Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Old Nov 6, 19, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by BENLEE View Post
Not sure why anyone will like or recommend the Raffles. I asked my travel agent to arrange a tour of the hotel recently and it's literally like a furnace. Other than the main lobby and restaurants, and the rooms of course, everywhere else within the hotel is open space without air conditioning, and it's hot, hot, hot, especially under the scorching, unforgiving afternoon sun in Singapore's hot humid weather where temperature can reach 37 DegC. One must really enjoy the sun or sweating to stay in this hotel.

The rooms while nicely appointed, are nothing special. There is no view at all. The renovation has introduced a strange mix of colonial style decor with modern contemporary eateries. Overall, I left unimpressed and will definitely give this place a miss.
I am really conflicted as well.. there are so many negatives about this hotel but a lot of people talk about it with so much reverence and consider it an icon... canít really get a hang of it...
Old Nov 6, 19, 4:08 pm

Programs: Many
Just booked RC Millennia again, have had nothing but good experiences with this hotel. Will stick with them until they give me a reason not to.
FlyerEC and BENLEE like this.
Old Nov 13, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb , LCAH : Plt, Skywards : Gold
Originally Posted by Saurabh Batra View Post
Has anyone stayed at the newly refurbished Raffles? How would you compare it to other Luxury Options?

I am staying at Ritz for 8 nights with my wife and 2 kids and then want to switch to Raffles State Room Suite for 4 nights or Premiere Suite at JW Marriott...

I am a little concerned that suites at Raffles have no view/windows at all... wonít they feel stuffy and depressing? whereas the Suite at JW has lovely views and is very spacious.

On the other hand it seems F&B at Raffles would be much better than JW.

Can I go to Raffles for Breakfast even if I am not staying there?
I have stayed at both JW and Raffles.
JW : Premier Marina Bay View Suite
Raffles : Palm Court Suite.

View, definitely JW win here especially if you have the Marina Bay view rooms
Raffles window are small and you cant really see anything from it.

The suite I stayed in JW is a bit larger than Raffles one.
The suites at Raffles, pretty much similar in size (except their specialty suites) the only difference in their location in the building.

Service wise, Raffles wins hands down. I only have Gold status at Accor (Raffles) and I have Ambassador status at Bonvoy (JW Marriott)
I find that Raffles butler, the one handle my stays are very proactive and prompt in addressing any issues and request.
JW cant really compete in this area as they don't have butler service to start with.

Room wise, JW rooms is a little bit tired while Raffles is just reopens. Again not really fair comparison.

Return visit, personally I will return to Raffles. In fact I have another stays booked on December.
As for JW, unfortunately I prefer to go to my usual St Regis Sg (for Marriott affiliated properties) instead.
Old Dec 16, 19, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Stayed one night in Four Seasons Singapore. While I can see the location could have issues for some people we had a very pleasant stay. This was an Amex booking, got all the perks promised expect an upgrade. We booked a 1 bedroom suite so there is not a lot to upgrade to I guess. Room was nice and comfortable. Had room service dinner which was fast, efficient and very tasty. Especially the duck offered was very good. Breakfast downstairs was good though the cook did mess up our eggs a little bit. Overall a pleasant stay, good service and very happy with the experience. I was travelling with wife and a five year old.

Last stay in Singapore was at MO which the FS beat in every way except location.

Next trip will be staying at RC.
FlyerEC and vuittonsofstyle like this.
Old Dec 23, 19, 6:07 pm
was bluegatorade

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Ritz Carlton Stars TA
Which hotel is likely most flexible with late check out to accommodate a midnight departure?
Old Dec 23, 19, 6:43 pm

Programs: LH HON
Raffles charged me half a night so I could check out at 10pm for my flight at midnight.
Old Jan 8, 20, 8:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Originally Posted by bluegatorade View Post
Which hotel is likely most flexible with late check out to accommodate a midnight departure?
Suites at the Kempinski Singapore come with a "24 hour stay," if you're OK to time your check in accordingly.

Last week I did one night there and it was pretty awesome. IMO one of the better hotels in the city (except that the pool is really small: relaxation and wading only, no swimming, the hotel rooms have no view (due to the old heritage building), and executive lounge evening canapes very below par). Personalised, intimate service makes up for it though, best I've ever had.

Kempinski Singapore Staycaytion Review (Terrace Room with Discovery Black)

Old Jan 10, 20, 3:59 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
According to the documentary on Channel 5, they measure all the lawn to check that each blade is inch perfect, and they sweep the gravel front drive every minute to keep it tidy. Over half the guests are repeat bookings.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: