Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Luxury Hotel in Singapore? (consolidated thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
If you want great pool and nice room I would choose Ritz. True it is a large hotel which I don't like, but I think it is the best of the bunch if you get at least a premium corner marina facing jr suite. Food in the hotel is o ky ok, but great restaurants in Singapore a taxi away. Also club lounge great for breakfast and drinks. Other choice is shangri la valley wing, but although this wing smaller and more personalized, hotel large too, and no back view. ( but I love the service).
Old Feb 14, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I highly recommend the Pan Pacific Singapore's HarbourStudio rooms.

It has excellent rooms/service and the breakfast is really one of the best I've had. Gorgeous view from the Harbour rooms !!

If you intend to travel in February on a weekend, remember to use the promo code FEBFAB to score yourself free club access (usually S$195++ I think).

You can read my full review here: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/...ific-singapore
Old Feb 15, 2014, 9:33 pm

We stayed in a suite at MO last year.

The food was delicious every time we ate in the hotel. Breakfast at Melt was great, with lovely choices.

The one service and food issue we had was at the high tea. The server left out an entire course. Pretty average.

But the staff elsewhere in the hotel were impeccable with their services.

The suite was lovely and roomy. Two bathrooms. The couch was not that comfortable, but it was very roomy.

The pool area was great with terrific service and view. I loved the pool area.

We would stay there again in Singapore.

C
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The new Westin has a rooftop infinity pool. It's style almost seems like a W in light colors more than a traditional Westin (no tan and green with light wood).
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:51 am

From the pictures the MO pool area seems to be nice.

Has someone else been there and can confirm carls888?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:59 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, ALL Limitless, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by cyberduck

Thanks in advance!
The MO Singapore pool area was completely renovated a few years ago and is stunning. Beautiful pool and great views. Great free cabanas with ipod docks.

MELT is a brilliant buffet, one of the best I've been to. The Club lounge is great too, with unlimited decent champagne and cocktails every evening.

Rooms are a little ordinary at the MO but definitely 5 star with perfect housekeeping. Great views over the harbour.

I've visited the Fullerton too, good location but didn't feel as posh.

I'd personally definitely go for the MO
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:11 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more

Thanks in advance!
Despite the rest of the hotel being an absolute mess, hard to beat the Marina Bay Sands if you're looking for spectacular swimming pools I guess!

MO Singapore's swimming pool area is actually quite nice, but nothing spectacular. It's the view that does it.

Edit: Ah, I see from post above it's had a renovation. I was last there nearly 6 years ago...so probably quite a bit has changed!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 6:00 am

Thank you everybody, I will go for the MO

...and of course tell you my experience when I'm back
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:56 am

Need to book hotel in Singapore for 2 with infant

Hi,

My wife and I are visiting some friends in Singapore later this year- it'll be the first time we're on holiday abroad with our little one (he'll be 18months at the time we're there).

I'm trying to do some background research on hotels for us to stay in for 5 nights- it'd be great if the hotel has a nice spa (think we'll both deserve a break by october!), reasonable western breakfast would be good, even better if we can get fruit and other nice things for our son. Would probably also be nice if there was a reasonable pool that was child friendly.

So far I think I'm leaning towards the Ritz-Carlton (available on Amex's FHR), but would be open to most other hotels. I've stayed at a few St. Regis' before but the Singapore St. Regis sounds a bit hit and miss?

I'd really appreciate tips on the best way to stay at a hotel with an infant- is it best to get a suite so we have a lounge and a place to relax without disturbing him or get adjoining rooms? For FHR users- would you book a lower category room and expect an upgrade?

Thanks in advance!
Paul

Last edited by pingles; Feb 17, 2014 at 9:14 am
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:19 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have combined three similar Singapore hotel threads into one so the continuity of the last few pages might be a bit bumpy.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:49 am

Thanks in advance!
Yes, probably now the best pool area in Singapore. Beautifully redesigned.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Yes, probably now the best pool area in Singapore. Beautifully redesigned.

Great to to hear!

Have finally booked a city suite in MO.

I'll tell you my experience when I'm back.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
If you have a chance take a look at the St. Regis. If someone has status with Starwood it looks like this might be the one to beat.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
If you have a chance take a look at the St. Regis. If someone has status with Starwood it looks like this might be the one to beat.
The Shangri-La valley wing around the corner easily beats the St. Regis in hard and soft products as well as there excellent free flow complimentary happy hours. I think also the RC and the FS beat the St. Regis in Singapore.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Goodmorning2U
If someone has status with Starwood it looks like this might be the one to beat.
I have SPG gold through Amex.

I'm mainly interested in the potential for an upgrade to a suite (given extra living space would be useful once our son's gone to sleep in the evening). In the past I've had the occasional upgrade to a higher floor, slightly larger room etc. I've not had an upgrade from a regular room to a suite before. I wonder whether an FHR booking + SPG Gold would make that more likely?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.