Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:17 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by wripro
How about those powder blue tuxedoes with a riffled short and red velvet bowtie that some consider black tie! Give me a nicely tailored collared shirt and slacks any time!
I don't think I'll ever see one in a lounge, but I have no issue with that as long as it fits. People are free to showcase their own sense of style of course.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I typically change out of my night clothes into sweats when I go down for breakfast. I also usually wear the hotel slippers. I don’t care.

I do breakfast at my hotel precisely for the privilege of rolling out of bed straight to breakfast.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have recommendations for a hotel to view New Years fireworks next year? Would prefer to keep it below $1500-2000 USD for the night. I've stayed at the JW, RC, Shangri-La, and the Conrad. Only the former two would really qualify and the RC has a lot of blocked views on the lower floors so I don't know how reliable they'd be. I'm also looking into Fullerton Bay and MBS even though MBS is a giant tourist trap as I'm interested in the views.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:34 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Anyone have recommendations for a hotel to view New Years fireworks next year? Would prefer to keep it below $1500-2000 USD for the night. I've stayed at the JW, RC, Shangri-La, and the Conrad. Only the former two would really qualify and the RC has a lot of blocked views on the lower floors so I don't know how reliable they'd be. I'm also looking into Fullerton Bay and MBS even though MBS is a giant tourist trap as I'm interested in the views.
I'd suggest Fullerton Bay Hotel. While the view is from below looking up vs. MBS looking down, it's still a great view and of course a much better hotel as well.
Depending on the room you're after/availability (might be an issue at this point), upgrade at time of booking as well via Virtuoso Advisor.

Cheers!
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:42 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I'd suggest Fullerton Bay Hotel. While the view is from below looking up vs. MBS looking down, it's still a great view and of course a much better hotel as well.
Depending on the room you're after/availability (might be an issue at this point), upgrade at time of booking as well via Virtuoso Advisor.

Cheers!
100% agree. I stayed during preparation for National Day and had a fantastic view of fireworks from my balcony
BESVISOR likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
The view from the RC is quite hard to beat. I believed the RC different their rooms by height as well. The upper level rooms / suites are "premier".

Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:27 am

Has anyone stayed at the newly refurbished Raffles? How would you compare it to other Luxury Options?

I am staying at Ritz for 8 nights with my wife and 2 kids and then want to switch to Raffles State Room Suite for 4 nights or Premiere Suite at JW Marriott...

I am a little concerned that suites at Raffles have no view/windows at all... won’t they feel stuffy and depressing? whereas the Suite at JW has lovely views and is very spacious.

On the other hand it seems F&B at Raffles would be much better than JW.

Can I go to Raffles for Breakfast even if I am not staying there?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’ll be able to tell you next week, although members of my family stayed there said there was still construction and related disruption happening and to continue until beyond the new year. He said it did impact his stay but he’s honestly a bit fussy.

My concierge’s other clients gave very good feedback, on the other hand. So much so that when I got wind of it we switched from the Four Seasons.

We will see if I made the right choice.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:03 am
formerly htang333

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Saurabh Batra Had clients recently complete 10 nights of return stay at Fullerton Bay Hotel and went by Raffles for drinks/tour and said it was stunning. Said they will prefer to try Raffles next stay vs. FBH. So that only speaks to the hard product, but based on their feedback and few other TA peers' reviews, it seems to worth trying, assuming construction issues can be mitigated for your dates, of course.

As for views, I still prefer FBH the most.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist

Cheers!
Are you saying they'll already be sold out for Dec 31, 2020, or that the booking calendar isn't open that far yet? I'm not looking for this Dec if that wasn't clear.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:03 pm
formerly htang333

Are you saying they'll already be sold out for Dec 31, 2020, or that the booking calendar isn't open that far yet? I'm not looking for this Dec if that wasn't clear.
Sorry for the confusion...I don't think it'll be loaded for next Dec just yet. But double check
I didn't look, just speaking from experience...but if not, should open up in a month.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:43 pm

Sorry for the confusion...I don't think it'll be loaded for next Dec just yet. But double check
I didn't look, just speaking from experience...but if not, should open up in a month.
Most stuff isn't loaded yet but I had to fight to get the harbour suite at RC HK for this Dec 31 when the booking window opened so I'm getting ready ahead of time.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:48 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by sophialite
I’ll be able to tell you next week, although members of my family stayed there said there was still construction and related disruption happening and to continue until beyond the new year. He said it did impact his stay but he’s honestly a bit fussy.

My concierge’s other clients gave very good feedback, on the other hand. So much so that when I got wind of it we switched from the Four Seasons.

We will see if I made the right choice.
Think will be in FS but dine at Raffles , we shall see . We may switch too . Perhaps will see you .
Jet lagging , as usual ..
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:46 pm

@sophialite Great. Will look forward to your first hand experience...

@Saurabh Batra Had clients recently complete 10 nights of return stay at Fullerton Bay Hotel and went by Raffles for drinks/tour and said it was stunning. Said they will prefer to try Raffles next stay vs. FBH. So that only speaks to the hard product, but based on their feedback and few other TA peers' reviews, it seems to worth trying, assuming construction issues can be mitigated for your dates, of course.

As for views, I still prefer FBH the most.

I am sure the Hotel common areas look great but I am most concerned about Suites still being dark and dingy as the layout does not allow suites to have windows...

Last edited by RichardInSF; Nov 6, 2019 at 3:44 pm Reason: Consecutive posts by same member.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Not sure why anyone will like or recommend the Raffles. I asked my travel agent to arrange a tour of the hotel recently and it's literally like a furnace. Other than the main lobby and restaurants, and the rooms of course, everywhere else within the hotel is open space without air conditioning, and it's hot, hot, hot, especially under the scorching, unforgiving afternoon sun in Singapore's hot humid weather where temperature can reach 37 DegC. One must really enjoy the sun or sweating to stay in this hotel.

The rooms while nicely appointed, are nothing special. There is no view at all. The renovation has introduced a strange mix of colonial style decor with modern contemporary eateries. Overall, I left unimpressed and will definitely give this place a miss.

Last edited by BENLEE; Nov 6, 2019 at 6:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.