Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M Award Search Request Please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2023, 11:12 am
Original Poster

M&M Award Search Request Please

Hi can anyone help me search what would usually be the surcharges needed for using Miles & More to redeem Air Canada flights from YVR to YYZ in busniess class, I don’t have 7000 points so I can’t conduct the search. I found out on points.me that it requires 350 USD of surcharges just wondering if it is accurate or not, so I’m hesitating wonder to transfer my points or not. Thanks a lot.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 12:02 pm

Random date in February:

Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:35 am

Dumb Question about Award Search

How do I actually search for M&M Award availability?

I can't seem to figure it out. It seems like I already need to have a minimum number of miles in my account to even search for availability. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ght-award.html

need to have a minimum number of miles in my account to even search for availability
Yep, no miles in the account = no search ability
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:50 am

So do I just need 1 mile in the account to run searches?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by e4west
So do I just need 1 mile in the account to run searches?
No, 7000 is the minimum
Old Mar 20, 2023, 10:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Help needed to check Award availability

Hi LH flyers,

I'm in a situation where I've recently booked an award with expiring miles. And now my mileage balance has dipped below 7000 miles. So even though LH will allow free date changes with the same routing, they won't allow me to search award availability.

Would someone (NON-elite) be so kind as to check a particular award availability for me and let me know? If award space is available, I will then take the time to call their 800# and get them to re-book me. If you can help, please DM me, and I'll let you know the routing / preferred dates etc.

Thank you in advance!

-G
Old Mar 21, 2023, 4:04 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by gya007
Hi LH flyers,

I'm in a situation where I've recently booked an award with expiring miles. And now my mileage balance has dipped below 7000 miles. So even though LH will allow free date changes with the same routing, they won't allow me to search award availability.

Would someone (NON-elite) be so kind as to check a particular award availability for me and let me know? If award space is available, I will then take the time to call their 800# and get them to re-book me. If you can help, please DM me, and I'll let you know the routing / preferred dates etc.

Thank you in advance!

-G
Have you considered using united.com to search for Saver Award inventory? That is a good (however not a precise) indicator if award space is available. Otherwise call them and ask them to check for availability.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
I've always known that UA award availability does not match LH award availability on the same routing. Yet, I decided to give them a call - sure enough, LH doesn't have any award availability- even though UA has multiple options (checking thru a non-status account on both). Thx.

Originally Posted by cas_de
Have you considered using united.com to search for Saver Award inventory? That is a good (however not a precise) indicator if award space is available. Otherwise call them and ask them to check for availability.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 7:07 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gya007
Hi LH flyers,

Thank you in advance!

-G
Why don’t you post the route and date(s). I can’t help since I have status though I’m not sure how much difference having status makes other than for waitlisting.
gya007 and chris63 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 8:07 am

M&M Dummy award search

Hello all,
Currently I have a small amount of miles in my account and this prevents me from doing any dummmy searches in order to check the amount of miles and taxes required for any given route. Is there any way to bypass this limitation or a workaround to find this info ?

Regards,
Ciumpy
Old Nov 2, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Aeroplan 35K; United Premier Silver, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Search Award Availability with Zero Miles in Account

I'm thinking of buying some LH miles to use for a LH flight I want to take next week. I already have a booking made via AC, but I have flexibility and I can see that there is 1 J seat available on the flight the day before via AC. However we need 2 seats. I've created an account with LH but you can't actually use their award flight search unless you have at least 7000 miles. Are there any workarounds here? Do LH release more seats that can be booked direct? I'd really like to get in and play around with the search tool before I commit to buying miles. Marriott are not a transfer partner either so that's not an option for transferring over 7000 miles. I guess I could just buy the cheapest bundle of miles which is 15,000, but I was going to buy 300,000 to get the best discount.

Also, it say that there is no miles cost for lap infants on award bookings, only taxes and fees, is this correct:

Infants (babies under the age of 2) may travel with you free of charge as long as they do not need their own seat. You only pay the taxes, fees and airline surcharges - see the terms and conditions for infants.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Are there any workarounds here?
No. But you can posts dates here and people usually look it up on M&M for you. If you ask nicely
Do LH release more seats that can be booked direct?
Availability to M&M members is (often) better than other FFP partners.
Also, it say that there is no miles cost for lap infants on award bookings, only taxes and fees, is this correct:
Yes, only some taxes.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Aeroplan 35K; United Premier Silver, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by oliver2002
No. But you can posts dates here and people usually look it up on M&M for you. If you ask nicely

Availability to M&M members is (often) better than other FFP partners.

Yes, only some taxes.
Thanks for the reply. Would you be so kind as to check DUB-FRA-YYZ for me please? It's LH977 and LH470 in J for 2 passengers and 1 lap infant on any day from November 7th to 10th I'm looking for. The only availability I can see is is for 1X J on November 7th when I check on AC.

Also, could you confirm what the taxes and fees are? The miles should be 56k and the taxes and fees should be about €251 per adult and zero for the lap infant.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 6:05 am

Only available on Nov 7 (8-10th shows as not available in C). 233€ for adults, about 33€ for infants. You need to call in to book the infant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.