Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish Airlines - Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
https://www.aerolopa.com/lo-7m8

As seen here, LO 738 does have row 1 on both sides.

However it might be that this one flight has 1D and 1F blocked out, or that there is a wetlease airplane planned with a different configuration.
For example, Norwegian has a max with no 1DEF https://www.aerolopa.com/no-7m8
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
https://www.aerolopa.com/lo-7m8

As seen here, LO 738 does have row 1 on both sides.

However it might be that this one flight has 1D and 1F blocked out, or that there is a wetlease airplane planned with a different configuration.
For example, Norwegian has a max with no 1DEF https://www.aerolopa.com/no-7m8
How about ex-Blue Air Max'es? Blue Air was a low cost carrier, I wonder if LO will keep the low cost config or will retrofit to something more 'normal'. FYI Ryanair does not have 1DEF either and there is no bulkhead in front of 1ABC.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I don't know about BlueAir and they aren't on aerolopa.

Ryanair is not the right example as they have Max 8-200
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct its ex-B0 extremely safe modern marvel American B737 MAX.

They dont have 1DEF. The front rows are 1ABC and 2DEF. They are configured 189Y. I guess 2DEF will have a bulkhead and 1ABC will be where you sit with the crew so perhaps more space.

No wonder the fares were cheap .

1C/D on a 175 means its one of the former AZ, and they have crap legroom as well. But that can change at a drop of a hat as well as the MAX.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Many thanks for the info all!
Other than the BEY-WAW sector all flights are relatively very short sectors so seat and leg room wont present too much of an issue. For me it's more the sanity of space, easy check-in, lounge and luggage allowance. I hate arguing 1-2 kg's over at check-in...life is too short. I'm not overly impressed I have to fly a max but oh well. Good opp for me to fly something other than ow as well. PS I checked seat maps and Blue Air seat maps showed a bulk head in front of 1A and 1C on their ex Max's. If someone can confirm that would be great. Otherwise I may change to 2D and 2F as our flight from BEY departs at 0445 so a bit more quite and rest will be in order.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:57 pm
TPJ

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
so a bit more quite and rest will be in order.
There will be no quiet and rest.

I have not seen any low cost carrier that would have a bulkhead in front of 1ABC. I recently flew 2D GDN-KRK on FR and you can hear everything from the galley (including Galley FM gossips that will definitely take place on this relatively long segment). I guess there might be no curtain between C and Y, either (as Blue Air did not need it, even LO own Maxes did dot have courtains for the first year of operation). I would expect a very premium experience
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
There will be no quiet and rest.

I have not seen any low cost carrier that would have a bulkhead in front of 1ABC. I recently flew 2D GDN-KRK on FR and you can hear everything from the galley (including Galley FM gossips that will definitely take place on this relatively long segment). I guess there might be no curtain between C and Y, either (as Blue Air did not need it, even LO own Maxes did dot have courtains for the first year of operation). I would expect a very premium experience
I actually dug out a few videos of past Blue Air Max flight reviews and the bulk head was definitely there - on both sides. I'm guessing a FF with LOT may be able to shed definitive light here.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not flown on one yet. Hopefully won't... but yes, I had a look and you're right it does have a bulkhead, probably to increase galley space. Very interesting they got 189 seats in and put a bulkhead! I bet the galley situation is terrible...
I'd have thought they'd want to make them Y186 like the rest of the fleet.

By the way your 175 seats don't match anything, 175 is 1AB/CD.

Flights can be changed on the day, so this whole discussion could be pointless and you end up on a LO MAX or just a 738.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
I've not flown on one yet. Hopefully won't... but yes, I had a look and you're right it does have a bulkhead, probably to increase galley space. Very interesting they got 189 seats in and put a bulkhead! I bet the galley situation is terrible...
I'd have thought they'd want to make them Y186 like the rest of the fleet.

By the way your 175 seats don't match anything, 175 is 1AB/CD.

Flights can be changed on the day, so this whole discussion could be pointless and you end up on a LO MAX or just a 738.
I stand corrected. Our seats on our domestic 175 sector are indeed 1C 1D.
Old Feb 17, 2023, 7:47 am
TPJ

Oh boy... On lot.com you still cannot amend seat selection. SK workaround did not work today, but - to my surprise - I was able to change seats via lh.com
Old May 25, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
On LH.com I get the following on an UA award ticket:

1 error
  • The payment for this booking is incomplete, please complete the payment for this booking.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ignore it.
Old May 25, 2023, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'll ignore it as a major issue but it still won't let me look at the reservation to update a seat assignment. Back to FB Messenger, I guess.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Facebook Messenger works. I plugged the request into Facebook Messenger on the Lot Airline Facebook page:

Seat selection please. XXXXXX (record locator), last name Smith, seat requested 1A, waw-jfk, October 25. Thank you.

Determine empty seats via Expertflyer.

The automated prompts on Facebook Messenger don't seem to do much of anything; just start typing and hit enter. I checked Experflyer 15 minutes later and noted the requested seat was no longer empty. The Lot Airline website also indicated the seat selected. The flight is now in the good hands of Air Belgium and the new new Airbus A330neo so thought best to sort out the seat in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.