Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2023, 6:57 pm

FS or RC? Other?

FS or RC? Other?

Looking to fight jet lag, spend time in the sun at the swimming pool / spa, hang at a chill bar for early cocktails / food.

Staying in Singapore for 2 nights en route to Bali from NYC.
I land at 6am and hope to take a loooong bath asap and / or spend the day at the pool if my room is not ready.
Repeat on Day 2.
Been to Singapore many times before and no plans to roam the city, though... maybe?

Will book through AMEX FHR, likely lowest category room, before any upgrade.

I stayed at FS twice before - 2015 and 2017

Thoughts?
Old Jan 21, 2023, 10:07 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by Flyinglisa
FS or RC? Other?

Looking to fight jet lag, spend time in the sun at the swimming pool / spa, hang at a chill bar for early cocktails / food.

I land at 6am and hope to take a loooong bath asap and / or spend the day at the pool if my room is not ready.
Repeat on Day 2.
Been to Singapore many times before and no plans to roam the city, though... maybe?

Thoughts?
The top hotels in Singapore are neither. In contention would probably be Raffles, Capella or Fullerton Bay.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Dave510
The top hotels in Singapore are neither. In contention would probably be Raffles, Capella or Fullerton Bay.
If the priority is pools and not convenience to the city Capella seems like a good choice. Although not luxury the W in Sentosa has an excellent pool and a nice bar. Base rooms are not great but the suites are pretty nice.
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
FS or RC? Other?

Repeat on Day 2.

Thoughts?
Valley Wing at the Shangri La? Pool is shared by the rest of the hotel buy its a nice set up
Old Jan 26, 2023, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Dave510
Never been to Capella, so can't comment (although Sentosa isn't exactly a great location unless you don't plan to go very far), but putting the Fullerton Bay in the same class as the Raffles is misguided. The Fullerton Bay is The Fullerton dressed up in a newer physical plant without water leaks and mildew, but the service is equally lackluster. Their pool is nice, but it's poorly designed, anybody making the slightest amount of waves will soak the beautiful people around it at the rooftop terrace bar.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Capella is best for a relaxed stay with great views and great pool - but you always need a taxi to get somewhere, and its hard to catch taxis inside the city to come back!

Four Seasons is a darkish hole with small windows in the rooms and restaurants with absolute no windows at all.

Fullerton Bay has a good location and a great rooftop pool with fantastic views, although the clientele is mostly bankers.

RC and MO are ok, but very large.

---> not so easy to choose the ideal hotel in SIN!
Old Jan 27, 2023, 5:42 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by deer
---> not so easy to choose the ideal hotel in SIN!
and this pretty much has been the consensus here for as long as I can remember.

Any new openings on the horizon? Isn’t Edition supposed to open this year?
United747 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
Originally Posted by livefromtuscany
and this pretty much has been the consensus here for as long as I can remember.

Any new openings on the horizon? Isn’t Edition supposed to open this year?
Raffles Sentosa is opening late 2023. That one will be villas only though, no rooms/suites.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:34 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
Fullerton Bay- Bay view room is still pretty nice.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by Aventine
This part of the stay was a bit off-putting. Can't be one of the world's greatest hotels when acting like that.
I don't know on what planet this would be one of the world's greatest hotels though. As a resident of Singapore, the property's reaction to and handling of the leak doesn't surprise me in the slightest though...
Old Feb 11, 2023, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Valley Wing at the Shangri La? Pool is shared by the rest of the hotel buy its a nice set up
Tower Wing not a good option?
Old Feb 19, 2023, 1:55 pm

First time in Singapore. 1 and 2 night stays.

Going to Singapore and Malaysia for the first time in April. We're (my husband and I) flying in and out of SIN, going to do a 1 night and a 2 night stay at the start and end of the trips. Looking to book through Amex FHR for at least one stay to use up the credits and take advantage of the 4 pm checkout. Night rates for Raffles are at about USD 1000, Fullerton Bay at about USD 700, and St.R RC, Shangri-la, Conrad and FS at about USD 300-450.
Going through the recent discussions, these pricing tiers more or less reflect levels of luxury. Given our tight schedule and the need to do the first time touristy things, will it be worth spending the 2-3x night rate at the Fullerton Bay/Raffles if we're not sure how much time we'll be spending in the hotel? I'm a sucker for historic buildings, so Raffles has that going for it over Fullerton Bay.
We're coming here on leisure and low-key, so convenient location and not having to adhere to any dress codes are most important.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Going to Singapore and Malaysia for the first time in April. We're (my husband and I) flying in and out of SIN, going to do a 1 night and a 2 night stay at the start and end of the trips. Looking to book through Amex FHR for at least one stay to use up the credits and take advantage of the 4 pm checkout. Night rates for Raffles are at about USD 1000, Fullerton Bay at about USD 700, and St.R RC, Shangri-la, Conrad and FS at about USD 300-450.
Going through the recent discussions, these pricing tiers more or less reflect levels of luxury. Given our tight schedule and the need to do the first time touristy things, will it be worth spending the 2-3x night rate at the Fullerton Bay/Raffles if we're not sure how much time we'll be spending in the hotel? I'm a sucker for historic buildings, so Raffles has that going for it over Fullerton Bay.
We're coming here on leisure and low-key, so convenient location and not having to adhere to any dress codes are most important.
Have you also considered the Capitol Kempinski? Usually the rates can be quite good and it's close to the Raffles + many of the popular attractions. Seems like a good place to do the 2 nights (and since the Raffles is nearby, you have the option of stopping by for a drink or to walk around, even if not staying as guests). For the 1 night, I would opt for the Fullerton Bay if you're going for a room/suite with bay view, otherwise I'd skip it for something else that's closer to an area you'd like to explore.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Tower Wing not a good option?
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge
Flyinglisa , for Shangri La , Tower Wing is not the best option .. best is Valley Wing followed by Garden Wing

EmpressRouge , Raffles will require some dress code in some of their areas and restaurants .. as for historic buildings Kempinski as mentioned by Dave510 and Fullerton Hotel , not Fullerton Bay will qualify
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Flyinglisa , for Shangri La , Tower Wing is not the best option .. best is Valley Wing followed by Garden Wing
Not to beat this dead horse, but... why?
Rooms not nice? Not clean?

I'm looking for a nice place to land after a long flight, sleep, lounge by the pool to get over jet ag and... not have it break the bank

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.