Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE
Not sure why anyone will like or recommend the Raffles. I asked my travel agent to arrange a tour of the hotel recently and it's literally like a furnace. Other than the main lobby and restaurants, and the rooms of course, everywhere else within the hotel is open space without air conditioning, and it's hot, hot, hot, especially under the scorching, unforgiving afternoon sun in Singapore's hot humid weather where temperature can reach 37 DegC. One must really enjoy the sun or sweating to stay in this hotel.

The rooms while nicely appointed, are nothing special. There is no view at all. The renovation has introduced a strange mix of colonial style decor with modern contemporary eateries. Overall, I left unimpressed and will definitely give this place a miss.
I am really conflicted as well.. there are so many negatives about this hotel but a lot of people talk about it with so much reverence and consider it an icon... can’t really get a hang of it...
Old Nov 6, 2019, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Just booked RC Millennia again, have had nothing but good experiences with this hotel. Will stick with them until they give me a reason not to.
FlyerEC and BENLEE like this.
Old Nov 13, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Saurabh Batra
Has anyone stayed at the newly refurbished Raffles? How would you compare it to other Luxury Options?

I am staying at Ritz for 8 nights with my wife and 2 kids and then want to switch to Raffles State Room Suite for 4 nights or Premiere Suite at JW Marriott...

I am a little concerned that suites at Raffles have no view/windows at all... won’t they feel stuffy and depressing? whereas the Suite at JW has lovely views and is very spacious.

On the other hand it seems F&B at Raffles would be much better than JW.

Can I go to Raffles for Breakfast even if I am not staying there?
I have stayed at both JW and Raffles.
JW : Premier Marina Bay View Suite
Raffles : Palm Court Suite.

View, definitely JW win here especially if you have the Marina Bay view rooms
Raffles window are small and you cant really see anything from it.

The suite I stayed in JW is a bit larger than Raffles one.
The suites at Raffles, pretty much similar in size (except their specialty suites) the only difference in their location in the building.

Service wise, Raffles wins hands down. I only have Gold status at Accor (Raffles) and I have Ambassador status at Bonvoy (JW Marriott)
I find that Raffles butler, the one handle my stays are very proactive and prompt in addressing any issues and request.
JW cant really compete in this area as they don't have butler service to start with.

Room wise, JW rooms is a little bit tired while Raffles is just reopens. Again not really fair comparison.

Return visit, personally I will return to Raffles. In fact I have another stays booked on December.
As for JW, unfortunately I prefer to go to my usual St Regis Sg (for Marriott affiliated properties) instead.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Stayed one night in Four Seasons Singapore. While I can see the location could have issues for some people we had a very pleasant stay. This was an Amex booking, got all the perks promised expect an upgrade. We booked a 1 bedroom suite so there is not a lot to upgrade to I guess. Room was nice and comfortable. Had room service dinner which was fast, efficient and very tasty. Especially the duck offered was very good. Breakfast downstairs was good though the cook did mess up our eggs a little bit. Overall a pleasant stay, good service and very happy with the experience. I was travelling with wife and a five year old.

Last stay in Singapore was at MO which the FS beat in every way except location.

Next trip will be staying at RC.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Which hotel is likely most flexible with late check out to accommodate a midnight departure?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Raffles charged me half a night so I could check out at 10pm for my flight at midnight.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Which hotel is likely most flexible with late check out to accommodate a midnight departure?
Suites at the Kempinski Singapore come with a "24 hour stay," if you're OK to time your check in accordingly.

Last week I did one night there and it was pretty awesome. IMO one of the better hotels in the city (except that the pool is really small: relaxation and wading only, no swimming, the hotel rooms have no view (due to the old heritage building), and executive lounge evening canapes very below par). Personalised, intimate service makes up for it though, best I've ever had.

