Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business class lounges at MUC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 2:59 am

Hi, mid August I'm doing a 7 hr layower at MUC (within Schengen LH to LX) travelling with my family in economy. Is there any way that I can BUY lounge access for my three children?

I am *Gold, so I should be able to guest my husband in. But can I buy single day passes for the kids? We pass through Changi twice a year and they much prefer the lounge than foodcourt area.

Normally on a 7hr daytime layover in August we would go landside and se the city, but hustle and the queing time for airport security with 3 kids 11 and under we don't want to spend maybe 4 of those waiting to get back airside.
I dont have Amex or CHASE cards, sorry.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by LadyBell
Hi, mid August I'm doing a 7 hr layower at MUC (within Schengen LH to LX) travelling with my family in economy. Is there any way that I can BUY lounge access for my three children?

I am *Gold, so I should be able to guest my husband in. But can I buy single day passes for the kids? We pass through Changi twice a year and they much prefer the lounge than foodcourt area.

Normally on a 7hr daytime layover in August we would go landside and se the city, but hustle and the queing time for airport security with 3 kids 11 and under we don't want to spend maybe 4 of those waiting to get back airside.
I dont have Amex or CHASE cards, sorry.

Thanks in advance
Should work:
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounge-companions

FWIW: my experience with waiting times in MUC in recent weeks has been rather positive with not in excess of 15 min. of queuing - quite in contrast to BER.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:26 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Plus, MUC's website has an indicator re:wait times

https://www.munich-airport.com/flights-240142

Scroll down to "Current waiting times" and make sure to select the right terminal (T2).

Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by sw1x
Should work:
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounge-companions

FWIW: my experience with waiting times in MUC in recent weeks has been rather positive with not in excess of 15 min. of queuing - quite in contrast to BER.

Thank you!

Does this work also for me, I am * Gold, throug SK, not LH so I have Eurobonus, not Miles and More status as is quoted. Does that matter? Or can I buy guest passes too? I know Lufthansa is big on rules (for good reasons). I dont want to push or break them.

Also big thanks for the wait times link that doesnt look too bad.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Open your booking on LH.com, you will be able to buy lounge access in advance there. That said the 75 or so € will buy you a lot of nice things in MUC.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA GS & Marriott Titanium
Which Bus/SEN lounge in MUC T2/T2S is generally recommended for space and food offerings? We will be arriving from the US in T2 with connection to FCO from T2S after approximately 3.5 hours. We are arriving in Business, departing in Economy and are * gold. Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Food offerings are the same across, last I've been also across Biz and Sen.

SEN lounges have more space, Both for views and for simplicity of connection (if your FCO flight indeed does leave from T2S) I would suggest SEN lounge in K concourse (Schengen Satellite).
However if it happens to be crowded (in case it is still running as single lounge - I would think not, but have not had confirmation otherwise) you can take the train to G concourse. Only one of two Senator lounges is open there, but it's spacious enough and the collocated Biz lounge is open as well, so there is not sending Biz pax to SEN lounge on that side.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
(in case it is still running as single lounge - I would think not, but have not had confirmation otherwise)
It is not, the lounges are separated. I was last there two weeks ago.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
If I am traveling through MUC with longhaul BOS-MUC in business, am I allowed to bring two teenage kids traveling in economy with me into the lounge while waiting for our flight from MUC-FCO??

What about the same question in F, If we are flying BOS-MUC in F connecting to MUC-FCO in J, are we allowed to bring two kids (15 and 16) traveling in Y or J with us into the FC lounge in MUC?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nologic
If I am traveling through MUC with longhaul BOS-MUC in business, am I allowed to bring two teenage kids traveling in economy with me into the lounge while waiting for our flight from MUC-FCO??

What about the same question in F, If we are flying BOS-MUC in F connecting to MUC-FCO in J, are we allowed to bring two kids (15 and 16) traveling in Y or J with us into the FC lounge in MUC?
not really. It depends what I vs. we is. If 2 are flying in F then yes, you can each bring 1 guest into the F lounge. 2 guests with 1 F pax is a no-no, but I have seen them allow 2 into the SEN lounge in MUC with 1
pax in F, worth asking
Old Jul 11, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
not really. It depends what I vs. we is. If 2 are flying in F then yes, you can each bring 1 guest into the F lounge. 2 guests with 1 F pax is a no-no, but I have seen them allow 2 into the SEN lounge in MUC with 1
pax in F, worth asking
Two adults would be in F. Two kids might be in business class or coach… That’s what the question is about
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My wife (in F) has taken me and the kids (in C) into the MUC FCL, so it should be possible.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
My wife (in F) has taken me and the kids (in C) into the MUC FCL, so it should be possible.
And one extra guest, in your case. I figure cfisher missed the part where children are actually underage teenagers and not adult children.

Of course that's assuming they are kids of at least one of the two traveling in F, which is highly likely.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
And one extra guest, in your case. I figure cfisher missed the part where children are actually underage teenagers and not adult children.

Of course that's assuming they are kids of at least one of the two traveling in F, which is highly likely.
15 and 16 YO? You want to get that on a single F ticket as guests in MUC? Mmmmm. YMMV.

2 pax in F get 2 guests ... that's not a problem
Old Jul 12, 2022, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
15 and 16 YO? You want to get that on a single F ticket as guests in MUC? Mmmmm. YMMV.

2 pax in F get 2 guests ... that's not a problem
F pax get one guest plus immediate family members (spouse plus underage children)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.