Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by catahoulafriend
So I read through the thread and think I have an understanding however I’m looking for clarification/confirmation from the community. Family and I are flying to ZAG via IAD & FRA next week. UA leg from IAD to FRA is in Polaris. My wife and I are fully vaccinated (possessing CDC vax confirmation cards). Kids are 6 & 3 yrs. So to enter the LH lounge in non-schengen terminal at FRA, our kids do not need a negative PCR test taken within 24 hrs (due to their age...I think I read here 6 yr or younger are exempt…)?? Adults download the Luca app, and show vax cards, and should be able to enter? Does the Luca app say anything about vax status for foreigners (we’re USA citizens). Anything I’m missing? Thanks for the feedback!
FWIW, following up here, we “winged it” w/6-yr old, fibbing to the lounge agent at FRA that he is “5”. My wife and I showed our vaccine cards and the family was let in w/o any issues. I appreciate the understanding from our community—I don’t mean to overtly disrespect the rules, however after 17 hrs of flying, the opportunity for a nice table, healthy breakfast food, and cold German beer b/f our connecting flight was too good to pass up.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
MUC non-Shengen Senator is packed this morning. I know they only opened the non-Schengen lounge recently, but it might be time to open the Business Class lounge as well.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Senator Lounge FRA Gate B43

My experience at the Senator Lounge FRA Gate B43

- wasn’t too crowded

​​​​​​- love being over aircraft gates ( love aviation )

- minimal self service food options with an attendant serving minimal ( 2 ) hot options

- spa and showers open

freefalcon likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The lounge list is bizarre, in Croatia 🇭🇷 no offering at Zagreb, Split or Dubrovnik, lounges are open but LH won’t pay, yet they offer a lounge at Zadar
Old Jul 30, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
Some info about the Lufthansa lounge in MXP? Is it still closed?
Old Jul 30, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Unless you have *G status, a LOT J ticket wouldn't grant you into the Senator Lounge. Same applies for LH Group tickets.

J pax ( without *G ) and FTL members could only access Senator Lounge's when the Business Lounge in that area is closed. For your case, there were both Business and Senator Lounge's open at the G gate level in MUC thus you were asked to use the Business Class lounge.
I'm travelling DUB FRA JMK on LH business class in about a month(no Status and have an EU Digital Covid Cert for full vaccination)
I know a lot can change between this and then covid wise but I presume, I'll go through a passport control into the Schengen area and access a Schengen lounge
Is this going to be a long walk? We have a 4.5 hour lay over
What lounge will we be heading to, presumably not Senator? What food and drink will be available around 9am untill one pm? Are there showers?
Do we need an app to enter or will our boarding pass and EU DCC qr code suffice?

Question is to yourself and or anyone that can help
I'm not familiar with FRA at all
Thank you
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Earthman
I'm travelling DUB FRA JMK on LH business class in about a month(no Status and have an EU Digital Covid Cert for full vaccination)
I know a lot can change between this and then covid wise but I presume, I'll go through a passport control into the Schengen area and access a Schengen lounge
Is this going to be a long walk? We have a 4.5 hour lay over
What lounge will we be heading to, presumably not Senator? What food and drink will be available around 9am untill one pm? Are there showers?
Do we need an app to enter or will our boarding pass and EU DCC qr code suffice?

Question is to yourself and or anyone that can help
I'm not familiar with FRA at all
Thank you
I can't speak about the walk as your arrival and departure gates would vary depending on the day.
It makes sense to use the Schengen Lounges and most likely you would be using the A13 Schengen Business Lounge. There is another one at A26 but that's only a seating area for those non-vaccinated and who doesn't have a valid test. About until 11am-12pm there would be breakfast offerings and then it would switch to lunch offerings somewhere between.

The Luca App is not mandatory and you could always enter the lounges by showing your vaccination certificate to the lounge agents; though, they might ask you to fill out a contact tracing form which shouldn't be a pain.
Earthman likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it still possible for SEN to use the lounges on arrivals or is that banned due to CV19.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:51 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by chris63
The lounge list is bizarre, in Croatia 🇭🇷 no offering at Zagreb, Split or Dubrovnik, lounges are open but LH won’t pay, yet they offer a lounge at Zadar
Not true. I flew ZAG to FRA today and enjoyed whatever communal lounge is available to Star Alliance Gold members.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are drinks still served from the back in ZAG?
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Here is a brief review of the MUC H24 SEN Lounge

* There was a queue upon entry as the agents needed to remind some people to wear a FFP2/KN95 mask. People who didn't have one were advised to purchase one from the duty-free store.
* The lounge was almost at capacity around 10:45 when I entered the lounge. Breakfast offerings were in place at that moment. The breakfast hot dish was scrambled eggs with mushrooms.
* Around 11:00-11:15, the offerings changed to lunch offerings, where the hot dishes were a pasta with tomato sauce and a goulash soup. Both were delicious.
* All hot food were served by chefs. Pre-packaged and pre-plated snacks/aperitifs such as pretzels, puddings, mini-salads were self served.
* Mövenpick branded ice-cream was available at the lounge. Ice cream was self-service.
* All drinks including water should be requested from the bar. The bar is open with full service and the bartenders would craft a cocktail if you wish.
* There wasn't any wait for showers when I asked for one around 11:45
* The lounge got empty when the noon-bank US departures were boarding
* The phone cubbies were closed due to COVID. No written literature as well
* Also as the Business Lounge next door was closed, all J pax and FTL cardholders were admitted into the SEN Lounge.

Conclusion: Satisfying and could conclude that the lounge has decent offerings. Much better than what I experienced at the EWR SEN Lounge.

seanp7, gusd and freefalcon like this.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
The lounge offerings at IAD right at the moment are very sad - some prepackaged salads/sandwiches, chips, and canned drinks. Given that some restaurants in the airport are open and serving food and alcohol, there seems to be no legal reason for LH not increasing the selection. It was very disappointing.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: Lifemiles, Marriott Titanium,
Anybody knows what lounge is LH using at PHL? They just started to fly again PHL-FRA this month. They used to use United Club but that is closed. Flying in 3 weeks to FRA. Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:26 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Today B43 so-called Senator lounge is a complete zoo. Packed full because it seems every gold card from every far-flung Star member is allowed in with multiple kids, guests and hell only knows what... I’m sure 30% of what is in here shouldn’t be here.....screeching kids running around..... The poor catering contractors rushed off their feet... Queues for mass catering McDonalds lunch food as soon as the rubber scrambled eggs are removed... Even the toilets are packed full!! It really is no enjoyment at all.

Whatever LH do with M&M and lounges in future, they really have got to restore some exclusivity. Why do UA/SQ etc not have their own lounges here? I know AC do but it’s small. It would relieve a bit of pressure at least...
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Today B43 so-called Senator lounge is a complete zoo. Packed full because it seems every gold card from every far-flung Star member is allowed in with multiple kids, guests and hell only knows what... I’m sure 30% of what is in here shouldn’t be here.....screeching kids running around..... The poor catering contractors rushed off their feet... Queues for mass catering McDonalds lunch food as soon as the rubber scrambled eggs are removed... Even the toilets are packed full!! It really is no enjoyment at all.

Whatever LH do with M&M and lounges in future, they really have got to restore some exclusivity. Why do UA/SQ etc not have their own lounges here? It would relieve a bit of pressure at least...
Pax numbers are no where near where they were. Premium traffic is down. Closed lounges are the issue, add in FTL and Business Class and the handful of F/HON pax in that little exclusive zone.
Fabo.sk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.