Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ACflyerDE
The programme will now change from 1 January 2022 (postponed again and it will not start before 2023)
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...ts/update.html

All the changes are listed on the official M&M Website: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ts/update.html

Starting 2021, the system for earning status changes. From then on, status points are earned by cabin and segment flown:

Regional flights will earn 5 points in Economy and Premium Economy, 10 points in First and Business class per segment
Intercontinental flights, ie flights between two IATA regions, will earn 15 points in Economy, 20 in Premium Economy, 50 in Business and 70 in First class segments

There will be two kinds of points : qualifying points (QP): earned with M&M integrated partners (LH/EW/LX/OS/LO/OU/LG/etc) and normal points : earned with other partners like the airlines in the Star Alliance. QP can be earned on LH Airrail train segments, but are capped at 40/120/250 per year for FTL/SEN/HON.

'Frequent Traveler' (FTL, equivalent to *S) status is given to members with 160 points (of which atleast 80 need to be QP), 'Senator' (SEN, *G) to members with 480 points (of which atleast 240 need to be QP). HON Circle (HON) is awarded after reaching 1500 QP in one year.

SEN will receive two evouchers upon qualification each year, HON 4 evouchers. There will be no rollover of QP, but for members who exceed the qualification QP level, M&M will grant the following benefits:
FTL: Mileage exchange for QP at 200 qualifying points
SEN: 2 eVoucher at 700 qualifying points; 15,000 award miles at 1,000 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 1,300 qualifying points
HON:2 eVoucher at 1,800 qualifying points; 30,000 award miles at 2,100 qualifying points; 2 eVoucher at 2,400 qualifying points; Frequent Traveller partner card at 2,700 qualifying points; Senator partner card at 3,000 qualifying points

The system of status miles, HON Circle miles, select miles, and status star points will be abolished at the end of 2020. Any status earned prior to that will be honored. Any HON Circle miles earned in 2020 will be credited as QP in the ratio 200:1. Status star points earned till end of 2020 will converted to lifetime QP at a ration of 2:1.

Members with a lifetime QP of 7500 will be awarded FTL for their lifetime. If members reach 10000 lifetime QP and have been SEN for at least a cumulative 10 years they will be awarded lifetime SEN status.

Status is always valid for the year of qualification and one additional year. HON and SEN will have a 'soft landing' ie if they cannot requalify for status, they will get a year of SEN or FTL respectively.

Print Wikipost

New qualifying points system for status from 2024

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2019, 11:59 pm
Suspended

There is always Asiana Club where you can get Lifetime Star Alliance Gold by completing 500,000 miles and better still, you don't need to fly on Asiana Airlines.
Something for you all to ponder about.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sophialite
Keep in mind that a significant portion of those 1,000 partners is non-equity ;-)
That does in several firms not prevent them to be at the partners meetings. Our problem is always the big group from the UK, but risk management is very good in organizing this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 6:46 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by alp67
sorry, OT:
Do u mind sharing which non-OW airline flying a Firstclass to Australia would give you BA tier points? Afaik, that needs to be BA-coded to qualify?
And what would relatively cheap in numbers look like? THX.
I think there is still the EK-operated, QF-coded flights loophole. Not sure if these tickets would be cheap, though...
alp67 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Does someone know if SEN Partner awards will stay under new system ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
Does someone know if SEN Partner awards will stay under new system ?

Regards,

El Puerco Volante
until stated otherwise (and the changes have been will summarized in this thread and on the m&m website), no
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The award benefits system for SEN/HON remains unchanged. The SEN companion award (50% off) and the SEN/HON special request WL queue for gettig awards on flights that have certain revenue classes still available will remain. Only the 150% SPA goes away.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPJ
I think there is still the EK-operated, QF-coded flights loophole. Not sure if these tickets would be cheap, though...
Indeed. Considering that you can fly six segments in First on EK/QF, and upto four to six further segments in Club on BA/QF and if you need one or two more segment on Jetstar in Eco, die price ex-Germany of about 6000 EUR is amazing. You are still able to maximise on the limosine drives. I remember the best trip I did was DUS-LHR-DXB-BKK-SIN-SYD-MEL-SIN-DXB-LHR-DUS with quire a few stopovers on that route. QF even organized my car for the 8 hour meeting stop in MEL. Very good value for money.
alp67 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Purchasing SEN in 2020?

