Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot strikes in Autumn / Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by htb
Are you a LH pilot with inside information....
While I agree that skepticism is in order here .. inside information proved to be pretty worthless the last few years as well .
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:28 am

Are strikes effecting Lufthansa Cityline?

Connecting in Munich to Warsaw on Oct. 10th with Lufthansa CityLine, is there a risk of strike? Sorry, industrial 'in'action.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:20 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Very simply : YES!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:29 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Don Dunham
Connecting in Munich to Warsaw on Oct. 10th with Lufthansa CityLine, is there a risk of strike? Sorry, industrial 'in'action.
Here I agree with Germanflyer. From today's point of view there's an above average risk of strike. Same as for the days before and after Oct. 10th.

I'm not quite sure why you're asking, though.

HTB.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:32 am

Has it been posted yet that Lufthansa will hire (ie, outsource) pilot jobs outside of LH?

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unt...-a-994211.html

Bruch mit ehernen Konzerntraditionen: Lufthansa-Chef Spohr will nach SPIEGEL-Informationen einen Teil seiner Langstreckenflotte mit Piloten besetzen, die nicht zur Lufthansa gehören. Die Vereinigung Cockpit reagiert erstaunlich zurückhaltend.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Does anyone know if the previous strikes have affected the Lufthansa busses?

I am here thinking of the tickets LH sells that include a bus ride ( one ticket, two segments - one flight and one bus ride ), for example the bus from Frankfurt to Strasbourg.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by helosc
Does anyone know if the previous strikes have affected the Lufthansa busses?

I am here thinking of the tickets LH sells that include a bus ride ( one ticket, two segments - one flight and one bus ride ), for example the bus from Frankfurt to Strasbourg.
Previous strikes have not impacted buses.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Bus drivers do not considers themselves pilots, although driving a bus is much more difficult than piloting a plane, once you have been trained on the latter.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:54 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Here we go again (*dislike*)...

VC is going on strike again. Tomorrow, between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. all long haul flights from Frankfurt will be affected.

Link (German only, sorry):
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unt...-a-994278.html
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:17 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Nothing yet on LH or VC websites. Strange...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
Here we go again (*dislike*)...

VC is going on strike again. Tomorrow, between 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. all long haul flights from Frankfurt will be affected.

Link (German only, sorry):
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unt...-a-994278.html
Of course I'm flying to FRA tues and JNB wednesday.....looks like UA metal for me to FRA at this point.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:25 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
LufthansaFlyer: your flight TO FRA will probably be operated as scheduled. Only flights FROM FRA will be included in the strike.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:28 am

I really don't understand anymore. What do they want to achieve with this?

The Air France pilots striked for 2 full weeks, leading to cancellation of around 80% of flights and finally the shelving of Air France's plan to grow its LCC subsidiary Transavia from locations outside France. I am not at all supporting the AF pilots (company didn't make a profit since 2008...) but at least the strike is now over (or so it seems).

The LH pilots instead are going into the fifth wave of strikes. Always one day only (except the strikes in March), longhaul or shorthaul, typically only at one airport (this time FRA).

Do they want to turn this into a tradition? One day of strike each week, at an airport of their choice?

This will not get anywhere, just lead to a permanent annoyance, and a (very well deserved) further degradation of the public image of pilots.

My recommendation to management: Go bust! Maybe a bit embarrassing, but this instrument has been used very effectively by US airlines to get rid of retirement benefits etc. and reduce personnel cost. Would allow for a fresh start without all this zoo of 4U, Jump, Wings and whatnot, which are in the end only vehicles to get around uncompetitive labor costs.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Thank you.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flying from PEK to FRA on Wednesday - I would really like to know if I should make other arrangements in case LH's flight from FRA to PEK tomorrow is cancelled. The strike is mentioned in the news everywhere, but still nothing on Lufthansa's website..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.