Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class lounges at MUC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
K -> L is quickly done and the K lounge is nicer than the G or H lounges.
Henmar likes this.
Old May 6, 2023, 8:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
I'm flying through MUC from SAN with an 8 hour layover. Flying J with LH in, and economy out on LH flight to TLS. I plan on visiting the city during the layover. It seems I should be able to go directly to a lounge on arrival and access with my J ticket (I also have an Amex Plat) so I can take a shower and change before going into town. The trick seems to be to skip immigration until I'm ready to leave the airport? Do I need to pick up my bag on a connecting flight or will it get tagged to TLS without any interaction from me?
Old May 6, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by motoridersd
The trick seems to be to skip immigration until I'm ready to leave the airport?
Not sure what "trick" you're referring to, but you can simply clear passport control with your onward BP to TLS and go to a Business lounge in the G gate area (Schengen). When you're done, just walk out and follow the signs for baggage reclaim to leave the airport.

Originally Posted by motoridersd
Do I need to pick up my bag on a connecting flight or will it get tagged to TLS without any interaction from me?
The bag will go all the way to TLS without any action needed on your part.
Old May 6, 2023, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
Not sure what "trick" you're referring to, but you can simply clear passport control with your onward BP to TLS and go to a Business lounge in the G gate area (Schengen). When you're done, just walk out and follow the signs for baggage reclaim to leave the airport.

The bag will go all the way to TLS without any action needed on your part.
Thank you. I was reading up on old threads about this and there were many mentions of skipping passport control, which seemed weird. Many of those messages are from the early 2000s.
gojko88 likes this.
Old May 8, 2023, 6:33 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
The posts may have meant not to take the exit passport control because you will not be able to get back airside to the lounge without going through the whole departure check again.

You can go to either Schengen or non-Schengen lounges and then follow the baggage claim signs to leave the airport
Old May 8, 2023, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
The posts may have meant not to take the exit passport control because you will not be able to get back airside to the lounge without going through the whole departure check again.

You can go to either Schengen or non-Schengen lounges and then follow the baggage claim signs to leave the airport
Yeah this sounds right. That's what I did. Pretty easy to get to after deplaning.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Israeli Gin 🇮🇱

Since a good while now LH SEN have a gin called Levantine. It’s very unusual, one of the most interesting I’ve tried as it has a spicy profile. If it wasn’t for the diverse selection of gin they have I wouldn’t have come across it.

Give it a try! Fever Med is available if you ask.

worldclubber and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
Hey guys,

Managed to change my Air Canada- flight (787+777 but a long layover in YUL) to the new LH A350 Allegris Business Class. Woop Woop!!

Flying AMS-MUC-YVR in MAY24.

No status, just Business Class ticket.

LH476 will depart from T2-Satellite terminal. I prefer to go as quickly as possible through passport control to avoid any last-minute-queue-stress

I think that leaves me with lounge H24 or L11.

Any suggestions which one would be better?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
L11 is closer and nicer.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
And L11 has a bar along the windows, i.e. you can enjoy an apron view while sitting there.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by worldclubber
And L11 has a bar along the windows, i.e. you can enjoy an apron view while sitting there.
This was exactly what I was looking for and already found in some reviews! Many thanks to the both of you for the swift reply and confirmation!
worldclubber likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 12:31 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by GVDM
This was exactly what I was looking for and already found in some reviews! Many thanks to the both of you for the swift reply and confirmation!
Have a great flight and enjoy your time at MUC. The catering is not gourmet food, but you will be able to survive and enjoy some drinks with a view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.