Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by z12345
It only worked for me when I didn't put a 1 or a + when entering the number then it will pop up to confirm the number with the +1 in the pop up screen and it worked. So just area code plus phone number should work. Is this Luca app required for lounge entry? Do we need to upload proof of vaccine to the app or how is it meant to be used? Thanks
Theres a QR code on the EU vaccination cert
The luca app scanned mine and all the information magically appeared in the app
Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by hkcj
Are there any tricks to getting Luca to send an authentication code to my US phone number? I tried with and without + in front of the 1, but no dice. Also tried with Google Voice.
It worked for me this week with +1 and my GV number. Just the number and no hyphens. The address entry is kinda useless given you can't put the country in but whatever.

I don't have a QR code on my vaccination certificate so can't upload it. YMMV.

Last edited by AmynM; Aug 28, 2021 at 7:22 am Reason: forgot to put in a subject
Old Aug 28, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Connecting in FRA

Appreciate all of the helpful insights in this thread. I am traveling next week on LH in J (fully vaccinated) from the US to FCO, connecting in FRA. Just wanted to confirm a few things…please feel free to correct me you have different guidance

- With traveling in J, I have access to both business AND senator lounges in FRA, correct?
- And if so, is the Senator Lounge at A50 my best option? (I’ve heard good things about Business Lounge at A26 with the coffee bar, but it sounds as though this lounge is only takeaway food?)

Given that I’ve read mixed things on Luca being required in FRA, I’m planning to download in advance just in case.

Thanks in advance for your input!
Earthman likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by AmynM
It worked for me this week with +1 and my GV number. Just the number and no hyphens. The address entry is kinda useless given you can't put the country in but whatever.

I don't have a QR code on my vaccination certificate so can't upload it. YMMV.
I was eventually able to get it to work with my Google Voice number but not with my actual US phone number 🤷. It was useful to avoid filling in the paper form, and to allow me to "check out" so that I wouldn't get a COVID exposure notification for a time when I wasn't actually in the lounge.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is there any self-service in the FRA lounge? or is wine handed over by staff? What about food? or just a bottle of water and sandwich to go?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201

- With traveling in J, I have access to both business AND senator lounges in FRA
I’m pretty sure that if you are just traveling in J and have no Senator, *Gold or HON status, you can only visit the business lounge not the senator one….or…???

Can someone clarify:
Now that I think about it the Senator lounge seems to be the only “status only” lounge. If you only travel in J you only do the business one unless you have the sen status, if you only travel in F or are HON you can use the F lounge…I mean I guess technically they’ll let you in the Sen one too but why would you instead of F….there’s no travel class for someone with no status to enter the sen one specifically…
Old Aug 29, 2021, 4:39 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by NickRivas
I’m pretty sure that if you are just traveling in J and have no Senator, *Gold or HON status, you can only visit the business lounge not the senator one….or…???

Can someone clarify:
Now that I think about it the Senator lounge seems to be the only “status only” lounge. If you only travel in J you only do the business one unless you have the sen status, if you only travel in F or are HON you can use the F lounge…I mean I guess technically they’ll let you in the Sen one too but why would you instead of F….there’s no travel class for someone with no status to enter the sen one specifically…
because of the continuing lounge closures, many Senator lounges accept J and FTL passengers.

One very good reason why you wouldn't go to F lounge if you can is that you actually can't because the only open lounge is in Schengen, and starting next week, landside as well.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
because of the continuing lounge closures, many Senator lounges accept J and FTL passengers.
Got it. Thank you for clarifying. Even with the F&B being fairly similar across the board, which lounge would you recommend (between business and senator lounges)?
Old Aug 29, 2021, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201
Got it. Thank you for clarifying. Even with the F&B being fairly similar across the board, which lounge would you recommend (between business and senator lounges)?
SEN would be better than Business & the SEN lounge nearest your gate, so likely A50
slsgsoccer0201 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 6:30 pm

Programs: General member, former 1P
Hello, FT Nation. My wife and son (13yo) are flying MCO-FRA-MRS next week and have a long layover in Frankfurt. Both US citizens, both fully vaxxed with appropriate documentation. I was looking at buying them lounge day passes from the LH website. No status or premium cabin. A few questions:

1. Is a negative test result required for lounge entry? Or is their proof of vax sufficient?

2. Are the required to download any app or similar online regime?

3. What is the “best” lounge? The LH site offers my the business lounge at A26, the business lounge at A13, or “Lufthansa Lounge A” near A50. Thanks in advance for the insights of everyone here.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by flavorflav
Hello, FT Nation. My wife and son (13yo) are flying MCO-FRA-MRS next week and have a long layover in Frankfurt. Both US citizens, both fully vaxxed with appropriate documentation. I was looking at buying them lounge day passes from the LH website. No status or premium cabin. A few questions:

1. Is a negative test result required for lounge entry? Or is their proof of vax sufficient?

2. Are the required to download any app or similar online regime?

3. What is the “best” lounge? The LH site offers my the business lounge at A26, the business lounge at A13, or “Lufthansa Lounge A” near A50. Thanks in advance for the insights of everyone here.
1. Negative test or proof of vaccination. One is enough

2. No, the Luca app is not mandatory but would fasten the entry process to the lounge; however, they could also enter the lounge by showing their vaccination cards and filling out the paper form when entering the lounge.

3. A50 Senator Lounge is more spacious compared to the other lounges and might have better offerings if LH decides to differentiate Business/Senator Lounge offerings by then; if your kids are planning to have a shower, A26 is the old First Class Lounge so has better shower facilities if that is a priority.

Also, just to let you know that they could also purchase entry at the lounge entrance via credit card. No advance purchase is required for lounge access and advance purchase does not come with any discount.
SkyTeam777 and Earthman like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Are business class pax with no status still allowed entry to the Senator lounge? So would you recommend going down to A50 ?
if you are non Schengen and being bussed,where are you dropped off if you want to head to the Schengen A gates ? Is it somewhere well signed and handy or a long walk ?
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
As of today, Senator lounges are still available. For departures from A gates, A50 is advisable.

If you are non-Schengen and bussed, you can be dropped off in several places. The route can be long and twisted, but is always reasonably well signed.
ual744777sta, Earthman and chris63 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From LH.com it seems that MXP has reopened
Old Sep 16, 2021, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any decent nosh at MXP? It used to be good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.