Best hotel in Amsterdam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
Just finished a short stay at Okura, LHW.

Enjoyed our stay in an Emerald suite.
I concur - very high service level for Amsterdam and excellent value. Also has a very good breakfast with many Asian options. The locations might not be suitable for some - but I like being in the Pijp (aka the Brooklyn of Amsterdam).
Old Aug 9, 2016, 6:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

There's a tram right in front of the hotel.... and it's also an easy walk to the centre :-).
Old Aug 9, 2016, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Restaurants at Okura looks great. Checked prices for an upcomming stay and suites started at 1050,00 €. That´s ambitious for a 60 sqm suite with the given decor. 1500 € for the Emerald Suite is also very ambitious, judging from pictures it´s fine but far away from the best suites I stayed in. Can´t imagain to pay the price tag.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by uggboy
Please go ahead and post a more detailed review on FT of your stay, I would be interested among others in your views and experiences at this luxury hotel.
I will try to do next weekend.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Restaurants at Okura looks great. Checked prices for an upcomming stay and suites started at 1050,00 €. That´s ambitious for a 60 sqm suite with the given decor. 1500 € for the Emerald Suite is also very ambitious, judging from pictures it´s fine but far away from the best suites I stayed in. Can´t imagain to pay the price tag.
Entry level rooms at Okura are cheaper IIRC than similar rooms at Amstel. But I do agree about the price tags for the suites. However, I booked a Jr Suite but was kindly upgraded (Leader's Club member and returning guest - my husband previously stayed at Okura for business although only 1 night).
Old Aug 10, 2016, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
Entry level rooms at Okura are cheaper IIRC than similar rooms at Amstel. But I do agree about the price tags for the suites. However, I booked a Jr Suite but was kindly upgraded (Leader's Club member and returning guest - my husband previously stayed at Okura for business although only 1 night).
Paying $150 for Leaders Club benefits pays off very quickly at this property.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by erik123
Paying $150 for Leaders Club benefits pays off very quickly at this property.
IF you get the uprgade
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:48 am

IF you get the uprgade
Breakfast is Eu32.50 so if you stay a few days (especially if with a family) it pays off very quickly.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:28 pm
Suspended

I must be in the minority. While I like the Okura, it's a bit too business-oriented for me. And while I actually don't mind the location, per se, it's not great for walkability towards most of the things I do in AMS.

The best part of Okura? The Michelin star Yamazato in the lobby

Worth noting: any Virtuoso agent on here could likely negotiate 'Virtuoso-like benefits' at this property via their LHW rep. It's not ALL about LHW membership.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 2:53 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by pricesquire
While I like the Okura, it's a bit too business-oriented for me. And while I actually don't mind the location, per se, it's not great for walkability towards most of the things I do in AMS.
I used to attend an annual congress at the RAI in Amsterdam. The Okura was the best place to stay within walking distance. I liked its canal location. Otherwise, I considered it out of the way of the core of Amsterdam. I prefer the location of the Amstel Intercontinental as it is so easy to get around the heart of the city. I also like its outdoor restaurant where you can watch the canal traffic.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have a discussion with my girlfriend at the moment. She thinks Amstel is stale. After hours of discussion I offered to book Conservatory. We will see
Old Aug 12, 2016, 2:19 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Your girlfriend is right. But isn't she always :-).
Old Aug 12, 2016, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTW1
But isn't she always :-).
Come on. First tried to sell me a NH
Old Aug 12, 2016, 9:05 am

Have a discussion with my girlfriend at the moment. She thinks Amstel is stale. After hours of discussion I offered to book Conservatory. We will see
One of the best, no doubt, in a fantastic location. The only issue is that it can be a bit too trendy for its own good.

Waitress: "Should I explain our breakfast concept?" Me: "No. Coffee, eggs and toast please."
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Checking in to a Royal Duplex at the Conservatorium tomorrow afternoon. Will report back!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by batmandds
Checking in to a Royal Duplex at the Conservatorium tomorrow afternoon. Will report back!
Let us know!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.