Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa bassinet details

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 6:19 pm

Thanks

BTW, in the chart you've linked to, what is the difference between I (Infant) and C (Cot)?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:11 pm

Is 10A/C (business) in A380 also a bassinet seat?

Thanks
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:56 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by jjoe123
Thanks
I am not sure. Row 21 is definitely a bassinet row. We had 21HK with our small one flying SIN-FRA in May 2016.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:37 pm

Booking a bassinet on Lufthansa

Hi there folks,

Am I the only one who finds the bassinet reservation process on Lufthansa really confusing? Help me out here ...

We're trying to book our first long-haul (SFO <-> MUC) flight with our little guy, 9 months old and well within the size/weight limit for LH bassinets. The best description of the bassinet booking process that I've been able to get out of LH customer service is that you have to pick some seats and make a booking, and then need to call them to reserve a bassinet for this booking. The rep just told me that the seats you book "make no difference", but also wouldn't say which seats on the plane actually are bassinet-equippable. So basically, it sounds like roulette with a bunch of money on the line. My questions:

- Is there any site out there that shows you bassinet-eligible seats? I tried SeatGuru, and see no bassinet icons for any of the flights I'm considering (e.g. LH 458/459, on A340-600s). The rep assured me there are bassinets on those flights, which I know is true because I've seen them in the past.

- Do you guys know whether bassinets are available only in the row right behind premium economy, or also in the second bulkhead row farther back (row 44-ish)? Or anywhere else?

- Presumably, unless I actually book a seat in one of those bulkhead rows, there's little to zero chance of actually being moved into a bassinet-equippable row — yes?

Appreciate any help here ... this process seems a little bit ridiculous so far.

Thanks!
-SMF

Last edited by Sir McFlyalot; Sep 22, 2016 at 11:53 pm
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
You have to reserve one of the bulkhead rows. These are bassinette equipped. The rows behind PE are no good.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:44 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I'm no expert on this topic but reading other posts on FT I was under the impression that bassinet seats are blocked and cannot be reserved unless you call LH.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
No, the odd situation with paid ASR and extra legroom seats has led to the problem that to book a bassinette, you have to request and pay an extra legroom seat and then call LH to get that seat a bassinette.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:20 am

Check this
https://www.lufthansa.com/online/por...192509819&l=en

the best is to call the LH service center they will arrange the necessary for you..never had any probs with my kids
Phone 1
+1 800 - 645 38 80
Phone 2
+1 866 -846 42 83
Service hours
Text telephone for hearing impaired (TTY): +1-866-846-4283
Old Sep 23, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: LH M&M
It has to be done by phone unfortunately.

If you have a fare which includes seat selection, then you shouldn't have to pay, the agent will just assign it and you will be done in 2 seconds. If your fare does NOT include seat selection, the agent will simply ask for credit card details, charge you the fee and then assign it. This could take a few minutes.

It is an easy process, but does require a call.

What the rep you spoke to might have meant:
If you don't want to have a separate charge for the seat reservation or you don't feel like giving your card details over the phone, you can pay for the seat selection when you book the ticket, and then select any seat (at this point the bassinets won't be selectable). Then you phone in, and having already paid the fee during booking, the agent can simply assign the bassinet, without having to ask for credit card details.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 10:42 pm

Charges for booking a bassinet for an infant

Hi,

I am flying with a lap child (an infant <1 yo) on LH from Asia to the US on an S fare ticket next month.

I called up LH to request a bassinet for the infant, but was told I have to first buy a bassinet seat for the adult and then add the bassinet for the adult. Is this the norm? Or was the representative incorrect?

BA is more generous in this aspect. They allow us to reserve a seat for the adult free of charge. Don't all European airlines follow this rule?

From http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...travel/seating :

"Free seating when you travel with an infant

When you travel with an infant (under 2) who won't be travelling in a seat of their own, you can reserve a seat for yourself and everyone in your booking, free of charge, as soon as you've made your booking (except for bookings of over 9 people)."

Thanks!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

You may like to check this recent thread especially post #6.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...lufthansa.html

Unfortunately your booking class S does not include free seat reservation.

BTW I thought BA charged for seat reservation even in Business unless you had status.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:50 am

If the baby fits I would definitely pay. It will be money very well spent.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:04 pm

Hi
I'm flying with my family(hubby and baby boy) Singapore-Frankfurt on the 23July and back 17August.
I'm finding the whole bassinet booking situation very confusing. Of course we want to be seated together. Which seats would you recommend for us to book? I don't mind paying for it as long as we are together :/
Please help! This will be my first time flying with the baby and I'm very nervous about it...
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by KasiaDud
Hi
I'm flying with my family(hubby and baby boy) Singapore-Frankfurt on the 23July and back 17August.
I'm finding the whole bassinet booking situation very confusing. Of course we want to be seated together. Which seats would you recommend for us to book? I don't mind paying for it as long as we are together :/
Please help! This will be my first time flying with the baby and I'm very nervous about it...
Welcome to FlyerTalk and LH forum, KasiaDud!

It would help if you tell us in which class you will be travelling. Also have you checked this thread about booking bassinet seats?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...lufthansa.html
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: LX SEN*
Hi,

I would like to share my personal experience with the LH baby bassinet.

My wife and I flew with our 11 months old from DBX to FRA in C, using the baby bassinet in the 747. Since this is a night flight we wanted our baby to continue her sleep after 3 hours of good snoring in the SEN lounge. The bassinet was installed immediately after the fasten seat belt sign was turned off. We then realized that is was really high on top of the magazine counter, I would guess approx. 1.4 meters high. We placed her in it and attached the wide belt for safety. The bassinet is quite long and can accomodate any baby that is shorter than 80 cm (even though LH says 83 cm are possible). Once we were all set we started debating whether our baby could get up in this bassinet and eventually climb out. The answer was presented to us after 2 hours into the flight when she turned unnoticed and kneeled up happily, ready to get out and explore.

All in all this bassinet is good to allow your baby to sleep, but it won't allow you to sleep in case your baby has learned to get up and sit/kneel already, as the strap doesn't prevent it from doing this. IMO when your baby is older than 7 or 8 months you better hope for an empty row in Y than booking the bassinet.

I think that LH is really great in handling passengers with babies as they were pleasant and helpful at all times. LX wouldn't allow us to put her into their bassinet - I now understand why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.