Best hotel in Amsterdam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Announcements are cheap. Most never materialize or take a lot longer....
Old Jun 5, 2015, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by RTW1
I agree the Art'otel is a nice place.... but it has no place in this thread.
+1.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Best hotel for train station prox. is NOT a luxury hotel [therefore not applicable to this forum], but it's quite obviously the DoubleTree....which is spitting distance from the station. So short a walk that cabs refuse to take you from A to B.
+1.

I would also consider the Amrath. Not luxury, but easily in the local "5 star" category, and much better than some. Huge rooms, excellent beds, FREE MINI-BAR, indoor swimming pool.

Dieuwer's list of other options is pretty good. The Renaissance is very close to Centraal, and I find it very pleasant.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Hi friends- quick question about luxury hotels in AMS. With 2 adults and 2 kids for 4 nights, Conservatorium can put us all in a one-bedroom suite and Andaz can put us in 2 connecting rooms. I can use Hyatt points at Andaz for one of the rooms but 4th night free Citi Prestige benefit at Conservatorium. Thoughts on where you would stay?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:55 pm
Suspended

I prefer the Andaz location on the Prinsengracht but I think the Conservatorium is the better hotel by a mile.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:56 pm

If budget is not a concern, I'd happily take the Conservatorium suite. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I prefer the Andaz location on the Prinsengracht but I think the Conservatorium is the better hotel by a mile.
Agree completely....but I do like the Andaz :-).
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: AC SE MM, too many others
Conservatorium. If you want to be on the Prinsengracht (or close to it), the Dylan, but rooms are tight there.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Thanks everyone for all of the advice- it's greatly appreciated!
Old Aug 8, 2016, 1:37 pm

Okura

Just finished a short stay at Okura, LHW.

Enjoyed our stay in an Emerald suite. 3 Michelin starred restaurants on site, the Japanese teppanyaki Sazanka is fab. Rooms and suites are slightly dated/old-fashioned but not in a bothersome way. Everything has been very well maintained and regularly updated with mod cons (automated curtains, Toto toilet, flatscreen in the bathroom, ...). I can certainly recommend this hotel.

If anybody is interested I can post a more detailed review.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We just had a nice stay at De L'Europe - spur of the moment since we were delayed in Newark and missed our AMS connection to Tanzania, and literally booked mid flight through Amex. Location was great, room was fine. Only complaint - concierge was swamped and there was a wait to speak to him. We also utilized the car service and it was fine, very sleek Mercedes.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Will stay at the Amstel again this year. Have a weekend certificate to burn and with it itīs unbeatable value. Still like the old charme.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by offerendum
Will stay at the Amstel again this year. Have a weekend certificate to burn and with it itīs unbeatable value. Still like the old charme.
Amstel is also good for last minute reward nights. This is probably because, as it is so small, they know when they will hit 95% occupancy and are happy to open up extra reward space as IHG will be paying full price for it.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Raffles
Amstel is also good for last minute reward nights. This is probably because, as it is so small, they know when they will hit 95% occupancy and are happy to open up extra reward space as IHG will be paying full price for it.
Stayed always on reward nights when I was a RA. Always a nice suite including breakfast for free
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:12 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Epicura
Just finished a short stay at Okura, LHW.

Enjoyed our stay in an Emerald suite. 3 Michelin starred restaurants on site, the Japanese teppanyaki Sazanka is fab. Rooms and suites are slightly dated/old-fashioned but not in a bothersome way. Everything has been very well maintained and regularly updated with mod cons (automated curtains, Toto toilet, flatscreen in the bathroom, ...). I can certainly recommend this hotel.

If anybody is interested I can post a more detailed review.
Thanks Epicura for your update and I'm happy to learn that you've enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Okura Amsterdam.

Please go ahead and post a more detailed review on FT of your stay, I would be interested among others in your views and experiences at this luxury hotel.

Cheers & Safe Travels.
^

Last edited by uggboy; Aug 9, 2016 at 4:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.