FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa bassinet details
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:42 am
Seraelph

Programs: LX SEN*
Hi,

I would like to share my personal experience with the LH baby bassinet.

My wife and I flew with our 11 months old from DBX to FRA in C, using the baby bassinet in the 747. Since this is a night flight we wanted our baby to continue her sleep after 3 hours of good snoring in the SEN lounge. The bassinet was installed immediately after the fasten seat belt sign was turned off. We then realized that is was really high on top of the magazine counter, I would guess approx. 1.4 meters high. We placed her in it and attached the wide belt for safety. The bassinet is quite long and can accomodate any baby that is shorter than 80 cm (even though LH says 83 cm are possible). Once we were all set we started debating whether our baby could get up in this bassinet and eventually climb out. The answer was presented to us after 2 hours into the flight when she turned unnoticed and kneeled up happily, ready to get out and explore.

All in all this bassinet is good to allow your baby to sleep, but it won't allow you to sleep in case your baby has learned to get up and sit/kneel already, as the strap doesn't prevent it from doing this. IMO when your baby is older than 7 or 8 months you better hope for an empty row in Y than booking the bassinet.

I think that LH is really great in handling passengers with babies as they were pleasant and helpful at all times. LX wouldn't allow us to put her into their bassinet - I now understand why.