Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Group service to Bristol [BRS]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:52 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Who is around with CRJs to wet lease anymore? Cityjet?
Where's bmi when you need their fleet of slightly battered E145s? (I'm kidding, I'm kidding).
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
Where's bmi when you need their fleet of slightly battered E145s? (I'm kidding, I'm kidding).
I flew with them once, it might have even been a 135?

It was a fun experience.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:10 am

10 flights booked directly with Lufthansa on the Bristol route cancelled last night, 22 booked using United miles cancelled this morning. 32 cancelled flights in less than 24 hours is a record for me. Lufthansa just cancelled my flights with refund as the only option, United phoned me to see if I wanted to fly via Birmingham. I said to cancel the lot and I'd rebook.

​​​​​
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The P&W engine issue is grounding a substantial part of their A320neo fleet this winter. The CLH E90 (which usually fly to BRS) are all going to EN this season and the CLH A320 deliveries are 3-6 months late.
What does all going to EN mean? Apologies but I don't post here much so not familiar with all the terms.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:25 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by brucebruce666
What does all going to EN mean? Apologies but I don't post here much so not familiar with all the terms.
EN = Air Dolomiti, one of the many LHG operating companies.
brucebruce666 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Air Dolomiti (EN) and Austrian (OS) received the E190 & E195 fleet that Lufthansa Cityline (CLH) used to operate. CLH will get factory fresh A320neo to replace them as per plan, but that was the plan. The PW engine issue has thrown everything into disarray.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I flew with them once, it might have even been a 135?

It was a fun experience.
bmi only flew E145 I think, not E135. As well as F100/70 a very long time ago. Yes those were the days...
Old Dec 20, 2023, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
bmi only flew E145 I think, not E135. As well as F100/70 a very long time ago. Yes those were the days...
Not wanting to thread-drift too much, but BM/BD had a couple of -135s, usually used on BRS-HAM and BRS-HAJ.
​​
MichielR likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
I'd be amazed if it made more sense to offer BRS-MUC over BRS-FRA, but it appears that incoherent things happen often with LH group and BRS. (The 2x weekly LX flight to ZRH survives.)
​​
I know, I was joking. And indulging in wishful thinking. (There was a time years ago when there was a direct BRS-MUC flight - I think it might have been with Flybe or similar. It didn't last long.)
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by mustafina
(There was a time years ago when there was a direct BRS-MUC flight - I think it might have been with Flybe or similar. It didn't last long.)
It was bmi regional, in their short lived attempt to use BRS as a base for a lot of flights to Germany. FRA, MUC, HAJ, HAM were all direct routes, but I think LH were really awkward about setting up codeshares and that, combined with bmi's questionable reliability, meant it became a money pit that dragged them under eventually.
MichielR and mustafina like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mustafina
I know, I was joking. And indulging in wishful thinking. (There was a time years ago when there was a direct BRS-MUC flight - I think it might have been with Flybe or similar. It didn't last long.)
Years ago, I flew BA Connect BRS-MUC and BRS-CDG, before BA sold Connect to Fly(may)Be, which effectively handed most BRS routes to U2.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:06 am

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/luftha...-in-2024-43928

"Lufthansa will suspend flights from Liverpool on 2 February and Bristol a day later and has indicated they are unlikely to return. The airline blamed lack of aircraft for both decisions."
chris63 and mustafina like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:56 am

I see the Edelweiss (a member of the LH Group) have gone and leased four E195s to 'sustain operational reliability '. Apparently that was beyond Cityline to sustain a route with apparently >75% load factor.

I've shifted my North American flying over to Aer Lingus via DUB, and my Asian flying is going to SQ/TG out of LHR. I'll keep a minimum of intra-European on LH to keep on top of QPs, but I don't need to requal for a few years yet, so I'm going to give this whole debacle some cooling off time.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I see the Edelweiss (a member of the LH Group) have gone and leased four E195s to 'sustain operational reliability '. Apparently that was beyond Cityline to sustain a route with apparently >75% load factor.
I thought Helvetic did that to compensate the downtime of their E295 that have PW1100G engines? LH just cancelled Linz for the rest of the year for the same reason.

The wet and dry lease market in Europe and elsewhere is completely sold out due the P&W engine issue as everyone is scrambling to secure capacity. KLM has wetlease German Airways' E195 fleet to compensate their E295 grounding.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:05 am

You're right, it was Helvetic, that was my mistake, apologies.

My point still partly stands; there are aircraft out there if you want them. And I'm still not convinced that cutting a route showing >5% growth y-o-y (BRS-FRA) was smarter than cutting one showing 0-3% decline y-o-y (NCL-FRA), or one with less than 50% LF and running a few days a week (BHD-FRA). Still smells to me of "oh, they'll just go back to Heathrow".
brucebruce666 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.