Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LE2
Could someone recommend a FRA lounge that I could use on my layover LHR-FRA-YVR next Thursday

I’m arriving in FRA at 9.05 and my connecting flights departs at 13.35 ie 4.5 hour layover.
I’m travelling alone and looking for a quiet place where I can have a nap for a couple of hours and possibly a shower.
I’m a non-status Business Class passenger.
The LH website says that I have access to Senator Lounges; however, reading above this appears to be no longer the case.
Any recommendations?
As a Business Class passenger, you will have access to the Senator Lounge. No status required.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:07 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SFO777
As a Business Class passenger, you will have access to the Senator Lounge. No status required.
Thanks for confirming!

Any recommendations on which lounge to use based on my requirements?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LE2
Thanks for confirming!

Any recommendations on which lounge to use based on my requirements?
If your YVR flight departs from Z go to the Z Senator Lounge, although if the Z Business Lounge is open you would be sent upstairs to the Business section.
If your YVR flight departs from B go to the B43 Senator Lounge.

At the moment, the offerings at all Senator & Business Lounge's at FRA are the same thus the branding of the lounge wouldn't matter.
Just to note that the A26 and B24 Business Lounge's still have the to-go concept for those unvaccinated and for those who doesn't have a negative COVID test issued within the last 24 hours, so avoid those if possible.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:51 am
LE2

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If your YVR flight departs from Z go to the Z Senator Lounge, although if the Z Business Lounge is open you would be sent upstairs to the Business section.
If your YVR flight departs from B go to the B43 Senator Lounge.

At the moment, the offerings at all Senator & Business Lounge's at FRA are the same thus the branding of the lounge wouldn't matter.
Just to note that the A26 and B24 Business Lounge's still have the to-go concept for those unvaccinated and for those who doesn't have a negative COVID test issued within the last 24 hours, so avoid those if possible.
Great advice (especially about avoiding the A26 and B24 lounges).

Thanks!

Last edited by LE2; Aug 8, 2021 at 1:13 pm
Old Aug 8, 2021, 2:16 pm

No more tests or vaccination cards needed anymore for the lounges in Frankfurt. The german state of Hesse removed this requirement for indoor dining, so this applies to the lounges as well. Got in Friday and today without showing proof.
chris63, FlyerLX and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Are the showers in A26 open? A26 is notorious for having the best bathrooms as it is a former FCL location.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Henmar
No more tests or vaccination cards needed anymore for the lounges in Frankfurt. The german state of Hesse removed this requirement for indoor dining, so this applies to the lounges as well. Got in Friday and today without showing proof.
Fabulous

Post of the Month
FlyerLX and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Are the showers in A26 open? A26 is notorious for having the best bathrooms as it is a former FCL location.
I have no idea, maybe another poster could help.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I apologize if this is off-topic. I will be connecting YVR-FRA-HEL this December on LH business. Any thoughts on if 1h40m is enough to transfer and enjoy a lounge for a bit, or if I should change to a 5h25m layover instead? Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by yogibearla
I apologize if this is off-topic. I will be connecting YVR-FRA-HEL this December on LH business. Any thoughts on if 1h40m is enough to transfer and enjoy a lounge for a bit, or if I should change to a 5h25m layover instead? Thanks
I would go for the short transfer, if you miss it, they will rebook you in the longer one.

If you had access to the FCL/FCT, 2/3 hours could be OK, but no way in the Biz/Sen lounge.
chris63, Dover2Golf and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yogibearla
1h40min is pretty much enough.
As the previous poster, more4less , mentioned; it wouldn't be worth taking a longer layover just for the Biz/Sen Lounges.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
I am traveling LH F through FRA on 9/1. In the past I had access to the FCT when arriving in LH first, departing LH biz. Is this still the case?

Last edited by Surface Interval; Aug 11, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Henmar
We were in the Senator lounge (B) today 11 august. They were checking required documents (vaccination / proof of recovery / negative test).

A family were denied entry since their 6 year old didn't have a negative test result.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Surface Interval
I am traveling LH F through FRA on 9/1. In the past I had access to the FCT when arriving in LH first, departing LH biz. Is this still the case?
FCT reopens on 1st September & will then be the only FCL in operation at FRA, yes you would be able to use it arriving in F connecting to J.
Surface Interval likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:53 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Originally Posted by Janingo
We were in the Senator lounge (B) today 11 august. They were checking required documents (vaccination / proof of recovery / negative test).

A family were denied entry since their 6 year old didn't have a negative test result.
I'm in A13 right now and they similarly checked vax cards before boarding passes for entry.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.