Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:35 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Assuming I have a ZRH-JFK-ZRH flight on LX where I can make 1 flight change for the return flight, does anybody have experience with changing to LH metal via FRA/MUC, or LX/LH metal out of EWR?
is JFK and EWR considered as the same destination for such changes?

hoping NYC1 may have experience
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC, US, AA, UA, BA, QF, DL...
SN A333

I was thinking of booking BRU-IAD-YYZ in June with the first leg on SN. When I pull up the seat map for SN515 though, it shows a 2-2-2 x 5 configuration in J instead of the staggered layout I expected for the A333. I think it might be an EW plane, but searching the LH Group I also saw mention of an ex-SQ 2-2-2 configuration with angled-flat seats in J. I might be willing to go EW, but I’m not doing 8.5 hours in an angled-flat seat.

Can anyone tell me what A333 configurations SN is currently flying and how bad the EW experience is? There’s also an option on the new SK A321LR but it requires a positioning flight and overnight at ARN.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:43 am

Is it possible to get a paid seat assignment transferred in case of a flight change? The flight was booked through UA, so it would be changed by UA.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Assuming I have a ZRH-JFK-ZRH flight on LX where I can make 1 flight change for the return flight, does anybody have experience with changing to LH metal via FRA/MUC, or LX/LH metal out of EWR?
is JFK and EWR considered as the same destination for such changes?

hoping NYC1 may have experience
Yes, JFK and EWR are considered as the same destination.
For the LX/LH transition, yes it is possible as LX should have access to LH inventory on JV TATL tickets.
59Impala likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Special Meals in LX

Hi all,

I have an upcoming trip from Chicago to India via ZRH on LX and since I booked the tkt via LH's website, I didn't see any option to select a special meal during the booking flow. I've been trying to reach out to LX on their Customer Care # but to no avail. Is there any other way to request for a special meal say via Twitter or FB?

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2022, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by SuraBoy
Hi all,

I have an upcoming trip from Chicago to India via ZRH on LX and since I booked the tkt via LH's website, I didn't see any option to select a special meal during the booking flow. I've been trying to reach out to LX on their Customer Care # but to no avail. Is there any other way to request for a special meal say via Twitter or FB?

Thanks!
You should be able to choose special meal on Lufthansa website under 'My Bookings'. There is an option to request special meal.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:54 am

Programs: AA, AI-FR, ClubVistara, KrisFlyer, EK, InterMiles
Originally Posted by Redhat72
You should be able to choose special meal on Lufthansa website under 'My Bookings'. There is an option to request special meal.
Wow, I somehow missed this earlier - thank you, was able to do it!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Using Miles to Upgrade

Booking premium economy on Lufthansa to Europe in August. I'm under the impression we can try to use United miles to upgrade paid tickets to biz. Am I correct? If so, what's the process?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spartacus
Booking premium economy on Lufthansa to Europe in August. I'm under the impression we can try to use United miles to upgrade paid tickets to biz. Am I correct? If so, what's the process?
Let me google that for you: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...de-awards.html
chris63 and andywaw like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Hey, sorry if this is answered elsewhere.. I've got the TAP status match and am flying on Lufthansa. I tried to add my TP FF number during both but with and without the initial "TP" (don't get me started on the basic data validation issues!), I get the error message that it does not match the name on the booking. I booked the ticket anyway, but obviously would still like to have the number attached to get the status benefits and miles. Am I doing something wrong? I've had status since the end of 2021 so it shouldn't be an issue with systems being updated, and the name on my FF account obviously does match the booking. Can I get it added at bag drop for example?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Yes, get it added on checkin.
mustafina likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:04 am

Good morning everybody
I haven't travelled LH for a wile
I got a ticket for next week, need to change it
modification is a little tricky, it seems i can't do it online
Then I tried THE diffcult thing
* contact them via email ([email protected])
* call +33170489170
total fiasco on both attemps
any hint ? a tel number that works ? a better email address ?
many thx
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
ThanxaBunch
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:47 pm

hopefully this is a quick question, did some searching/browsing but didn't see this discussed:
what hour of the day does LH release award availability for the following day? say I wanted to book 12 months out for a LH F on M&M, what time of day should I refresh the page to check?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Looking to buy a ADB - MUC - AOI ticket with ADB - MUC on Sun Express and MUC - AOI on Lufthansa. I can buy it as one ticket through Lufthansa, but the price is almost $200 more than buying it separately on Sun Express and Lufthansa on two separate tickets.
If I buy it on separate tickets, will I have to pick up my bags in MUC and recheck them in? There is only 1.5hr layover in MUC.
If I buy it one one ticket through Lufthansa, will I earn Star Alliance miles to United for the Sun Express leg?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.