hotel I make my own arrangements. Anything more complicated, I count on Naomi to be on top of everything. She gets me good rates, upgrades, and best of all she contacts me if there are schedule changes. Someone recently inquired about a first time trip to Greece as a honeymoon. Naomi is the one who could put the perfect holiday together. Moreover, she will be accountable if any snafus.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
sounds like a class act.
impossible reservations - sounds like she wasnt one to give up either.
Curious...in Obscure's original post about Protravel there was mention of a "fee" for service. I have never paid a fee, as I understand they are compensated by commission-only.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:32 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by trojanman
Curious...in Obscure's original post about Protravel there was mention of a "fee" for service. I have never paid a fee, as I understand they are compensated by commission-only.
Naomi charged a fee for airline ticketing. Never a fee for service.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 1:41 pm

Good Day JNelson113,

My name is Ashleigh and I would be happy to assist. I am a travel agent with The Travel Network. We are a Virtuoso travel agency, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/...-program.6088/ , a Ritz Carlton Stars Agency, and are members of Ensemble Travel Group. I am happy to assist with any bookings, big or small.

Please feel free to contact me with any inquiries at [email protected]

You can also check out our website: www.thetravelnetwork.com

Thanks and have a great day!
Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ashleigho
Virtuoso travel agency, Four Seasons Preferred Partner...Ritz Carlton Stars Agency, and are members of Ensemble
i guess it was signature i was talking to who said their agencies can NOT be part of virtuoso/etc (exclusivity)
seems signature also recently pulled their hotel directory from being publicly searchable

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
FSPP / virtuoso on this forum (in FSPP thread) - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...l#post11707310
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Hope this question is OK here.

I have picked a Ritz Carlton hotel, and I know their rate posted on their website and the AAA rate. Breakfast is less than the difference of the two rates. I don't care about an upgrade - I've been to this resort twice this year, and don't care about the better view. Would you bother asking a Virtuoso agent for their rate? (I need four rooms, four nights each, and the rooms are more than $500 a night.). I just don't want to waste anyone's time. Thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:35 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

For four rooms, it would be tempting to call reservations at the hotel directly and ask what they can do for you. Booked directly, they save a commission so might be willing to bargain if they thought it would swing the business.

If they just offer you rack, then what do you lose by contacting a RC Stars (or whatever they're called) agent? Makes someone a bit of money at no expense to you.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If a travel agent isn't willing to take a five minute phone call to check rates on the computer on a potential 4 X 4 X $500 = $8000 straightforward hotel booking, I don't know what to say.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 9:05 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Virtuoso rates at Ritz-Carlton are equal to the best available flexible rate. Any Virtuoso TA would be happy to help with this kind of booking - 16 room nights at > $500 night is definitely not wasting anyone's time!

Originally Posted by Fontaine

I have picked a Ritz Carlton hotel, and I know their rate posted on their website and the AAA rate. Breakfast is less than the difference of the two rates. I don't care about an upgrade - I've been to this resort twice this year, and don't care about the better view. Would you bother asking a Virtuoso agent for their rate? (I need four rooms, four nights each, and the rooms are more than $500 a night.). I just don't want to waste anyone's time. Thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:34 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by Fontaine

I have picked a Ritz Carlton hotel, and I know their rate posted on their website and the AAA rate. Breakfast is less than the difference of the two rates..
Don't forget there is always one extra perk..... depending on your hotel of choice. Club Access, $100 F&B credit, spa credits etc. The math might add up better.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, DL PLT, HH DIA, IHG PLT, Hertz PLT, Bonvoy GLD, Avis Pres Club
You might also try some of the Marriott / RC discount codes publicly posted here on FT. You may or may not be entitled to use some of them, so caveat emptor.

I have found particular success in using codes for companies that have large offices or headquarters nearby, but almost never have success at resort properties. Never been asked for a business card or corporate ID, FWIW.

Please, save the flaming. I get enough of that on the AA board. I know I'm a bad person and I'm setting a bad example.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 2:55 pm

I'd be more than happy to help whover is interested!

http://www.bastastravelconsultants.com/

Konstantinos Bastas

BASTAS TRAVEL CONSULTANTS
40 east 94 street, suite 17E
New York, NY 10128
Tel. 212.203.0397 /Fax 888.302.3836

[email protected]
www.bastastravelconsultants.com

Bastas Travel Consultants is an affiliate of The Travel Society, a VirtuosoŽ Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 5:57 am

Luxury travel agency

Dear all,

I am looking for luxury travel agencies, particularly for Vienna if anyone knows anything. Any ideas?

Feel free to move my post to another thread, I couldnt find a more suitable one

Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 6:53 am

Doo you just need a TA who specializes in Austria or the area or the Hapsburgs? I can't remember which mag it is, but either CN Traveler or T&L runs a yearly guide to agencies and personnel versed in different travel aspects, some of whom charge a fee for a personalized service. Might start with that article, and hopefully someone will know which mag it is, but with Google, it shouldn't be hard to track down.

OTOH, over on the USAIR forum on FT, many members use a particular agent, David O who seems to be able to set up flyers with special travel needs. He is a member of the Virtuoso agency group.

I hope this helps you head in the right direction and soon you will be dining on Sacher Torte.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:22 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The list you refer to is annually published in Conde Nast Traveller. They have stated (on a Flyertalk thread in another forum) that it is an unbiased list; i.e., no one buys their way on to the list.

The agents typically referred to here in this forum, particularly for hotel bookings, are Virtuoso or Four Seasons Preferred Partner agents. There is already a recent thread on this topic and I am going to merge this one into it.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.