Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pilot strikes in Autumn / Fall 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
LufthansaFlyer: your flight TO FRA will probably be operated as scheduled. Only flights FROM FRA will be included in the strike.
It might be very difficult to fly TO FRA if the operating equipment FROM FRA doesn't arrive...@:-)
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, FB, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by N1003U
It might be very difficult to fly TO FRA if the operating equipment FROM FRA doesn't arrive...@:-)
That was indeed the point of my question... I hope the missing announcement on the LH site means that they are trying to decide which flights can still go out, and hoping that will include mine. Since the A380 I am on is sold out in Y and almost sold out in C, it will probably be challenging to find an alternative.

Last edited by xandern; Sep 29, 2014 at 2:25 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:25 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by ralfkrippner
Nothing yet on LH or VC websites. Strange...
The update is online now:

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Travel-information

Strike by pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit on September 30th

The pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit has announced a strike for long-haul flights departing from Lufthansa’s Frankfurt hub scheduled for September 30th in the time from 8.00 to 23.00 CEST.

Lufthansa long-haul flight operations departing from Frankfurt will be affected by the strike. All Lufthansa flights to and from the Munich hub as well as short-haul flights from and to Frankfurt will operate as scheduled.

Passengers are kindly requested to check the status of their flight prior to departure. Passengers whose flights are operating are kindly requested to come to the airport in good time.

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels Ticket for flights from/to/via Frankfurt on 30.09.2014 can rebook their tickets once free of charge.

The following conditions have to apply:

Rebooking within same booking class:
- Tickets must be issue on/before 29.9.2014
- New date of travel must be on/before 31.12.2014
- Change of origin/destination and class of service/compartment is not permitted
- All other ticket conditions must be observed as per original ticket

Lufthansa regrets any inconvenience to Lufthansa passengers caused by the strike actions by the pilots union Vereinigung Cockpit and will do its utmost to minimise impacts on passengers.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:36 am

The hell with VC and their idiot leadership. in 10 minutes UA rebooked me to UA flights to FRA. I get there 2 hours earlier.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by xandern
Flying from PEK to FRA on Wednesday - I would really like to know if I should make other arrangements in case LH's flight from FRA to PEK tomorrow is cancelled. The strike is mentioned in the news everywhere, but still nothing on Lufthansa's website..
Call LH and get rebooked if you don't see an auto rebook option on line.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
Call LH and get rebooked if you don't see an auto rebook option on line.
I am hoping some flights will go out, including the one to PEK - I hope this is not a silly thought. I am hesitant about rebooking as I dont want to fly home later if I dont have to. Flight is still listed as 'On Schedule', but so are all other flights to other destinations that I randomly checked...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:45 am

I am hoping some flights will go out, including the one to PEK - I hope this is not a silly thought. I am hesitant about rebooking as I dont want to fly home later if I dont have to. Flight is still listed as 'On Schedule', but so are all other flights to other destinations that I randomly checked...
I just would not trust any long haul flight to depart FRA during the 8a-11p window. It may be wise to hedge your exposure and rebook unless you're flexible and don't mind a day or 2 delay in return. They can put you on Air China as well, not that I would recommend that!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:50 am

I just would not trust any long haul flight to depart FRA during the 8a-11p window. It may be wise to hedge your exposure and rebook unless you're flexible and don't mind a day or 2 delay in return. They can put you on Air China as well, not that I would recommend that!
lufthansa.com can rebook me in economy flex via MUC (now booked in Q), at an additional cost of 1005 Euro.... Not an attractive option. Will see if on the phone it can be done for less...
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:52 am

lufthansa.com can rebook me in economy flex via MUC (now booked in Q), at an additional cost of 1005 Euro.... Not an attractive option. Will see if on the phone it can be done for less...
rebooking will be free. Online system is not reflecting canceled flights yet but agents are aware. I was able to rebook via phone with UA who had called LH to get my ticket released back to UA for the change
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:52 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
That doesn's sound right to me...

Passengers holding a Lufthansa/SWISS/Austrian Airlines or Brussels Ticket for flights from/to/via Frankfurt on 30.09.2014 can rebook their tickets once free of charge.
Why the heck would they charge you more than €1000 for something that you should get without a change fee / upsell?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by cas_de
That doesn's sound right to me...

Why the heck would they charge you more than €1000 for something that you should get without a change fee / upsell?
The online systems are not updated to reflected potential cancellations so thats why the fee changes are still showing. They would only work automatically if the flights have been officially canceled by LH, which they have not been as of yet.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
+1.

Air China on a good day can be quite pleasant, and LH on a bad, oversold day, with cranky, delayed, tired passengers can be a nightmare....@:-)

Re-book onto CA if you are able to if your flight is affected. Don't reward LH with the revenue after they have inconvenienced you.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:55 am

Your logic is indisputable!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

+1.

Air China on a good day can be quite pleasant, and LH on a bad, oversold day, with cranky, delayed, tired passengers can be a nightmare....@:-)

Re-book onto CA if you are able to if your flight is affected. Don't reward LH with the revenue after they have inconvenienced you.
+2

CA is not too bad at all most of the time- in fact I have had some very nice flights with them long haul. I would rebook there immediately.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
+2

CA is not too bad at all most of the time- in fact I have had some very nice flights with them long haul. I would rebook there immediately.
I guess I've only heard not so good stories. Glad that you gents have had good experiences with CA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.