Best hotel in Amsterdam?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best hotel in Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
When I stayed it was still the Librije's Zusje and I found it good. Only the desserts were a little bit "experimentally".
Here is my report from 2016:
Trip report: Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
Spectrum seems similar, with a tasting menu and vegetarian tasting menu. Tasting | Spectrum | Modern European Restaurant in Amsterdam, Netherlands (restaurantspectrum.com) Prices have risen to €240/230. Room rates have certainly risen - a junior suite without canal view is a bit above €2,000/night for the HHonors rate (although we managed to get some amenities with that). We've requested a larger version of the room in preference to be upgraded to a canal view.

Based on posts here and elsewhere, the WA seems better than the Conservatorium, although that may be somewhat less expensive.
offerendum likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 12:09 am

We stayed at the Andaz Amsterdam for and it was in a great location and only 21k Hyatt points at off-peak times. Hotel is beautiful and located in a central area (walkable to Anne Frank House, Red Light District, and the Restaurant Alley where The Pantry is). They give you a free beer upon checkin and have a genever tasting as well!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Patrick Ding
We stayed at the Andaz Amsterdam for and it was in a great location and only 21k Hyatt points at off-peak times. Hotel is beautiful and located in a central area (walkable to Anne Frank House, Red Light District, and the Restaurant Alley where The Pantry is). They give you a free beer upon checkin and have a genever tasting as well!
It's a nice chain hotel but nothing near a luxury hotel. I would have a hard time saying it's the best hotel in Amsterdam.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 9:05 am

The large rooms at Soho House might work for the younger crowd.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I really enjoyed a recent stay at the Pulitzer, I guess it's sort of a large boutique property but we found it charming, well located and with good service. The WA was priced around 50-100% more. Can't say if it would have been worth it or not.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 2:32 pm

We had a very nice stay in the WA AMS. We had a junior suite which was fine. The staff were eager to please, to the point I got more than one call from guest services asking what they might do. Very helpful and polite doormen and concierge. Good location. Space available upgrade was not available, probably because the hotel was sold out when we arrived. https://www.hilton.com/im/en/AMSWAWA...&rw=713&rh=427 Our room looked bigger than the picture.

There were, however, some annoying issues. They had pump bottle toiletries rather than individual soap and a small shampoo bottle. We requested a blanket and sheet. The put the sheet over the blanket, which is the reverse of what we wanted. We reversed back, the next day a guest services person came by to check, then the last day they got it wrong again. On arrival, we were given a card noting complimentary breakfast and a F&B credit, both without qualification. Fortunately I asked about room service breakfast, because that was not included (breakfast was very good). At check-out they said the F&B credit did not apply to their Michelin starred restaurant. After a discussion, they very grudgingly agreed to apply the credit. They really should have told us at check-in.

The food at the restaurant was very tasty and most service was great, but again there were annoyances. We had a ten course tasting menu. An hour and five courses in they asked repeatedly if the pace was good for us. We said yes, The next three courses took an hour, then the final two another hour. At the start we asked to substitute the dessert and they said of course. They then brought the wrong dessert. After we finished, a waiter stopped us at the elevator to give us an envelope with some seeds and a long explanation.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, but could have been better.
offerendum likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
We had a very nice stay in the WA AMS. We had a junior suite which was fine. The staff were eager to please, to the point I got more than one call from guest services asking what they might do. Very helpful and polite doormen and concierge. Good location. Space available upgrade was not available, probably because the hotel was sold out when we arrived. https://www.hilton.com/im/en/AMSWAWA...&rw=713&rh=427 Our room looked bigger than the picture.

There were, however, some annoying issues. They had pump bottle toiletries rather than individual soap and a small shampoo bottle. We requested a blanket and sheet. The put the sheet over the blanket, which is the reverse of what we wanted. We reversed back, the next day a guest services person came by to check, then the last day they got it wrong again. On arrival, we were given a card noting complimentary breakfast and a F&B credit, both without qualification. Fortunately I asked about room service breakfast, because that was not included (breakfast was very good). At check-out they said the F&B credit did not apply to their Michelin starred restaurant. After a discussion, they very grudgingly agreed to apply the credit. They really should have told us at check-in.

Overall, it was a lovely stay, but could have been better.
Most hotels are going to the eco-friendly big bottles now. I believe the new Rosewood will also have these.
offerendum and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Most hotels are going to the eco-friendly big bottles now. I believe the new Rosewood will also have these.
Our view of the WA AMS in general may have been swayed by staying in the MO Madrid immediately before. The MO had big bottles, but also individual items.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by richarddd
Our view of the WA AMS in general may have been swayed by staying in the MO Madrid immediately before. The MO had big bottles, but also individual items.
Could not request individual sized toiletries?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Could not request individual sized toiletries?
I didn't. I probably should have, but I carry my own just in case, so we used those.

The MO Madrid was generally more polished than the WA AMS, not just toiletries.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 9:14 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by david22
I just posted a detailed review of Hotel TwentySeven! A strong thumbs up from me :-)

The hard product in particular is some of the best I've seen and the service didn't disappoint either.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/expe...entyseven.html
I had another lovely 5 night stay at Hotel TwentySeven Amsterdam! Top notch hard product and great service.

This time I booked the 2br / 2.5ba "Rooftop Loft" suite. An excellent 115 m^2 space for entertaining. Since one bedroom / one bathroom are up a spiral staircase, this wouldn't be appropriate for anyone who has mobility issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.