Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa bassinet details

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2022, 9:51 am

thanks chris63 , I have requested admins to delete the duplicate posts as I couldn't find out any options
Old Aug 22, 2022, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Sharathhj
thanks chris63 , I have requested admins to delete the duplicate posts as I couldn't find out any options
No worries & i hope you find a competent agent to perform what LH promise for a pax travelling with an infant
Old Aug 23, 2022, 5:24 pm

Thanks very much chris63 for your response. I connected with Lufthansa telephone support, this time representative was very helpful and it took almost 40 mins for the representative to sort out the issue to block the seats with bassinet. I booked the ticket on AirCanada website, representative had to ask for approvals from multiple groups before confirming me the ticket.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Sharathhj
Thanks very much chris63 for your response. I connected with Lufthansa telephone support, this time representative was very helpful and it took almost 40 mins for the representative to sort out the issue to block the seats with bassinet. I booked the ticket on AirCanada website, representative had to ask for approvals from multiple groups before confirming me the ticket.
Glad they finally sorted it out for you !
Old Sep 19, 2023, 6:50 pm

Flying with a baby

We will be flying with a 9 month old baby going to Europe and 11 months old coming back to USA. I reserved seats next to the bassinette but after browsing google a bit I wonder if I didn't make a mistake. I found some forums where they were saying 9 months is too big for Lufthansa bassinettes so I will end up with him in my lap anyway... What options do I have? Should I get an inflatable seat extender just in case we get lucky and have an empty seat next to us?
Also, coming back we have 5 hours in Frankfurt, is there any play area or something to entertain the baby?
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The infant has to be held in the lap when the seatbelt signs are on. Otherwise you will be fine, I doubt a 9/11 month old weighs more than 14kg or is longer than 83 cm

Inflatables are an absolute no go on Lufthansa. They have some play areas in FRA: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...lay-areas.html
Old Sep 20, 2023, 4:34 am

Programs: LX SEN*
Our challenge with the bassinet was more that a 9 months old will wake up and try to explore. The strap of the bassinet only goes over the middle section of the bassinet and has no chance to halt the exploration. We were worried that our baby might fall out (and from pretty high too, above the magazine counter) while we were sleeping. So sleeping we didn't.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 8:19 am

Bassinet locations on Lufthansa 747-8. Help please.

My wife and I reserved a bassinet and are planning on sitting in row 16, LAX -> FRA, on what looks to be a 747-8. It let us book and request the bassinet, but we’re a little concerned they may not be allowed in that row.

Does anyone know for certain if we can have a the bassinet in row 16? Or if we’d need to adjust our seats back to row 21?

Row 16 looks like the preferred area (Bevorzugte zone). We’d like to stay in that zone as opposed to move all the way back.

I’d post photos but I’m not allowed yet.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:41 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk. I'm going to move your post to our Lufthansa forum where you'll get the best responses.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk
GlobalGuy2024 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: LX SEN*
They will automatically assign you to a bassinet row when you have a baby with you. Keep in mind that the baby can only be buckled up very rudimentary. If it can crawl or push his body up constant attention is needed.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Seraelph
They will automatically assign you to a bassinet row when you have a baby with you. Keep in mind that the baby can only be buckled up very rudimentary. If it can crawl or push his body up constant attention is needed.
that is not correct - you can select any row with an infant pretty much.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
that is not correct - you can select any row with an infant pretty much.
Ya, I found a good forum post, all in German, it looks like it is possible… curious if anyone on this forum has tried.

www.[space]vielfliegertreff.[spacw]de/forum/threads/reservierung-baby-bassinet-sitzreihen-in-lh455-b747-8.150853/
Old Feb 20, 2024, 12:56 pm

I found a post on another forum that mentioned (in German) a stewardess helped them figure it out in row 16. It does not fit in 16 A,B,C, but DOES fit in 16 H,J,K. So odd. Sounds like they basically had to plead with the stewardess and she went above and beyond to figure it out.

Curious if anyone on this forum has had the same experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.