New qualifying points system for status from 2021

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 29, 19, 10:11 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: oliver2002
Wiki Link
All the changes are listed on the official M&M Website: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ts/update.html

Starting 2021, the system for earning status changes. From then on, status points are earned by cabin and segment flown:

Regional flights will earn 5 points in Economy and Premium Economy, 10 points in First and Business class per segment
Intercontinental flights, ie flights between two IATA regions, will earn 15 points in Economy, 20 in Premium Economy, 50 in Business and 70 in First class segments

There will be two kinds of points : qualifying points (QP): earned with M&M integrated partners (LH/EW/LX/OS/LO/OU/LG/etc) and normal points : earned with other partners like the airlines in the Star Alliance. QP can be earned on LH Airrail train segments, but are capped at 40/120/250 per year for FTL/SEN/HON.

'Frequent Traveler' (FTL, equivalent to *S) status is given to members with 160 points (of which atleast 80 need to be QP), 'Senator' (SEN, *G) to members with 480 points (of which atleast 240 need to be QP). HON Circle (HON) is awarded after reaching 1500 QP in one year.

SEN will receive two evouchers upon qualification each year, HON 4 evouchers. There will be no rollover of QP, but for members who exceed the qualification QP level, M&M will grant the following benefits:
FTL: Mileage exchange for QP at 200 qualifying points
SEN: 2 eVoucher at 700 qualifying points; 15,000 award miles at 1,000 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 1,300 qualifying points
HON:2 eVoucher at 1,800 qualifying points; 30,000 award miles at 2,100 qualifying points; 2 eVoucher at 2,400 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 2,700 qualifying points; Senator partner card at 3,000 qualifying points

The system of status miles, HON Circle miles, select miles, and status star points will be abolished at the end of 2020. Any status earned prior to that will be honored. Any HON Circle miles earned in 2020 will be credited as QP in the ratio 200:1. Status star points earned till end of 2020 will converted to lifetime QP at a ration of 2:1.

Members with a lifetime QP of 7500 will be awarded FTL for their lifetime. If members reach 10000 lifetime QP and have been SEN for at least a cumulative 10 years they will be awarded lifetime SEN status.

Status is always valid for the year of qualification and one additional year. HON and SEN will have a 'soft landing' ie if they cannot requalify for status, they will get a year of SEN or FTL respectively.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 5, 19, 5:54 pm
  #736  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by thbe View Post
About new qualifications for HON:
If you qualify for HON in 2019/2020 or 2020 (old system), you'll get status until Feb 2023.
If you qualify for HON in 2021 (new system), you'll get status until Feb 2023.
If you qualify for HON in 2020/2021 (special rule), you'll get status until Feb 2024.

So, if you get 600k HON miles in 2020, you*ll get HON status until Feb 2023.
My interpretation is that if you are a current HON with requal period 2020/2021, then if you collect 600k miles in 2020, you'll get status until Feb 2024, per your third case ("If you qualify for HON in 2020/2021 (special rule)...").

If you are not yet HON and you collect 600k HON miles in 2020, then I agree that you would get HON until Feb 2023, because that's how the old system worked. (It's as if your qualification period was 2019/2020.)
Recyclops is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 1:09 am
  #737  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,016
Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
My interpretation is that if you are a current HON with requal period 2020/2021, then if you collect 600k miles in 2020, you'll get status until Feb 2024, per your third case ("If you qualify for HON in 2020/2021 (special rule)...").

If you are not yet HON and you collect 600k HON miles in 2020, then I agree that you would get HON until Feb 2023, because that's how the old system worked. (It's as if your qualification period was 2019/2020.)
You are right. I was referring to new qualifications for HON, which means that you are not HON at the time of qualification.
thbe is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 10:16 am
  #738  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vienna
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 67
Are previously earned QF added to star point conversion

After reading the official information as well as the press reports, i am puzzled with the total QF calculation.


I will be 3 stars SEN by Dec 2020. I have been SEN for the last 15 years. So i will receive 7500 QF for it and this is clear.
Now will they add to these QF the flown QF for all the years since 1994? As I calculated my QF for all my flights and got 9300 QF for the period 1994-2019. If both are added, I clearly qualify for
LT SEN.
So, do they simply consider that the star points translated into QF is the final values I will have on 2021-01-01?
I could not find any answer to this question.

Thanks
myfanfan9 is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 1:09 pm
  #739  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by thbe View Post
You are right. I was referring to new qualifications for HON, which means that you are not HON at the time of qualification.
Understood! I was mostly reacting to sophialite 's comment about how she'd be better off not collecting 600k HON miles in 2020. For someone who is already HON, this is not actually something you need to worry about. Thanks for confirming we're on the same page!
Recyclops is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 1:10 pm
  #740  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by myfanfan9 View Post
After reading the official information as well as the press reports, i am puzzled with the total QF calculation.


I will be 3 stars SEN by Dec 2020. I have been SEN for the last 15 years. So i will receive 7500 QF for it and this is clear.
Now will they add to these QF the flown QF for all the years since 1994? As I calculated my QF for all my flights and got 9300 QF for the period 1994-2019. If both are added, I clearly qualify for
LT SEN.
So, do they simply consider that the star points translated into QF is the final values I will have on 2021-01-01?
I could not find any answer to this question.

Thanks
As I understand it: for the previous years you only get the points for the stars conversion. You don't get points for the flights flown.
Recyclops is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 3:11 pm
  #741  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 1,274
Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
Understood! I was mostly reacting to sophialite 's comment about how she'd be better off not collecting 600k HON miles in 2020. For someone who is already HON, this is not actually something you need to worry about. Thanks for confirming we're on the same page!
wait I donít get it. If I did 600k hon miles next year I would have validity until feb 2024 then?
sophialite is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 3:15 pm
  #742  
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 48
Originally Posted by sophialite View Post
wait I donít get it. If I did 600k hon miles next year I would have validity until feb 2024 then?
Yes. You'd meet the requalification criteria for your 2020/20201 requal under the old rules and have status until Feb 2024.
Recyclops is offline  
Old Dec 6, 19, 3:23 pm
  #743  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Programs: LH HON
Posts: 1,274
Originally Posted by Recyclops View Post
Yes. You'd meet the requalification criteria for your 2020/20201 requal under the old rules and have status until Feb 2024.
Oh cool. I probably have neither the spirit nor the will nor enough justification work or pleasure-wise to accomplish that. But it's looking like a solid 400-k450k HON mile year.
sophialite is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 9:11 am
  #744  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More - Senator
Posts: 8
Does anyone know if flights operated by TK will still only get you 25% of the qualifying status points or will that go away?
bigmak92 is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 9:34 am
  #745  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by bigmak92 View Post
Does anyone know if flights operated by TK will still only get you 25% of the qualifying status points or will that go away?
As far as I understood it will go away. You will get the points for class/ route flown
Kid Flyer is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 1:27 pm
  #746  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,016
Originally Posted by bigmak92 View Post
Does anyone know if flights operated by TK will still only get you 25% of the qualifying status points or will that go away?
You will get 100% points, but no qualifying points.
thbe is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 3:49 pm
  #747  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 2,401
As long as you don't get 0. I don't know if there are many TK classes with 0 earning on M&M but the other way round it's quite common.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Dec 9, 19, 3:58 pm
  #748  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 14,234
No, I believe that you will get points and status points BUT half your status points need to be on LH group airlines, otherwise no status. So for example 480 SP's on TK won't do it. In that case you would need at least 720 points assuming that 480 were on TK.
hfly is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 2:21 am
  #749  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maribor SLO
Programs: MM silver, Flying blue Platinum, A3 gold
Posts: 103
Just checking: I am FTL till 2-2022. If I requalify in 2020, my status will be valid till 2-2024?
Mbcan is offline  
Old Dec 11, 19, 3:18 am
  #750  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,016
Originally Posted by Mbcan View Post
Just checking: I am FTL till 2-2022. If I requalify in 2020, my status will be valid till 2-2024?
Correct.
thbe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: