Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa bassinet details

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:43 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by Nanfeirin
Does Lufthansa have bassinet seats in Row 29 seats E and D on the A330-300? I have called and paid extra to be in a bassinet row with our son and were assigned those seats, yet now when I check all Lufthansa seat configurations that appears to be the Exit row (middle). Did the Lufthansa agent make a mistake or are those genuinely the bassinet seats? From everything I have read children are not allowed to be in the exit rows, so I'm worried that despite having paid the extra money, we're going to be moved and likely even separated from my husband. It's on a return flight Cape Town to Frankfurt. If not, can someone please tell me where the bassinet seats are, so I can call them again? Thank you in advance!
Yes they have two bassinets in this row but ONLY in the middle since there are the emergency exit doors on both sides. This is specific to the A330. So you need either seat E or G on your booking! Other aircraft types have bassinet also on the side at seat A/B and H/K. You and check the official LH seatmap here https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/333
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:50 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by airoli
Perhaps I am missing something here, but why don't you just cancel the third seat again, save a buch of money and have your baby travel as an infant, without a seat, but entitled to a bassinet?
Rookie mistake. By the time I realized I would need to rebook, all the rows with bassinets were taken.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
I think that topic is resolved for @Nanfeirin... his/her question is from 2019
MichielR likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: A3
Any update on whether anyone has successfully flown recently LH using the bedbox or flytot? There is a thread on the jetkids facebook page from 2017 stating that LH no longer allows it....

We have a bulhkead and a window seat so It shouldn't be a problem (and of course coming back is in the dark), but yeah...
Old Oct 18, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I think that topic is resolved for @Nanfeirin... his/her question is from 2019
Argh, somehow it popped up as recent.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 6:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jacobsteuer1
Any update on whether anyone has successfully flown recently LH using the bedbox or flytot?
Inflatables are absolute no go on Lufthansa.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: LH HON
Picking up this old thread, are the dimensions from the first post still accurate? As the LH page states
67 cm?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
Picking up this old thread, are the dimensions from the first post still accurate? As the LH page states
67 cm?
Recents flights in an A330, we got something close to the 80-ish cm from the first post
Old Nov 21, 2021, 12:07 am

Perfect, thank you
Old Nov 30, 2021, 4:33 am

Got the bassinet today - our 74cm girl barely fit. So won’t be using it again.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I tried to book 2D/2G in first class on A346 BOS-MUC. There are 8 seats in two rows in first class. I was told 2D was blocked for a bassinet. What is so important about 2D that they can't open/switch the blocked bassinet seat to a different seat, like 2G.

I think we all know w 2 weeks to go that it’s unlikely that a baby fir a bassinet seat is going to show up on this flight. But I am not arguing whether LH should reserve one of the 8 F seats for a bassinet. Just that it should be switchable to accommodate previously booked pax. Also, surprising that they block off a bassinet seat for the baby without blocking off the adjacent seat for the mother… Do they think a baby is going to fly and some random seat distance from their mother has it I don’t get this idea at all.

Is the first class bassinet seat physically altered to accommodate a bassinet, or is it a standard first class seat? If it's a standard first class seat, why won't they move this blocked off seat for a potential baby/bassinet who is unlikely to ever appear to another seat, like 2G?

Last edited by nologic; Aug 1, 2022 at 9:33 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:33 pm

Only dedicated seats allow the bassinet to be mounted and the adjacent seat doesn’t need to be blocked as the parent will use the bassinet seat - Baby in bassinet, parent in seat.

that’s the point…

Last edited by daumueller; Aug 1, 2022 at 10:38 pm
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The first class hotline over-rode the bassinet restriction and unblocked the seat.

From an adult passenger standpoint, is there anything worse about the seat in terms of comfortor functionality?
Old Aug 19, 2022, 7:24 pm

Lufthansa Boeing 747-400 - Infant bassinet

Hello,

My wife and infant daughter are travelling from Bangalore --> Frankfurt -->Toronto.
I called Lufthansa helpline to reserve an infant bassinet seat in the economy class. Telephone support mentioned that system is not allowing them to block the bassinet seat and asked to check with airline staff at the airport on the day of travelling
I read in few forums that row 43 A, D, H, K are with bassinet .
Any information why call centre is unable to block it ? Have they removed bassinets recently? Is it safe to assume we would be allocated a bassinet at the airport ?

Regards
Sharath
Old Aug 20, 2022, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Sharathhj
Hello,

My wife and infant daughter are travelling from Bangalore --> Frankfurt -->Toronto.
I called Lufthansa helpline to reserve an infant bassinet seat in the economy class. Telephone support mentioned that system is not allowing them to block the bassinet seat and asked to check with airline staff at the airport on the day of travelling
I read in few forums that row 43 A, D, H, K are with bassinet .
Any information why call centre is unable to block it ? Have they removed bassinets recently? Is it safe to assume we would be allocated a bassinet at the airport ?

Regards
Sharath
43 A, D, H & K are the Y bassinet seats on a B744 & the callcentre should have been able to reserve one for you, some agents at the outsourced agency are less than competent, try calling again & for more experienced agents during DE daytime opening hours.

Cross posting is against FT rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.