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The award benefits system for SEN/HON remains unchanged. The SEN companion award (50% off) and the SEN/HON special request WL queue for gettig awards on flights that have certain revenue classes still available will remain. Only the 150% SPA goes away.
That's great to know.

I'm wondering what the tradeoffs might be in purchasing a 1 year SEN extension, some of these perks are pretty useful to me. In 2021 qualification is under the new system, but in 2020 still under the old one.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Spending 2000€ to extend SEN is not a good idea in any scenario... Senator paid extension of status for 2000 € [merged]
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Keep in mind that a significant portion of those 1,000 partners is non-equity ;-)
Just checked with my source inside that firm. The current number is >1,200. All equity partners.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Just checked with my source inside that firm. The current number is >1,200. All equity partners.
Either that is very hard to believe and likely not the case, or there's literally only one firm in the world structured like this and I know which one it is.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: LH Senator ★
I apologize for asking similar question once again.

I am currently FTL with my qualification years 2019 and 2020 (validity until February 2021)
As I already requalified, my dead year is 2020.

I will qualify for SEN next month (December 2019)
Will this give me SEN for 2 years and therefore validity February 2022 ? And my 2020 won't be dead anymore?

Now given the upcoming changes to the program, if I get 100k status miles in 2020, will this extend my status to February 2024, making 2021 and 2022 dead years?
If yes, then that is strictly better than requalification in 2021, as then the status would be valid only until February 2023.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Either that is very hard to believe and likely not the case, or there's literally only one firm in the world structured like this and I know which one it is.
When considering professional service firms your perspective appears to be restricted to the McKinseys of this world There are quite a few of the Big4 accountancy firms structured like this. KPMG claims to have 4900 partners worldwide and in several jurisdictions they do not differentiate between EP and NEPs. The same is true for PWC with 11.000 partners. In the world of law firms you might wish to consider Dentons, which is however not a real integrated law firm but certainly with more than 2500 partners. The same is true for Baker McKenzie with about 1500 partner worldwide. The truly integrated firms like the UK Magic and Silver circle firms have reduced their partner numbers and are by far small smaller partnerwise.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by JanoSicek
I apologize for asking similar question once again.

I am currently FTL with my qualification years 2019 and 2020 (validity until February 2021)
As I already requalified, my dead year is 2020.

I will qualify for SEN next month (December 2019)
Will this give me SEN for 2 years and therefore validity February 2022 ? And my 2020 won't be dead anymore?

Now given the upcoming changes to the program, if I get 100k status miles in 2020, will this extend my status to February 2024, making 2021 and 2022 dead years?
If yes, then that is strictly better than requalification in 2021, as then the status would be valid only until February 2023.
You are right but if you qualify in 2021 you will obtain points towards LT SEN, which would not be the case if you do it in 2020
Old Nov 27, 2019, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
When considering professional service firms your perspective appears to be restricted to the McKinseys of this world There are quite a few of the Big4 accountancy firms structured like this. KPMG claims to have 4900 partners worldwide and in several jurisdictions they do not differentiate between EP and NEPs. The same is true for PWC with 11.000 partners. In the world of law firms you might wish to consider Dentons, which is however not a real integrated law firm but certainly with more than 2500 partners. The same is true for Baker McKenzie with about 1500 partner worldwide. The truly integrated firms like the UK Magic and Silver circle firms have reduced their partner numbers and are by far small smaller partnerwise.
I don’t believe all Baker McKenzie or Dentons partners are all equity. Even if they don’t distinguish externally, internally you know if you’re getting profit sharing or not. As easy as that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.