Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Pax numbers are no where near where they were. Premium traffic is down. Closed lounges are the issue, add in FTL and Business Class and the handful of F/HON pax in that little exclusive zone.
Yes, and did they finally do something at B43 SEN lounge for HON & F pax ?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes there's a roped off area in the corner by the giant CITY LIGHTS sign, opposite to the bar. I'd feel a right pillock sitting there though. It's only dining tables and looks very stiff. I can imagine Hyacinth Bucket pushing pax out of the way to get there and being rather disappointed!
chris63 and FriendlyConfines like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Yes there's a roped off area in the corner by the giant CITY LIGHTS sign, opposite to the bar. I'd feel a right pillock sitting there though. It's only dining tables and looks very stiff. I can imagine Hyacinth Bucket pushing pax out of the way to get there and being rather disappointed!

Do my best to avoid that then !
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is this problem due to the fact that a lot of lounges are still closed, so everybody is stuffing themselves into the remaining open lounges? For me, one of the biggest problems is kids in lounges. I'm one of these that thinks business lounges are not places for kids, but you have to be a bit careful what you write here because a lot of FTers have kids (which is good of course). So we just have to muck in together and try and get on together!
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:31 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is this problem due to the fact that a lot of lounges are still closed, so everybody is stuffing themselves into the remaining open lounges
Well my sense is: not really, because most LH lounges are open again according to the lounge finder and, apart from the little AC maple thing there arent (please do correct me if Im wrong) any other Star lounges at FRA... Im not sure if theyre still doing their cough up a couple of Euro at the entrance... Certainly feels like it from the type of individuals hanging around here who have no idea how a premium lounge is supposed to run...

Originally Posted by Concerto

For me, one of the biggest problems is kids in lounges. I'm one of these that thinks business lounges are not places for kids, but you have to be a bit careful what you write here
Oh Im not careful about that... I completely agree with you and I say it... Kids under 12 should not be allowed in, or at least not into higher than business lounges... They gain nothing from it and their parents are just being selfish because, instead of taking them somewhere more suited to kids, they insist on making use of their lounge entitlement and making the ambiance miserable for everyone else. I think it shouldnt be allowed.
[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by FlyerLX
Kids under 12 should not be allowed in, or at least not into higher than business lounges... They gain nothing from it and their parents are just being selfish because, instead of taking them somewhere more suited to kids, they insist on making use of their lounge entitlement and making the ambiance miserable for everyone else. I think it shouldnt be allowed.
I think it would be great if you don't make sweeping statements like that.

I've earned access to SEN lounges and my kids should be allowed in and I am responsible that they act appropriately.

If you have an issue with disruptive people in lounges you should really complain to at least the dragons, if not LH feedback channels.

You should do that whether they are misbehaving kids or some DYKWIA shouting into his conference call from the middle of the quiet area.
curt, MichielR, cas_de and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by supine
I think it would be great if you don't make sweeping statements like that.
If you look at them theyre actually quite specific.

I've earned access to SEN lounges and my kids should be allowed in.
Thats the point: I dont know about every individual but Im assuming most kids havent earned status in their own right. If they have, and if there are enough of them, LH could make special provision for them rather than impact the peace and quiet of status lounges.

If you have an issue with disruptive people in lounges you should really complain to at least the dragons
... Who will do nothing at all, or who will have a quiet word which will be completely ignored...

if not LH feedback channels.
... Which will elicit a standard sorry to hear reply....

You should do that whether they are misbehaving kids or some DYKWIA shouting into his conference call from the middle of the quiet area.
I object to them just as much.
EdV likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Ah here we go again, everyones favorite topic.

My kids have been frequent FCL/FCT and other lounge visitors and have behaved much better than many of the other guests. My kids dont shout at their assistants through mobile phones, they remain polite to staff and they leave the lounges in a similar state to how they found them.

Not saying adults should be banned from the lounges as it is much more nuanced than that. It is about peoples behavior and that is valid for children as much as it is for adults.

You cant blame parents who are going on holiday bringing their kids into the lounge. Maybe you can blame LH for not having enough capacity and at a stretch you could make a point that lounge access for family members should be restricted when lounges are at capacity. But mostly you can blame individual parents of misbehaving children and those of misbehaving adults as well, as pointless as it might be. Do not generalize and punish the well behaved families because of a few bad apples.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by MichielR
...mostly you can blame individual parents of misbehaving children....
Well, it would certainly be a start if LH made clear some expectations around lounges being quiet and peaceful spaces, and became a bit more assertive in making those expectations reality... But then they would be pushing into the realms of cultural norms, personal approaches to parenting... Strikes me as much simpler and fairer to just allow access from 12 years old.
Do not generalize and punish the well behaved families because of a few bad apples.
All rules entail some generalisation. There are lots of rules around lounges already. I would like one around a sensible age for access.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: LH SEN
If you look at them theyre actually quite specific.
There is no nuance in "ban all kids under 12".

Thats the point: I dont know about every individual but Im assuming most kids havent earned status in their own right. If they have, and if there are enough of them, LH could make special provision for them rather than impact the peace and quiet of status lounges.
So ban adult guests too? They have not earned their access. They are sometimes disruptive. Fits your criteria for a ban.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 5:40 am

There is no nuance in "ban all kids under 12".

So ban adult guests too? They have not earned their access. They are sometimes disruptive. Fits your criteria for a ban.
Well... Would certainly help with the lounge overcrowding at B43 😂
supine likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 6:43 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Ah here we go again, everyone’s favorite topic.

My kids have been frequent FCL/FCT and other lounge visitors and have behaved much better than many of the other guests. My kids don’t shout at their assistants through mobile phones, they remain polite to staff and they leave the lounges in a similar state to how they found them.

Not saying adults should be banned from the lounges as it is much more nuanced than that. It is about people’s behavior and that is valid for children as much as it is for adults.

You can’t blame parents who are going on holiday bringing their kids into the lounge. Maybe you can blame LH for not having enough capacity and at a stretch you could make a point that lounge access for family members should be restricted when lounges are at capacity. But mostly you can blame individual parents of misbehaving children and those of misbehaving adults as well, as pointless as it might be. Do not generalize and punish the well behaved families because of a few bad apples.
My thoughts exactly. Most kids I've seen or met in the FCL/FCT were lovely and very well behaved.
I think the issue lies in the lack of capacity, the lack of care from some parents and the fact that it appears everybody and their dog is at least FTL nowadays (*G can't actually bring more than one guest in to the lounge), which is of course untrue, but everybody is being cramped in to two or three lounges were there used to be ten or more so it does appear that way.

I personally have a distaste of overcrowded places and I do dislike the lack of quite areas in lounges, but banning the kids is not a solution imho... Banning ill behaved adults on the other hand... We might be on to something there.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 9:29 am

Im sure LH does ban characters from its lounges if they cant conduct themselves properly... Quite rightly. They may well remove their MM membership altogether.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:13 am

When will all this stupid hysteria end, and when will normality return...?
When us, the citizens of the countries in the world put our foot down and say enough is enough. Otherwise, things will only get worse. Let's not forget, the politicians and various unelected bureaucrats are there to serve us, not the other way around.

I know, a bit off topic, but couldn't help to answer there rhetorical question
chris63, PeaSouper, SFO777 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Traveller121; Aug 6, 2021 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 7, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Do you still need the luca app to access lounges?
what's its full title,it doesn't appear on the Irish play store for android
I know you can fill out a locator form at the desk but tge app seems handy
Tbanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.