Wiki Posts
Search

Question about booking intra-Asia award

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2023, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Question Question about booking intra-Asia award

Dear all,
here is my question: I need to book a one-way TYO-BKK award.

it is priced 35.000 miles

on my dates though the system doesn’t pull out any option, but I can see this option if booked as separate segment

> HND-FUK in Y for 15.000 miles
> FUK-BKK in J for 35.000 miles

I don’t mind flying Y for the domestic leg, but I’d rather prefer not to spend 40% more miles buying it separately. And more than that I want to have a single ticket and avoid and self-connection

can call center book mixed class award?
would it cost the “normal” 35.000 miles?

thanks

Last edited by maclover; Sep 23, 2023 at 2:53 am Reason: typo in airport code
Old Sep 23, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Your routing written above doesn't make sense, so I'm guessing that with HAN as airport code you mean Tokyo Haneda (HND) airport and not Nội Bi International Airport in Hanoi, Vietnam which actually is designated with the IATA code: HAN.

Now, M&M website doesn't price out mix cabin itineraries like that so yes, you'll have to call and hope the agent you talk to can see the same availability. It should price out as 35k miles even for the Eco & Biz combo as your connection is in the same region (even same country) at FUK. Good luck.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is probably HND rather than Hanoi.

You need to call to book this in mixed classes. Or wait until C/J availability reappears.
Old Sep 23, 2023, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Thanks got your advices.
and thanks for pointing out the auto-correct typo: it’s indeed HND

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.