Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:39 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Does anyone have a recommendation between Andaz/Intercon/JW? I don't want to stay on Orchard Rd. and FB/Raffles are out of budget.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by sydneyflyer12
Does anyone have a recommendation between Andaz/Intercon/JW? I don't want to stay on Orchard Rd. and FB/Raffles are out of budget.
Of the three I prefer the intercon.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:38 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by callmedtop
But that location though...

Six Senses Maxwell (just opened last month) has bright airy rooms, though are small unless booking higher category.

Otherwise I'm tempted to just return to the non-luxe InterContinental Bugis using points. Don't think the price is worth it for the FS or any of the other options. Fullerton Bay is out of budget.
Maybe take a punt at the newly opened InterContinental Robertson Quay? Nice area, hotel is very, very new so rooms are well furnished even if small.
callmedtop likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I need some advice: I've been to Singapore before (stayed at the FS & MO) and I'm returning in April.
Fullerton Bay Hotel is arguably the best hotel in the city but their Theme Suite is almost twice as expensive as comparable suites at pretty much all other "luxury" hotels.
I'm using quotation marks as I'm well aware that there is no such thing as a real luxury property in the city.
As it will be really hot and my stay will mostly be leisure, a good pool area is very important to me. Where would you stay?

EDIT: I'm considering the MO as their pool is great and Club Level pretty good as well. I know the property is dated but I'd appreciate any recent feedback about it

Last edited by JohnRain; Feb 25, 2019 at 3:23 am
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by JohnRain
I need some advice: I've been to Singapore before (stayed at the FS & MO) and I'm returning in April.
Fullerton Bay Hotel is arguably the best hotel in the city but their Theme Suite is almost twice as expensive as comparable suites at pretty much all other "luxury" hotels.
I'm using quotation marks as I'm well aware that there is no such thing as a real luxury property in the city.
As it will be really hot and my stay will mostly be leisure, a good pool area is very important to me. Where would you stay?
I'd recommend Raffles but they're still closed I think.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'd recommend Raffles but they're still closed I think.
I thought about that but they won't reopen before June unfortunately.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

EDIT: I'm considering the MO as their pool is great and Club Level pretty good as well. I know the property is dated but I'd appreciate any recent feedback about it
A suite there would be perfectly acceptable and avoiding the lobby around 12pm.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Ritz is better than the MO IMHO, and has a very nice pool. Club is good, and I prefer the corner suites with harbor view.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by Larkin
Ritz is better than the MO IMHO, and has a very nice pool. Club is good, and I prefer the corner suites with harbor view.
The RC would indeed be the alternative to the MO but its pool has no views right?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:03 am

Anyone stayed at the Shangri-La Valley Wing recently? How do they treat Diamond members?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
The RC would indeed be the alternative to the MO but its pool has no views right?
The pool at the Ritz has no views. But it is a great pool for swimming.
FlyerEC and JohnRain like this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Originally Posted by Aventine
A suite there would be perfectly acceptable and avoiding the lobby around 12pm.
Avoid the lobby at any hour.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 11:03 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more

Do you specifically need the suite? Fullerton Bay has a very nice pool area, and Virtuoso has upgrade at the time of booking (so can book lower, and get upgrade to a Bay View etc room).
I'd look at Ritz-Carlton Millenia otherwise if you really need the actual suite, albeit no pool view as mentioned but the views from the rooms/suites themselves are unrivalled. But pool area is quite nice.

On that note, trying to figure out my own Singapore hotels for my trip...

Last edited by chinmoylad; Feb 25, 2019 at 11:40 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:06 pm

The Capella is an outstanding hotel with beautiful outdoor pool areas. The Commute from Sentosa to the Island is well worth it IMO.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Do you specifically need the suite? Fullerton Bay has a very nice pool area, and Virtuoso has upgrade at the time of booking (so can book lower, and get upgrade to a Bay View etc room).
I'd look at Ritz-Carlton Millenia otherwise if you really need the actual suite, albeit no pool view as mentioned but the views from the rooms/suites themselves are unrivalled. But pool area is quite nice.

On that note, trying to figure out my own Singapore hotels for my trip...
Yes the suite is a must, especially so as the rooms at the FBH are on the small side. RC was indeed on my shortlist but a pool with views is a must as well.
While the FBH is certainly the nicest hotel in the city, I'm concerned by the fact that their pool has no deck chairs in the shade (no umbrellas/cabanas).
I think I'll stay at the MO in a Bay View Club Suite (again), as the Club is nice and the pool area has nice views and spots in the shade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.