Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2021, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Transit doesn't mean you can choose to ignore the law of the place you are at. All of MUC is FFP2 territory.
They may or may not have some good reason for that law. However, it seems to me that the lounges are the only places at MUC where it's actually enforced. And it's quite obvious that they can't have the police walking around arresting all ignorant transfer passengers that are wearing the wrong type of mask in the terminal. There are probably thousands of such transfer passengers every day. The few cells that are available at the airport would quickly turn into sardine cans. Which means that in reality, it's a double standard.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by gmt4
I was a transit passenger. Having FFP only is not required on an aircraft or in the airport. Not required in the rest of the country either. Bavaria trying to be different for no good reason.
They use to provide you a mask if you didnt have the correct type. I was there the first day they (LH aircraft and FRA lounge) stopped accepting the cloth mask. They would provide you a surgical mask if you didn't have one.
I guess they stopped that service.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Transit doesn't mean you can choose to ignore the law of the place you are at. All of MUC is FFP2 territory.

https://www.munich-airport.com/trave...ndemic-8395611
Wear FFP2 ??
That is pretty high requirement since that’s the mask equivalent to N95, which are quite expensive. How do the provide everyone with N95 masks?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Kleffen
Wear FFP2 ??
That is pretty high requirement since that’s the mask equivalent to N95, which are quite expensive. How do the provide everyone with N95 masks?
they are less than 1 Euro per piece- that should be affordable by anyone who can afford a plan ticket…
flospi likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Any update on the status of the FCT?
jonapet89 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by eng3
They use to provide you a mask if you didnt have the correct type. I was there the first day they (LH aircraft and FRA lounge) stopped accepting the cloth mask. They would provide you a surgical mask if you didn't have one.
I guess they stopped that service.
No, both MUC and the LH lounges have them handy and give them to you on request.
EdV and Stil like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
No, both MUC and the LH lounges have them handy and give them to you on request.
That's not true. If they had masks to give then there would have been no issue and I'd never would have posted I'd been turned away. There were around six of us that got turned away when I was in line Saturday at MUC and the lounge attendant said they do not give masks. I'm sure there were many more that got told the same thing. They referred us to the duty free shop across from the lounge to buy them for 3.95. I wasn't going to buy an FFP mask during a short layover just to throw it away after I got a pretzel to go. Its was a waste of money and its a ridiculous rule. A ridiculous rule that's not enforced outside of the LH lounge. Even some LH cabin crew were walking around the gate area with blue masks so that also shows how much no one cares about this policy inside the terminal.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
That's not true. If they had masks to give then there would have been no issue and I'd never would have posted I'd been turned away. There were around six of us that got turned away when I was in line Saturday at MUC and the lounge attendant said they do not give masks. I'm sure there were many more that got told the same thing. They referred us to the duty free shop across from the lounge to buy them for 3.95. I wasn't going to buy an FFP mask during a short layover just to throw it away after I got a pretzel to go. Its was a waste of money and its a ridiculous rule. A ridiculous rule that's not enforced outside of the LH lounge. Even some LH cabin crew were walking around the gate area with blue masks so that also shows how much no one cares about this policy inside the terminal.
When they started the no-cloth mask requirement, there were a lot less people entering the lounge. I guess they could "afford" to give out free masks then.
This rule applied to flights as well. It would be interesting if they started turning away passengers on flights in MUC with no FFP mask.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eng3
When they started the no-cloth mask requirement, there were a lot less people entering the lounge. I guess they could "afford" to give out free masks then.
This rule applied to flights as well. It would be interesting if they started turning away passengers on flights in MUC with no FFP mask.
LH did have the blue medical masks on board the aircraft, a passenger seated in front of me asked for and received a replacement for his with a broken elastic band.

MUC G gates were very crowded Saturday so there would have been many thousands of people affected. I'm sure its been like this every day since travel options opened up. I wouldn't expect them to crack down hard on the type mask rule (FFP vs Blue) unless the incidence rate ticks significantly upward. The trend across the country has been to ease mask restrictions in the face of decreasing numbers. I suppose if they wanted to be jerks about it they could crack down, but perhaps actually they're reasonable and intelligent enough to realize there's little harm in people transiting for short periods of time.

I will be transiting back thru MUC this coming Friday (with a blue mask!) and will ask the lounge dragon for the lowdown on if there really are any free FFPs to give out, and see if they can tell me why only the LH lounge enforces the Bundesland weit FFP maskenpflict. I bet I will get a typical non-answer like they are enforcing the law and that they can't speak for anyone else.

Last edited by gmt4; Jun 28, 2021 at 8:06 am
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:40 am
Suspended

LH did have the blue medical masks on board the aircraft, a passenger seated in front of me asked for and received a replacement for his with a broken elastic band.

MUC G gates were very crowded Saturday so there would have been many thousands of people affected. I'm sure its been like this every day since travel options opened up. I wouldn't expect them to crack down hard on the type mask rule (FFP vs Blue) unless the incidence rate ticks significantly upward. The trend across the country has been to ease mask restrictions in the face of decreasing numbers. I suppose if they wanted to be jerks about it they could crack down, but perhaps actually they're reasonable and intelligent enough to realize there's little harm in people transiting for short periods of time.

I will be transiting back thru MUC this coming Friday (with a blue mask!) and will ask the lounge dragon for the lowdown on if there really are any free FFPs to give out, and see if they can tell me why only the LH lounge enforces the Bundesland weit FFP maskenpflict. I bet I will get a typical non-answer like they are enforcing the law and that they can't speak for anyone else.
I believe this requirement is because MUC is in a different German "state" than FRA -- and I believe the law in MUC is still that these masks are required in enclosed spaces -- such as lounges. I do believe that in the airport itself your normal surgical masks will be fine -- but if you were to enter an enclosed space you are supposed to wear a higher standard mask.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by WestPoint86
I believe this requirement is because MUC is in a different German "state" than FRA -- and I believe the law in MUC is still that these masks are required in enclosed spaces -- such as lounges. I do believe that in the airport itself your normal surgical masks will be fine -- but if you were to enter an enclosed space you are supposed to wear a higher standard mask.
You are correct on the State issue, MUC is in Bavaria while FRA is in Hesse. Bavaria right now still requires FFP masks in all public transit including in the airport while Hesse permits blue surgical masks in FRA, so in MUC it isn't just a lounge requirement but an entire airport requirement, that being said, and as others above have mentioned it is just a level of enforcement issue.
WestPoint86 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:10 pm

Yes, the day they banned the cloth masks, they were handing out blue masks onboard.
If they suddenly stopped handing out masks (or started an FFP requirement and didn't hand out those), I suspect there would be a pretty major impact).

Now the one or two times in FRA where I saw someone with a cloth mask in the lounge, it did take a while for them to get the person a blue mask. They seemed to be looking around in various drawers and cabinets to find them. But again, this was only a few people. Perhaps, they have FFP masks in MUC but ran out?
Old Jul 1, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
The 24-hour rule regarding negative test is quite strict. Does anyone know if they show any leniency with that for kids? The lounge policy does not say, so I’m assuming it’s the same age requirement as for entry to Germany… a child 6 and over will need a test that was taken within 24 hours from lounge entry. Is this correct?

If enforced, I would expect many families to be turned away…
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
For indoor dining he law in Hessen requires a negative test that is <24h old for all persons above 6y that are not vaccinated/recovered: https://www.hessen.de/fuer-buerger/c...ten-und-hotels
Old Jul 2, 2021, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
For indoor dining he law in Hessen requires a negative test that is <24h old for all persons above 6y that are not vaccinated/recovered: https://www.hessen.de/fuer-buerger/c...ten-und-hotels
Is this even if you are double vaccinated? Might be tricky for transit passengers I am guessing to access since most PCR tests, certainly in the UK, take more than 24 hours to come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.