Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Speaking of lounges

I was in Satellite so train icon means main terminal
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:28 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I'm planning a trip IAH-MUC-BKK in J on UA-LH. Based on what's open now, which lounge(s) would be available to me? I'm currently not Star Gold, but *might* be (UA Gold) by the time I take this trip.

I have the option to connect IAH-FRA-BKK, also J on UA-LH. Is that an easier (or better in any way) connection vs MUC?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by wpcoe
I'm planning a trip IAH-MUC-BKK in J on UA-LH. Based on what's open now, which lounge(s) would be available to me? I'm currently not Star Gold, but *might* be (UA Gold) by the time I take this trip.

I have the option to connect IAH-FRA-BKK, also J on UA-LH. Is that an easier (or better in any way) connection vs MUC?
If you are not *G and if you are transferring at Munich or Frankfurt, you would have access to Lufthansa Business Lounge's. The offerings between Munich and Frankfurt are pretty identical, although if you are traveling via Frankfurt and if your BKK flight is departing from B gates ( very likely as FRA-BKK is probably being operated by Thai as Lufthansa does not operate that route anymore ) you would have access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge which have better offerings compared to the Lufthansa Business Lounge's. If you are *G, then you would have access to the Senator Lounge's at Germany which is a small upgrade from the Business Lounge's but the difference between Business and Senator Lounges would be marginal.

Also at Houston, directly head to the United Polaris Lounge which would have much better options compared to the Lufthansa Lounge at Houston.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:53 am

Transfer itself is much easier at Munich, I'd stay with the original plan. If you end up in Satellite, for now, everyone is invited to the Senator lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Transfer itself is much easier at Munich, I'd stay with the original plan. If you end up in Satellite, for now, everyone is invited to the Senator lounge.

Nope just two days ago someone with business ticket was refused entry to senator lounge and send to the bussiness lounge.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:14 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
ISTFlyer & Fabo.sk : Thanks for the details. I think I'll keep the MUC connection then. Thank heavens for Polaris. My entire itinerary is MID-IAH-MUC-BKK and I'll have over six hours in IAH.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Tomasz Pa
Nope just two days ago someone with business ticket was refused entry to senator lounge and send to the bussiness lounge.
In Satellite? I was just there and the business side was closed (FCL also). Business was open in main T2 though.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: A3*G LH*G
Rightfully so. Senator lounges are for SENs and Star Alliance Golds. Business lounges are for business class ticket holders and M&M FTLs (regardless of travel class).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
My understanding is that Main building Schengen, First, Senator and Business have their own lounges. Someone going to G28 with business access would be directed upstairs, Senators to the left, to their respective lounges. In non Schengen H24 then it's one lounge. In Satellite there are Business and Senator lounges at K11 and L11.

This is the sign at G28, which is similar as above except displayed from a Main Building perspective and also they both ignore the lounge by which the sign is displayed. So my image doesn't mention G28 (because it's obviously open and next to the sign) and presumably Fabo's image was taken by Satellite K11 and L11. And the Senator café is open but not mentioned!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:32 am

The Business lounge at Satellite must have opened in the last few days then - when I was there a week ago, I have definitely been in the Senator side, with my FTL. Biz side was closed.

I did not check the lounge yesterday, as there had been a queue to enter, so I went ahead and went to G, where both SEN and Biz sides had been open since at least early January.
(I did check FCL in K and it was closed)

FWIW the offer of drinks between SEN last week and Biz yesterday was identical, food was different, but along the same lines, so I guess it's just the regular rotation. Kaesespaetzle were excellent, by the way.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by MichalB
Rightfully so. Senator lounges are for SENs and Star Alliance Golds. Business lounges are for business class ticket holders and M&M FTLs (regardless of travel class).
Under normal circumstances, yes. However LH group operated a lot of concourses with a single-lounge concept throughout the pandemic. If a SEN lounge happened to be the only lounge open in a given concourse, then FTLs and J pax were also invited in SEN lounge. Conversely, if the FTL/Biz side was the only side open, *G were invited there, but then they always have access if so desired.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm a Lufthansa and MUC newbie. I'll be flying LHR to CAG via MUC over the weekend in business. I have an Amex Platinum, so AFAIU, I should be able to access Senator lounges and not just business lounges.

Which lounge(s) should I aim to visit? Can I stay within airside non-Schengen before clearing passport control?

I have about 2 hours between flights.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:11 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You will find minor differences between the lounges, not enough to justify jumping around MUC in my view. You can stay non Schengen but I can't see the benefit of that and the lounge agent will probably suggest you get nearer the departure area. I would sugget you clear Schengen and then go to the Senator lounge nearest your departure gate. This may well be Senator G28 in the main building, clearly signposted, it's a few blocks back from the gate G28 itself.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Apr 21, 2022 at 8:52 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You will find minor differences between the lounges, not enough to justify jumping around MUC in my view. You can stay non Schengen but I can see the benefit of that and the lounge agent will probably suggest you get nearer the departure area. I would sugget you clear Schengen and then go to the Senator lounge nearest your departure gate. This may well be Senator G28 in the main building, clearly signposted, it's a few blocks back from the gate G28 itself.
Thanks, C-W-S!

I wonder if G28 will be open? There are some photos in the posts above that don't mention G28 as open (and G24 as currently closed).
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Thanks, C-W-S!

I wonder if G28 will be open? There are some photos in the posts above that don't mention G28 as open (and G24 as currently closed).
Yes, G28 lounges are open. The note in the photo you reference does not mention it, because it was taken at the entrance of this lounge. If you go back a bit more, you'll see that I have posted a photo of a similar note from the K lounge, so it does not mention K and L lounges, but it does say G28 is open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.