Kempinski Singapore Staycaytion Review (Terrace Room with Discovery Black)

SojournsOf likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
According to the documentary on Channel 5, they measure all the lawn to check that each blade is inch perfect, and they sweep the gravel front drive every minute to keep it tidy. Over half the guests are repeat bookings.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:14 pm

Has anyone tried (or at least visited) the different suites categories at the Raffles?
There are very few pictures available on their website and no floor plan. Especially for their 3 new categories.
Studio suites are the cheapest due to their small size, but they are located in the main building and it seems they enjoy a private verandah. Is it a good choice? Promenade suites look very nice but no verandah (?). The 2-bedroom residence suite is surprisingly cheap compared to the 2-bedroom grand hotel suite even if they are the same size. Totally lost here and would appreciate advice. Thanks 😊

Last edited by Pierre&Cédric; May 25, 2020 at 10:53 pm
Old May 25, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Does anybody know whether the tub in the RC Millenia Premier Suite is actually any different from the tub in the entry-level deluxe room? I gather the view is different, but the size/style?
Old Jul 26, 2020, 12:31 pm

First trip to Singapore. Only staying one night In between flights. Which luxury hotel would you reccomend for location to airport, great views and a quiet room?

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:08 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by off2rome
First trip to Singapore. Only staying one night In between flights. Which luxury hotel would you reccomend for location to airport, great views and a quiet room?

Thanks!

The RC for your criteria of location to airport , great views and a quiet room

When is your trip ?!! There is a 14 days quarantine with no choice of hotel for the “ foreseeable “ future ..
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
The RC for your criteria of location to airport , great views and a quiet room

When is your trip ?!! There is a 14 days quarantine with no choice of hotel for the “ foreseeable “ future ..
early planning for next summer.
Old Feb 28, 2021, 2:47 am

Does anyone have (or know a source of) guest review photos of the Capella Manor (the Manor is like a villa, above their penthouse/suite) at Capella Club Residences Singapore ?

I can only find some pics on their website. Am curious if there is a review of it somewhere on the net (I have googled everywhere with no success). Specifically the Capella Manor. I managed to find pics and even video of their two smaller Manors (the Contemporary and the Colonial Manor).

Much obliged
Old Mar 1, 2021, 11:27 am
jbb

Programs: SQ *Gold
Originally Posted by Pierre&Cédric
Has anyone tried (or at least visited) the different suites categories at the Raffles?
There are very few pictures available on their website and no floor plan. Especially for their 3 new categories.
Studio suites are the cheapest due to their small size, but they are located in the main building and it seems they enjoy a private verandah. Is it a good choice? Promenade suites look very nice but no verandah (?). The 2-bedroom residence suite is surprisingly cheap compared to the 2-bedroom grand hotel suite even if they are the same size. Totally lost here and would appreciate advice. Thanks 😊
I've only tried the State Room Suite, which is the second lowest price category. They're bigger than the Studios and the Courtyard but are priced lower than the Courtyard because I think they're located in a less desirable wing of the hotel where your wing over-looks public areas as opposed to the tranquil private courtyards. My understanding is that the fit and finish/amenities are the same for these suite categories, so its really about size and location within the building. We liked the State Suite which came with a full-sized living room and the sound-proofing was excellent despite being near the new location of the Long Bar and the main street.

One thing we really didn't like about the Raffles is the welcome/entry experience. Because so many sight-seeing non-residents/tourists try to come into the hotel, they keep the main doors locked (you can open them with a room key) and when you enter the hotel you're more often than not challenged as to your business. It's really an awful welcome back experience for a hotel guest and not at all 5-star. Having to swipe your key card felt like being at the office. Doormen don't open the door and greet you upon return and to be questioned when you walk into the lobby of your own hotel doesn't feel great "Can I help you?" "Where are you going sir/madam?" etc. It's too bad, because being able to return through the lovely main lobby should be one of the highlights of your stay, but by the end we would just use one of their non-descript side entrances to avoid the hassle. I raised it with the hotel manager and he essentially said that they couldn't do anything about it because they try to dissuade tourists from coming in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.