Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:20 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All airlines of any size have suspended refunding tickets, the amadeus TA forum is full of confused agents... Every airline is giving out these vouchers now, EK is the only one who is offering 720 day vouchers. Something must have happened last week on a IATA level because the block has been implemented on the BSP, which is the clearing house for all tickets issued by IATA airlines & agents.
SK also? They had been behaving admirably up until recently, in making it easy for pax to get refunds.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AF-KL policy
http://image.email.bluebiz.info/lib/...31064f657d.pdf

Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by progapanda
Lufthansa have gotten wind of us using European and US DOT rules to push for refunds within 7 days. Here's a statement I just saw from them on the Lufthansa USA Twitter account (bolding mine):

"Hi, here's our statement: "Refunds continue to remain possible. Our service centers, however, are at present giving priority to necessary rebookings and the coordination of repatriation flights. We are also aware of the legal situation, and refunds of course continue to remain possible. We kindly ask for your understanding that due to the current situation it is not possible to uphold the usual deadlines."

This, to me, seems like LH is throwing down the gauntlet and betting that regulators will turn a blind eye to their (in)action.
At least LH responded. LX has ignored me:

Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:16 am

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
All airlines of any size have suspended refunding tickets, the amadeus TA forum is full of confused agents... Every airline is giving out these vouchers now, EK is the only one who is offering 720 day vouchers. Something must have happened last week on a IATA level because the block has been implemented on the BSP, which is the clearing house for all tickets issued by IATA airlines & agents.
Thanks for the information - although this is a bit too technical for me

I talked to LH yesterday and asked to cancel my above-mentioned reservation (four segments, three of which showing cancelled by LH in "My Bookings") and get a refund. Based on thread here I was prepared to have to "fight back" attempts to get me to rebook or get a voucher, but none of that. The agent just said OK, will do that, and I received the etix cancellation email minutes later. Reservation is no longer in "My Bookings"

Should I be worried for my refund now ?
Thanks, J-
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by JudgeJ

I talked to LH yesterday and asked to cancel my above-mentioned reservation (four segments, three of which showing cancelled by LH in "My Bookings") and get a refund. Based on thread here I was prepared to have to "fight back" attempts to get me to rebook or get a voucher, but none of that. The agent just said OK, will do that, and I received the etix cancellation email minutes later. Reservation is no longer in "My Bookings"

Thanks, J-
What does the cancellation e-mail say? From my experience with LX, cancellation =/ refund.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Thanks, J-
I think it may be a bit of a wait for the refund. Does the cancellation email specify whether you or the airline cancelled?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: Grounded ex-Flyer
Email title is "etix Cancellation Confirmation" , email body is
[Lufthansa logo]
Cancellation confirmation
Lufthansa booking code:
XXYYZZ

Lufthansa Service Center
Phone: +49 (0) 69 86 799 799

Passenger information
J / Judge J / MrsJudge
J / Junior (child)

This reservation was cancelled on 23. March 2020.

Kind regards
Lufthansa German Airlines

(and to be clear, it's LH, not LX)
Thanks,
J-
Old Mar 24, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Laws are broken all the time especially by the big firms. Look at BA with Virgin. Volkswagen...

Think how difficult it is to get EC261 in the best of times.

I am sure IATA do not advocate violating local laws.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 10:25 am

Email title is "etix Cancellation Confirmation" , email body is
[Lufthansa logo]
Cancellation confirmation
Lufthansa booking code:
XXYYZZ

Lufthansa Service Center
Phone: +49 (0) 69 86 799 799

Passenger information
J / Judge J / MrsJudge
J / Junior (child)

This reservation was cancelled on 23. March 2020.

Kind regards
Lufthansa German Airlines

(and to be clear, it's LH, not LX)
Thanks,
J-
And was this a refundable fare? If so, I think the 'natural' refund will come through quickly. If not, I'm not sure.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:42 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I'm past the 15 day mark waiting for a refund on a refundable N fare! It seems like the flows for all refunds, natural or ones less so, are being affected.

Originally Posted by capedreamer
And was this a refundable fare? If so, I think the 'natural' refund will come through quickly. If not, I'm not sure.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by progapanda
I'm past the 15 day mark waiting for a refund on a refundable N fare! It seems like the flows for all refunds, natural or ones less so, are being affected.
Wow. Even more disappointing (though not surprising).
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Cancelled my April 2nd flgt to USA last wk via my TA & received the refund from LH in 3 days !
Cancelled 2nd flgt yesterday 1st May to USA via TA & now it went through BSP & told it will around 40 days to receive the refund.....
Regarding SEN line got through today to German No. in 30 seconds to ask about a 3rd flgt to USA which is now also cancelled & was offered a refund without any question back to the card ( booked lh.com) received the same email as previous posting after ' cancelled flight' but no mention of refund in the text , will see how long it takes to hit the account.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT policy makes a joke of LH

Take a look at the way LOT are wiping the floor with LH Group (and many other crappy carriers right now) policy:

Following the Law.

Flight cancelled: 1) rebook for free, no upsell, for one year plus a 30% discount on fare for future booking
2) Change destination, with 200 PLN discount if fare is higher.
3) Refund: in full not a voucher

Flight NOT cancelled

1) Change date with a 200 PLN discount if fare is higher.
2) Refund per fare conditions

The form on the website is geared up to rebook pax without payment, making it very easy for agents to rebook pax who want to change date. It will be a very easy job for them. They push not to take a refund but it’s clear they will give you one.

LH Group, BArb (no surprise there) are a total joke and IATA should be ashamed they blatantly breach EU and domestic laws plus their own CoC with scam rebook policies and refunds.

Spohr take heed of your Polish friends across the border and put your loyal pax first.

Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, hugolover LOT is really stepping up to the plate on this, though I deduct a few micropoints for your abject failure to refer to her by her proper name - Basia
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:25 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Data point: I had a booking to BCN for this week-end. I called a few minutes ago the service center, was connected fairly quickly. The agent confirmed the flights were cancelled (never received a notification and Manage your Booking was not clear), proposed the voucher thingie or a full refund. Full refund taken and the agent processed the cancellation. I am supposed to receive an email with confirmation of cancellation + refund (not received yet) and the full refund to be processed (10 days but might be longer). Will see what actually happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.