Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:00 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SK used to be 30€ for regional flights and 120 for longhaul. Now its gaga.
Oliver, as you have a lot more knowledge of the LH group than I do, which would you say can still offer reasonable bidding on upgrades? (obviously SN isn't among them).
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
OS and LH are currently seen to have a decent plusgrade bid offering.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
LH offers me 79 per leg in a future EU booking (light K), which can be a good value for the bags only for some people. Unfortunately, OS, the one I wanted to actually try out, is not possible.

OS I've been getting offers on checkin anywhere from 59 to 149 and possibly even more for intra-EU legs, interestingly it was also usually more expensive on shorter flights.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Hogar
I have an upcoming trip to TPA. For the return flight LH483 to FRA on Friday 8th December, there is no availability for the confirmed upgrade (which LH values at 249 EUR), so I'm thinking to bid for an upgrade to PE. I have a ticket in W class for this flight. At the LH website, the bid range for the flight is min. 180 EUR, and max. 550 EUR.
Could someone take a look at the seats available, and share the findings with me?

Thanks,
Hogar
Hogar, Did you end up bidding on PE for your December 8 LH 483. EP shows the following load as of 02 December at GMT 18:22: J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 G1 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T0 L0 K0 Please let us all know if you bid was accepted and if LH was asking for Volunteers to Downgrade.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: LH,ITA,BA Silver,AY Gold
Hello,
I hope this is not a bother. After seeing a mileage balance on UA for years, I did a booking to the US for 60K rt. I paid to upgrade to PE on the UA longhaul return, but was not able to try the LH flight, FRA-DEN. My question is: Will I be able to try to bid on MyOffer at all? If yes, how does this happen as the LH website sees the booking, but offers no options (it is a February 2018 departure). If no, will LH take my money at the airport for this kind of ticket if there is space available?
Thanks in advance for the guidance. My only other recent LH flights were paid Business class.
MA
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Award tickets issued by United don't qualify for this scheme. The paid upgrades for cash (which are essentially just reseatings) can be done on award tickets issued on 016 stock.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: LH,ITA,BA Silver,AY Gold
Paid upgrade to PE on an award ticket

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Award tickets issued by United don't qualify for this scheme. The paid upgrades for cash (which are essentially just reseatings) can be done on award tickets issued on 016 stock.
Oliver, Thanks, it makes sense. Is this only available at check-in/seat selection just before the flight or can paid upgrades be asked for in advance?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:56 am

At the airport, checkin, gate or on board.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
I was just curious about that plusgrade option, so I tried it for the first time. I had booked a 35€ promo ticket from MUC to FCO and offered the lowest bid of 60€. Business class seat was approved - 95€ for a European oneway in business class is not a bad deal The inbound flight with chickenwings cost 90€ and is a basic fare :/

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Dec 7, 2017 at 9:55 am
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Brussels Airlines seems a joke to me. Their minimum bid for upgrading a WAW-BRU leg is €275! What's the point of that when I could easily buy such a ticket outright on LX for around €220 for the same day of travel?
And for the 1 hour hop in a Dash 8 from BRU to BHX they want at least €160 to bid for the right to move up to the first couple of rows and get that 10 minute meal service. Terrific value there!

I generally wouldn't bother with C on intra-EU unless I'm in need of status miles. I was just checking out of curiosity.

SK seemed just as ridiculous tbh. After booking a SAS Plus trip (ARN-HKG) the minimum bid for SAS Business upgrade from Plus was greater than the price difference between the two classes on the booking page. So you would end up paying less up front for the guarantee of sitting in C than for the chance to get it via bidding.

Which are the airlines that offer vaguely realistic bidding prices? LO seems to be as bad as SN and SK in my experience.
Agreed! I have two flights with SN scheduled in a couple of months and the prices seem crazy. They ask a minimum of €200 for a 1h leg, the same as for my next 2h15' leg. This is just stupid, not even gonna try.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: LH *S, TK *G, IHG Gold, HH Gold, A|Club Silver
Originally Posted by gpicur
Hogar, Did you end up bidding on PE for your December 8 LH 483. EP shows the following load as of 02 December at GMT 18:22: J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 G1 E0 N0 Y9 B9 M9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T0 L0 K0 Please let us all know if you bid was accepted and if LH was asking for Volunteers to Downgrade.
Yes, I bid 255 EUR - slightly higher then the LH fixed offer, which on this flight was not available from the very beginning when I purchased my ticket.
Today I received an email from LH saying that my bid was not accepted. Not surprised as PE was showing unavailable since more than a week.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I just got accepted an offer to upgrade from K class to business on LH from TXL to FRA for €45 and from FRA to ATH for €75. These are very realistic prices given that the original TXL-FRA-ATH ticket cost around €95. Lufthansa Group are becoming more competitive generally on intra-European flights and are offering some fantastic P fares for advance bookings.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've got upcoming AMS-MUC and PRG-FRA for 79 each, FRA-AMS being 99 now from I believe before 79. These are confirmed upgrades, so decent-ish prices. Annoyingly, the one that I do want to upgrade, MUC-VIE on OS metal, can't be, neither on Austrian nor Lufthansa web.

MyOffer starting at 75USD for the eligible sectors.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: KF*G, AB*G, IBP*G, LCAH*Plat, HH*D, ONYX*Plat, BW*DS
Does anyone have recent data points for the SIN-FRA/FRA-SIN route?

I am currently booked in N and would like to upgrade to C. Space still wide open and could imagine that lower end bids would be accepted as well. Minimum bid is priced at 650 USD.

Also, does anyone know whether LH also allows upgrades at check-in/gate/on-board? Any difference in prices between those?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K (plus a few others)
when do upgrades clear?

Hi there -- sorry, scrolled and searched but didn't find this: what is people's experience in terms of when plusgrades clear? Is it always within the 72 hour window or are there instances when upgrades clear further out? Have put in a bid for a C to F upgrade from FRA to IAD on 8 Jan.... Thanks for any insights people might have...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.