Search

Longhaul EuroWings will start ops in Winter2015-16

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
....congrats to the LH management!
It is indeed working quite well, very high loads, very solid yields, so far it works as expected. ^
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: LH/*A Gold, BA/OW Emerald, EK Silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
It has been a disaster so far... Flights are regularly delayed 24h+, people missing their cruise ships, sub-charters everyhwere, ....
And they have got bad press already (Link to an article in German)
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Reminder that if you make OT personal comments the entire post will deleted.

7 OT posts deleted.

Regards Oliver2002
Mod M&M forum
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:53 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
So everything works exactly as planed.....
7 longhaul routes - 1aircraft
what a genius plan by the LH management....bet they needed consultants to come up with THAT!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I know this thread is about the longhaul routes and it doesn't look good. But what about Eurowings' European operations? Can one count on reasonable time keeping, like it was when it was called Lufthansa Regional? I only once had a cancellation, which was on the DUS-GVA route. A replacement Cityline aircraft was found within minutes.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:28 am
Suspended

As pointed out before, loads are outstanding, yields are very good, so far it works quite well.

Some fans shouting from the stands about some misses passes during the first minutes of play with a new team are just part of the usual babbling.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Concerto
I know this thread is about the longhaul routes and it doesn't look good. But what about Eurowings' European operations? Can one count on reasonable time keeping, like it was when it was called Lufthansa Regional? I only once had a cancellation, which was on the DUS-GVA route. A replacement Cityline aircraft was found within minutes.
Wow, I am amazed about the sample size.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
After 6 weeks of operation they managed to stay below the EU261 compensation line a total of 6 times!
What a wonderfull start of this mavelous planned idea....congrats to the LH management! ^^
How does this compare to Norwegian/DY's notorious long-haul service?
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:06 am

I had reasonable on-time experiences with them. What really annoys me, though, is their totally useless IT (even worse than LH) and the glitches when interlining with other airlines... In a nutshell: point-to-point is ok, everything else sucks.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
As pointed out before, loads are outstanding, yields are very good, so far it works quite well.

Some fans shouting from the stands about some misses passes during the first minutes of play with a new team are just part of the usual babbling.
Sounds like a "famous last words" quote.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 9:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Sounds like a "famous last words" quote.
...before they announce the new EW destinations.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
Wow, I am amazed about the sample size.
Yeah, size is what it's all about, isn't it? But I was amazed on that one occasion how quick they found us a new aircraft and how they managed to get me 5 minutes early to my destination, despite the flight being theoretically cancelled. I really enjoyed those Lufthansa Regional operated by Eurowings flights in those days, and there was something exclusive about those Canadair aircraft too. I had told friends about it and was encouraging them to book Lufthansa [Regional] operated by Eurowings flights! I flew a lot of those from Dusseldorf back then.

Hope EW longhaul works out, looks like they have a lot of interesting destinations and prices.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:51 pm
Suspended

Yeah, size is what it's all about, isn't it? But I was amazed on that one occasion how quick they found us a new aircraft and how they managed to get me 5 minutes early to my destination, despite the flight being theoretically cancelled. I really enjoyed those Lufthansa Regional operated by Eurowings flights in those days, and there was something exclusive about those Canadair aircraft too. I had told friends about it and was encouraging them to book Lufthansa [Regional] operated by Eurowings flights! I flew a lot of those from Dusseldorf back then.

Hope EW longhaul works out, looks like they have a lot of interesting destinations and prices.
The simple fact that they had a lot of CRJs sitting around Kaiserswerth Ost coupled with the fact that you did not tell enough friends about it (size...again ) probably resulted in the new Eurowings.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, most of the people in Switzerland and England I spoke to at the time had never heard of Eurowings, and that is pretty much the same reaction today. I was always careful to explain how Eurowings was the operating carrier and a separate airline. A bit of publicity can't do any harm. Trouble is, the longhaul operation is only really relevant if you live in Germany. Maybe there's feed from Zurich into Cologne, but not from Geneva.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Well, most of the people in Switzerland and England I spoke to at the time had never heard of Eurowings, and that is pretty much the same reaction today. I was always careful to explain how Eurowings was the operating carrier and a separate airline. A bit of publicity can't do any harm. Trouble is, the longhaul operation is only really relevant if you live in Germany. Maybe there's feed from Zurich into Cologne, but not from Geneva.
And why is that a problem?

The CGN catchment area plus a bit of feed plus an ICE stop should be enough to fill the bird. This is a not a major hub and spoke operation with seamless connections, this is not LH mainline, this is a P2P longhaul touri division that might serve some customers with deeper pockets as well.

As pointed out numerous times before, a divorce is not forever and only because the A3 is between the crane and the condor does not mean that they should not buy Condor and streamline all Touri ops. into one unit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.