Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa bassinet details

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Seraelph
IMO when your baby is older than 7 or 8 months you better hope for an empty row in Y than booking the bassinet.
IMO you'd be better off buying him a ticket and seat in this case.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Gold
Hi all,

My wife is pushing me to upgrade to business class tickets for our return from BOM-FRA-IAH, all on LH metal. I am not clear if the bulkheads in business class are bassinet equipped or not. I'm assuming they are, but saw this thread while searching online to confirm and figured I'd ask.

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Bassinet in F on A346

According to the rep on the Miles&More line, there are 2 bassinet seats in F on the A340-600: 2D and 2K

Can anyone confirm or share their experience?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Yes, the bassinet can be fitted/anchored to be on the ottoman where you normally rest your feet. Little less space for the adult sitting in the seat with the infant, but certainly bearable.
fly_ebos likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 5:49 am

Bassinet Seats or Not?

Does Lufthansa have bassinet seats in Row 29 seats E and D on the A330-300? I have called and paid extra to be in a bassinet row with our son and were assigned those seats, yet now when I check all Lufthansa seat configurations that appears to be the Exit row (middle). Did the Lufthansa agent make a mistake or are those genuinely the bassinet seats? From everything I have read children are not allowed to be in the exit rows, so I'm worried that despite having paid the extra money, we're going to be moved and likely even separated from my husband. It's on a return flight Cape Town to Frankfurt. If not, can someone please tell me where the bassinet seats are, so I can call them again? Thank you in advance!
Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
You are going to be fine, those are bassinet seats and there is a wall in front!
mmff likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Kid Flyer
You are going to be fine, those are bassinet seats and there is a wall in front!
Oh great, that's a relief! Now we're crossing fingers that he's actually going to fit in the bassinet. He's under the weight limit by more than 2 kg's but slightly taller than the 83 cm's. On Ethiopian he slept very well dangling his leg over the side. So the main issue will be whether the crew will allow it. It's really difficult to decide what to do with an almost 2-year old on a plane!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Nanfeirin
It's really difficult to decide what to do with an almost 2-year old on a plane!
If finances allow, buying them a seat and using an inflatable pillow like a fly-tot worked very well for us.
mmff likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
If finances allow, buying them a seat and using an inflatable pillow like a fly-tot worked very well for us.
This. If possible, book the kid a seat. Much more comfortable for everyone.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Anyone knows where the bassinets are in business class are on the A330? Looks like rows 1 and 10 are the bulkhead rows. Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2021, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Melodsal
Anyone knows where the bassinets are in business class are on the A330? Looks like rows 1 and 10 are the bulkhead rows. Thanks!
Bassinets seats are 10A and 10K

A330 seatmap front
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by fereke
Bassinets seats are 10A and 10K

A330 seatmap front
Thank you!
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: A3
Baby sleeping devices on LH

We are taking a 6 month old on TLL-FRA-SFO via LH. I booked a third (child) seat, and remarkably, that means I am NOT allowed to reserve a bassinet, because although the baby is empirically an infant, he is "classified" as a child (just FYI).

Since we still have a third seat, I am looking at a bunch of seat extensions (flytot, jetkids, etc, you get the idea), and they aren't officially banned from LH, but LH also isn't listed as one of the "friendly" airlines (wow, shocker) so in reality who knows. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experiences in this area on LH. It would make all the difference if I can manage to get the right thing on the plane for my son.

Thanks!

J
Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:59 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Perhaps I am missing something here, but why don't you just cancel the third seat again, save a buch of money and have your baby travel as an infant, without a seat, but entitled to a bassinet?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
LH doesn't like the restraint systems if they are not certified for use with the seat. The list is here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/safe...ldren-on-board
Please note, however, that the child restraint system must be attached to a passenger seat. For babies (under 2 years), therefore, you must purchase a CHILD ticket. In this case, you must bring a child restraint system for your baby (0–2 years) with you. Otherwise, the baby must sit on an adult’s lap throughout the flight despite the purchased seat. The child restraint system must not impede other passengers in the event of a possible emergency evacuation. The following rules are therefore in place in relation to boarding and seat designation; please observe these when checking in and choosing your seat:
  • We recommend that you choose a window seat for the child using the child restraint system. As the accompanying adult, you should take the seat next to them in any case.
  • Please avoid choosing seats in the emergency exit rows.
More Info here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flying-with-baby

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.